• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We came 7th with his goals and assists. We have Son who is capable of getting around 20 goals if up front, or the Fiorentina guy who looks like will be a goal machine would likely get a good number of goals. Whilst less goals and assists than Kane would get, if we can further strengthen the CB and AM positions then we could definitely become a better team than the Harry Kane team we have almost become….

I like the optimism! No player is bigger than the team, for sure.

Now I have a dilemma, and it is regarding Kane and my garage that I converted into a playroom, Office and sort of bar. My Mrs allowed me (I wear the trousers honest) to put a spurs wall up in there and I spent a few months collecting programmes old and present along with newspaper articles and then put these onto the wall.

Now my dilemma is that Kane clearly features on there a lot, but if he departs us will it be too soon to cover up his face with other spurs stuff, or would you just leave it on there as a permanent painful reminder of him?

I think the answer from most will be to leave him up there, but I just think looking at the wall will hurt so much when I see him lining up in in colours of blue for City. Obviously there are players up there that have left Spurs that I hold close to my heart but they weren't Spurs through and through like Kane is, so this one will hurt the most I think.
I bought my 8 year old a signed photo of Kane a couple of months ago. Then the interview with Neville came out so I’ve held onto it in the faint hope that he’d still be here this season and then I’d give it to him. Not going to happen now is it?:(

We need to wait and see how it all pans out, I’d like to seen some direct quotes from him at some point but the only thing that would spoil (not remove or devalue his contribution) would be forcing a move and disrupting the clubs preperations.

He’s put himself in a difficult position by committing his prime years to us, when really any other player would have been advised to keep their future options open. People have short memories for this kind of thing though, Keane, Berbatov and Bale have all been welcomed back by Levy to some degree beyond how I have felt about them, so maybe it is just business at the end of the day.

The notion of Kane coming back to break Greaves’ record doesn’t seem feasible to me though, I don’t think his body will last for a career into his mid thirties, so it would have to be a point in time within the next 3 years when he’s bored of winning trophies or deemed not good enough to start most games for Emirates Marketing Project, taking a paycut and then if we have the capacity to give him at least another 100 games here to get 46 goals it would be a sad indictment of where we have ended up as a football club.

Last edited:
City could, of course, be playing a very canny game. They could have every intention of offering £150 million; and Kane might know this. In the meantime they let tensions simmer up nicely at Spurs, reduce the time we have to find a replacement striker, try their hand with lower offers, and make the start to our season a very difficult one.

I know some here really hate Levy, but trying to make out that this is all Levy's fault and he is the bad guy here is beyond pathetic.

I don't think people are blaming Levy but trying to see where this is currently at. In saying that it's all currently over to Emirates Marketing Project for tapping Kane up and paying the money needed to get their man. What I don't want is a repeat of the last-minute deal of the window where we have no decent cover and an excuse to write off yet another season as seen previously. Is that reasonable?

City could, of course, be playing a very canny game. They could have every intention of offering £150 million; and Kane might know this. In the meantime they let tensions simmer up nicely at Spurs, reduce the time we have to find a replacement striker, try their hand with lower offers, and make the start to our season a very difficult one.

I dont know about that, but plausible. They have usually never dithered in the market but i suspect that City want both Grealish and Kane this season and actually have some sort of stretched-out budget.

Which is why it's ridiculous to have the transfer window open up until the start of the season. Why not open it the day the season finishes, and have it end on the 1st day of preseason, for instance? It's always so bloody disruptive.

The notion of Kane coming back to break Greaves’ record doesn’t seem feasible to me though, I don’t think his body will last for a career into his mid thirties, so it would have to be a point in time within the next 3 years when he’s bored of winning trophies or deemed not good enough to start most games for Emirates Marketing Project, taking a paycut and then if we have the capacity to give him at least another 100 games here to get 46 goals it would be a sad indictment of where we have ended up as a football club.

I guess it could work if he signs a four year contract there with no extension clauses. We get 150 million to play with now and he comes back for free at the end of his contract.

I dont know about that, but plausible. They have usually never dithered in the market but i suspect that City want both Grealish and Kane this season and actually have some sort of stretched-out budget.

