• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I’d hope not really. Can’t rely on an unproven youngster and I’ve seen a lot of talk of Richarlison he does not score enough goals. What’s his top prem tally? 13 odd in one season. Plus he does get injured a bit.

Sorry but it’s poor on clubs part of that was case.

Playing mostly on the wing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I may well be in the minority but I'd rather he goes now. We get a good amount of money to reinvest and safe in the knowledge he's not going to one of our domestic rivals.

I have complete faith in Ange to rebuild without Kane here, as great as a Kane is he doesn't really even fit Anges desired style (of course I'm not suggesting there isn't a place for him in his team).

If Kane remains here another season as great as an additional season of him on the pitch will be, the chances of him deciding to remain here are extremely slim, he will leave on a free and the odds are high if it being to one of the Manchester clubs. I would happily have him leave a season earlier and for that scenario not to play out.....

We'll survive without Kane, but it all seems so pointless. We finally look to have a cracking team setup perfectly for Kane to bang in goals - and here he's suddenly going to bloody Germany. Why the hell would he want that? It's so weird. We should just push on to sign a new contract, or at the very least keep him for now! We'll always be able to persuade him later! :)

The rhetoric certainly has changed in the media, now there is a real possibility of him going they all think he should stay and the all time premier league top scorer is worth way more than a Bundesliga. Almost as if they have just realised on of the leagues star players is leaving for a second rate league.

The rhetoric certainly has changed in the media, now there is a real possibility of him going they all think he should stay and the all time premier league top scorer is worth way more than a Bundesliga. Almost as if they have just realised on of the leagues star players is leaving for a second rate league.

He's the most googled player in the prem. They make money writing stories about him. Lose him they lose money.

Wait till we lose a game/or he scores a hat-trick in the Bundesliga..."Oh thats why Tottenham should have stopped him leaving at all costs"

A
We may be happy with Richy and the new guy. It might be, and hypothetically basing on what Ange said, that if Kane goes the money will be used on another defender like Tap whatever his name was rather than trying to find a new Kane.

I don’t think there is anyone out there who is an obvious replacement - Martinez from Inter perhaps but like I said it’s more likely to go elsewhere
Ange never said that
He did say we would like another CB dependant on outgoings
That doesn’t mean we wouldn’t replace Kane or buy a striker
It had no relevance to Kane at all when the question was asked

SSN saying the issue is between Kane and Tottenham. Just wondering, could it he's not happy because Levy has inserted a clause mandating that Bayern cannot sell to a PL rival or that Tottenham have first refusal, something like that? Of course you'd hope he'd want to come back to us, but maybe he's had enough of Levy dictating his career path and would now prefer to be the master of his own destiny?

Watch your descent, that's quite the leap

If he goes he goes last week or before not a fudging day before the PL starts and 3 days until our 1st game
The board need pelters for letting it get to the stage of accepting a bid this fudging late

I don't think he will but imagine if Ange walked over this

I think you need to breath.
Apparently Kane's deadline was "by the Brentford game".
Bayern probably thought they could strong arm us and cause Kane to push through a move - it's what they do.
But both our board and Kane are decent people and stick to their principles.

We've also signed 5 new players plus Porro and Kulu this window. I think it's all been very well and respectfully.

Genuine question, how is Bayern affording this deal? £100m outlay, prob at least £300k a week wages… i assumed German Clubs were not massive revenue makers due to low ticket prices? I also thought they had strict FFP rules.

Genuine question, how is Bayern affording this deal? £100m outlay, prob at least £300k a week wages… i assumed German Clubs were not massive revenue makers due to low ticket prices? I also thought they had strict FFP rules.
They have brought loads of other players too this window

A

Ange never said that
He did say we would like another CB dependant on outgoings
That doesn’t mean we wouldn’t replace Kane or buy a striker
It had no relevance to Kane at all when the question was asked
You, like me, have no clue what he was referring to in terms of outgoings, could easily have been Kane or may have meant Rodon/Sanchez.

it’s why I said hypothetically, as in it’s an approach he may take if he is happy with Richy and the new guy with Scarlett behind. There is no guarantee we will go out for another striker if Kane goes - I hope we do based on what I have seen of Richarlison in his early appearances albeit limited but it’s not like we don’t have goals in the team, Sonny has normally got between 15-20, no beyond the realms of possibility to expect 10-15 from Kulu/Richy with mid chipping in more

Byern have lots of money. They've also made some sales this summer (including mane who was on €300k a week). They might have lower ticket prices but they sell a lot of merch. They earn a fortune from their memberships. In the cl every year. Have big sponsors including naming rights. They get a bit less tv money nowadays but still a big percentage of the bundesliga revenue as they have won the league for over a decade. Their revenue is higher than chelseas.

Back