• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I could see the non English thing being there if any of the reported City valuations were even close

Kane can only refuse to train for a short period of time, this has been done by lots of players, even if it doesn't work out for them, a couple of training sessions, one or two games, it's never longer than that.

I'm quite sure Paratici is looking at options "if" City makes a real bid and we decide to take it.
Impossible to know what goes on behind the scenes. If Kane is doing this hoping that Levy will drop his asking price to around what City reportedly offered as their first offer he's deluded.

That may not be the case though. Kane might know more about what City are willing to offer than is currently being reported.

If the window slams shut and Kane is still here, does anyone actual envisage he will just down tools? I dont. Other than trophies, scoring records is the thing he is most bothered about and he's not going to just stop trying if he is made to stay here. Another reason, why Levy is right to stick to his valuation - if it is met then fine, and if it isnt then he stays because he will still be putting in the numbers for us...

Just in the valuation front.

A turn of phrase is ‘something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.’ This is on the basis you want to sell though.

In the case of Grealish and Kane, the price is what they are worth to their clubs. Grealish is worth 100m to Villa, if that is too much for Emirates Marketing Project then don’t buy him.
When you want to sell players that’s when the purchaser is in the driving seat.

The disruption is a factor of course but so is the 3 years left on Kane’s contract.

Just in the valuation front.

A turn of phrase is ‘something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.’ This is on the basis you want to sell though.

In the case of Grealish and Kane, the price is what they are worth to their clubs. Grealish is worth 100m to Villa, if that is too much for Emirates Marketing Project then don’t buy him.
When you want to sell players that’s when the purchaser is in the driving seat.

The disruption is a factor of course but so is the 3 years left on Kane’s contract.

Villa valued Grealish at £80M last summer with a year more on his contract, his market value is estimated at £65M, City has overbid by anyone's estimation.

That's why the "City want Kane" and "City have offered £100M for Kane" don't quite add up.

If the window slams shut and Kane is still here, does anyone actual envisage he will just down tools? I dont. Other than trophies, scoring records is the thing he is most bothered about and he's not going to just stop trying if he is made to stay here. Another reason, why Levy is right to stick to his valuation - if it is met then fine, and if it isnt then he stays because he will still be putting in the numbers for us...
It’s hard to think he would refuse to play post the window, but it would leave a difficult atmosphere around the camp and cause Nuno some problems with reintegrating him. I’m trying to think of other examples where big players came back from situations this, Modric for one season of course. Any others end up eating humble pie and returning to normal?

At this stage. I hope he fudges off to City as soon as possible. Of course, the right deal needs to be done, but refusing to work for employers that are paying you, for a club that have supported your rise to the top level and been there for you at all times, isn’t the right way.

I respect his decision that he wants to move. I would have supported him if he hadn’t thrown his toys out of the pram in this way. Instead, thanks for the time at the club, now go and get City to pay top money and just go.

It’s hard to think he would refuse to play post the window, but it would leave a difficult atmosphere around the camp and cause Nuno some problems with reintegrating him. I’m trying to think of other examples where big players came back from situations this, Modric for one season of course. Any others end up eating humble pie and returning to normal?
Messi has done it several times with Barca, usually ends with him getting an extension

Impossible to know what goes on behind the scenes. If Kane is doing this hoping that Levy will drop his asking price to around what City reportedly offered as their first offer he's deluded.

That may not be the case though. Kane might know more about what City are willing to offer than is currently being reported.

If City was offering anything more, they (Kane's camp) would have leaked it. There is a big difference in the pressure on Spurs if City was genuinely offering £140 -£160M and we just weren't open to selling, vs. City has offered the same as they did for Grealish (for one of the top strikers in world football) and unsurprisingly Spurs aren't interested and Kane is throwing a tantrum as result.

I'm saying i think spurs and city have agreed terms.
Hopefully i'm wrong.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion

- Why would Kane not turn up for training, get fined, ruin his reputation if the deal is agreed?

If paperwork is done, just keep quiet (see Grealish training at Villa) until agreed point.

Why would City pay a fee we would accept and not want him immediately?

Why would he? Pretty pointless just not turning up for one day and then coming in the next. Besides, if he’s going to be fined a week or two weeks wages might aswell get his money’s worth:D….

It should be one week for every one day he’s not there imo

The Athletic had a bit about that in their article yesterday:

It is quite striking, though, to note that there are those in the football industry who will say — whether publicly, like Ferdinand, or privately — that a player in these circumstances has to do whatever it takes to get the move he wants.

It wasn’t like that in the summer of 1998, when Pierre van Hooijdonk failed to report for pre-season training at Nottingham Forest, citing broken promises about investment in the squad since winning promotion to the Premier League.

Van Hooijdonk’s failure to return to training sparked fury in the dressing room. It worsened when he stayed away and his team-mates made it abundantly clear he would not be welcome to come back — which made things strained when finally he did three months later. As manager Dave Bassett colourfully put it not long after Van Hooijdonk returned, “If he thinks we’re going to offer him an olive branch, he knows where he can stick it.”

However, as former Forest full-back Alan Rogers explained here, the lore of the dressing room has changed significantly since those days. “It’s almost accepted now,” Rogers said. “I’m not saying it’s like what we had with Pierre at Forest, but it seems to be pretty much accepted now that players will play up to try to get a move. The players have so much power these days. You look at certain players where they’ve made clear they don’t want to be at a club and they seem to be taking the tinkle, but in a lot of cases now their team-mates just seem to put up with it.”

This is true. When Thibaut Courtois stayed away from pre-season training at Chelsea in the summer of 2018 to try to force his way to Real Madrid, there were collective shrugs from players and supporters alike as if to say, “This is just what happens.” Even when Diego Costa went AWOL from Chelsea at the start of the 2017-18 campaign after a fallout with Antonio Conte, accusing the club of treating him “like a criminal”, Eden Hazard described him as “a top guy, a top player” and said he hoped to see him back on the pitch soon.

More pressure on City from Harry today then lol.

As if City gives a brick, here how I see it

#1 Priority for City is Grealish, young, closer to their normal price range and aligned to the type of player Pep likes
#2 Is Haaland next summer at €75M euro release clause
#3 Kane is they can get a heavily below market rate

All their actions and historical way of operating point to that. Harry having idiot family as an advisor isn't seeing it.

What pressure is he putting on City? Pep will be delighted to play false 9s until the end of time ..

Why would he? Pretty pointless just not turning up for one day and then coming in the next. Besides, if he’s going to be fined a week or two weeks wages might aswell get his money’s worth:D….

I know you’re right. I just hoped that he’d did it yesterday to make a point and put a bit of public pressure on. Stupid illogical hope obviously. Just think this is a bricky way to go about things and hoped we wouldn’t reach this point with Harry. It’s incredibly disrespectful to our club.

Hurry up and give us £150m and let’s all just move on.
This is going to get horribly messy and be a massive hinderance to the start of our season.
I think I said much earlier in this thread that Kane had asked to leave last summer and Levy had asked him to give one more year. It was all quite amicable and kept out of the press as a result. My guess is that Levy has reneged on the agreement (Modric had a similar situation as well I remember).

Back