• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

German league is less competitive than most, they've won what 10 straight titles. The PL is pretty competitive, yes been dominated by City recently but even getting in the top 4 is a battle with all the top clubs bar City missing out in recent years. When did Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern etc ever miss out on CL or even come closing to doing so.
City dominates PL, 5 in 6 seasons.
Real and Barca dominate Spain.
PSG dominates France.
Bayern dominates Germany.
Everyone else is an also ran in those 4 leagues.
Italy is the only top league that looks like it could be remotely open.

In 15 years time Jimmy Greaves will not be spoken of in the same terms as he is now. As the memory of his playing career fades even more and he's no longer the record holder younger fans will not even know who he is because when they look at the record books they will see the name Harry Kane rather than Greaves.

Put it this way, who was the all time Spurs top scorer before Greaves? Do you know?

If however Greaves had won the league in say 67, that statement of history would never change. His name would be etched into history forever.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Time diminishes most players fame, just look at the way the media airbrushed pre PL football. My dad uses to say how good George Hunt was for us and he always rated Ron Burgess better than Blacnchflower and Mackay, you can only really judge players in the time they play in.

City dominates PL, 5 in 6 seasons.
Real and Barca dominate Spain.
PSG dominates France.
Bayern dominates Germany.
Everyone else is an also ran in those 4 leagues.
Italy is the only top league that looks like it could be remotely open.

City dominate but are still pushed most seasons, the others generally win at a canter (Dortmund being an exception last season)

Greaves will always be etched in history at Spurs, as will Kane, those two will transcend anything the club does because like it or not, they are part of this clubs makeup.

I agree, but years will diminish their recognition, you never hear anyone mention Vivian Woodward, John Cameron or Arthur Rowe and they were giants in our history, it's only people of my age who knew people who saw them play.

I agree, but years will diminish their recognition, you never hear anyone mention Vivian Woodward, John Cameron or Arthur Rowe and they were giants in our history, it's only people of my age who knew people who saw them play.

Yeh I agree to an extent, but if there was a conversation about Spurs heroes without any angle, prejudice or politics their names would come up I think. This idea that our clubs heroes are only etched through cup or league wins just seems like another reason to stick the boot in on Spurs for not winning things (not you BTW). Kane will be remembered for being an absolute hero as will Klinsmann and Bale for varied reasons. Our heroes won't and shouldn't be judged by the same levels or standards as Man United judge there's because we are not a Man United.

The talk is of 100m-110m.

I don’t want to lose Harry, hes irreplaceable and has been an incredible player for us. So this isn’t a “didn’t want to keep him anyway” post.

But you have to say that that much money for a 30 year old with 12 months on his contract is an amazing bit of business. Never thought we’d see that much for him. If he goes to Bayern for that with a buyback clause, Levy’s done very, very well. He just needs to do even half as well in terms of spending the money now…
Total 100€
50now
30 over 3 years
And the rest is if he become german top scorer, they get to the finals in cl, win the League or a cup…

Its not enough is it, when it would barely cover one of say Muani or Tapsoba

It’s crazy, he is one of the three best players in the world. Yet no bidding war, and we are going to receive less for him than The Arse payed for Rice. Who yes is younger, but if I had to put Money on one of them to be still be playing at an elite level in 4 years time my money would firmly be on Harry…

It’s crazy, he is one of the three best players in the world. Yet no bidding war, and we are going to receive less for him than The Arse payed for Rice. Who yes is younger, but if I had to put Money on one of them to be still be playing at an elite level in 4 years time my money would firmly be on Harry…

Probably in part a realisation that we won't deal with the PL. And likely a few bids or enquiries just turned down straight away

Greaves will always be etched in history at Spurs, as will Kane, those two will transcend anything the club does because like it or not, they are part of this clubs makeup.

Without a doubt he will, and he scored most of his goals on what would now be seen as ploughed fields with opposistion players kicking brick out of him every game.

Back