That's why I don't buy it .. this is so not their style.

City don't lowball, they don't dither and drag out brick and really we aren't that arrogant to believe they are so worried about the team that came 7th that they are actively changing their MO to bother our start to season?

They spend money, but by and large keep any PR on the quiet side.

Until proven wrong, I think they are only interested in Kane in a purely opportunistic way, i.e. at the right price (Haaland will be £75M next summer), and Kane and his brother have completely misread the situation.

They are a fudging oil state, they could spend another billion in this window and not blink, if they really wanted Kane, they would have closed deal already.

I don't think people are blaming Levy but trying to see where this is currently at. In saying that it's all currently over to Emirates Marketing Project for tapping Kane up and paying the money needed to get their man. What I don't want is a repeat of the last-minute deal of the window where we have no decent cover and an excuse to write off yet another season as seen previously. Is that reasonable?
There are a few posts blaming Levy, even one going on about Paratici not stopping Kane going on strike.

Being concerned that this drags on and we don't get players in is valid. However, with Paratici in place I'm confident that we will get replacements in as we did when Bale was sold.

Reactions: DTA
I guess it could work if he signs a four year contract there with no extension clauses. We get 150 million to play with now and he comes back for free at the end of his contract.
Just in time for us to sell Vlahovic to City for 500 million??
:D
I’m a romantic but him coming back past his peak would mean we have failed to replace him with anything like the quality we need to challenge top 4 again.

Just in time for us to sell Vlahovic to City for 500 million??
:D
I’m a romantic but him coming back past his peak would mean we have failed to replace him with anything like the quality we need to challenge top 4 again.

If Kane goes, fudge him.

- too many times we have let the club be used by "legends", e.g. Klinsmann, Bale, why would we add Kane to the list?

And unlike Bale, we have seen the very best of Kane, his peak.

That's why I don't buy it .. this is so not their style.

City don't lowball, they don't dither and drag out brick and really we aren't that arrogant to believe they are so worried about the team that came 7th that they are actively changing their MO to bother our start to season?

They spend money, but by and large keep any PR on the quiet side.

Until proven wrong, I think they are only interested in Kane in a purely opportunistic way, i.e. at the right price (Haaland will be £75M next summer), and Kane and his brother have completely misread the situation.

They are a fudging oil state, they could spend another billion in this window and not blink, if they really wanted Kane, they would have closed deal already.
Athletic (and others perhaps) reporting that Levy isn't interested in selling Kane to an English club. May be that Kane is trying to impact that part of the equation, and hoping that City pay up.

Either way the situation is becoming a real problem, the closer the season gets without him training the more the situation intensifies.

Would be interesting to know what Levy, Paratici and Nuno are thinking about this. What their plan is. Going into the season with a player refusing to train and without the funds to replace him puts a lot of pressure on us, particularly if early results don't go our way.

No way that Levy/Kane had a £100M figure conversation, his transfer market value is £120M (it was £150M last summer), Grealish as reference is £65M.

City is playing Kane here. This is completely not their style, they don't haggle, they don't low ball, they don't drag on transfers.

They are being completely opportunistic here, i.e. "hey, if we can get one of the top strikers in the world for 60% of their value, sure, but we not doing any more than that."

I am wondering whether something like "top UK sale" (ie above Bale) got mistaken as "Bale and a bit"

Athletic (and others perhaps) reporting that Levy isn't interested in selling Kane to an English club. May be that Kane is trying to impact that part of the equation, and hoping that City pay up.

Either way the situation is becoming a real problem, the closer the season gets without him training the more the situation intensifies.

Would be interesting to know what Levy, Paratici and Nuno are thinking about this. What their plan is. Going into the season with a player refusing to train and without the funds to replace him puts a lot of pressure on us, particularly if early results don't go our way.

I could see the non English thing being there if any of the reported City valuations were even close

Kane can only refuse to train for a short period of time, this has been done by lots of players, even if it doesn't work out for them, a couple of training sessions, one or two games, it's never longer than that.

I'm quite sure Paratici is looking at options "if" City makes a real bid and we decide to take it.

I reckon this is what Kane is banking on to get his move!!

Back