• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There is no evidence to suggest that Levy has gone back on his word. Let's assume there is a 'gentleman's agreement', what does that really mean? It does not mean we will sell him for £100m, it means we will sell him when we get an acceptable offer. The £100m offered about a month ago is clearly unacceptable.

Or Kane needed to do was to come to training every morning and keep his gob closed until Emirates Marketing Project make an acceptable bid.

Fact, Levy is not the bad guy here.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
That assumes that the two parties didn't agree that number a year ago. There are a lot of assumptions on here that Levy didn't but I think it is interesting that Harry himself mentioned £100m in the interview with Gary Neville. Harry's actions right now seem rather out of character which suggests to me that he believes Levy has reneged on their deal.

Just checked how long various players had left on their Tottenham contract when they forced they way out.

Modric had 4 years https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/may/30/luka-modric-tottenham-contract-manchester-united
Bale had 3 years https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/18613479
Berbatov had 2 years https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/pay-hike-will-keep-berbatov-at-spurs-7251520.html

The difference is Berbatov got to choose his club.
Modric had to stay an extra year had to leave the country instead of going to Chelsea
Bale ultimately got to go where he wanted. But did leave the country.

This is going to get horribly messy and be a massive hinderance to the start of our season.
I think I said much earlier in this thread that Kane had asked to leave last summer and Levy had asked him to give one more year. It was all quite amicable and kept out of the press as a result. My guess is that Levy has reneged on the agreement (Modric had a similar situation as well I remember).
Why on earth would Levy say "give me one more year" when he still had 4 years contract?
Kanes camp have released it that there was a gentleman's agreement, sources from the club are saying there was no such agreement.
If there was one I can guarantee it didn't involve selling Kane at way below his market value.

If this had been blown out of proportion, I think you would have seen some sort of PR to quash all this rather than let it run. More than likely you are going to see Kane backing down with City not coming up with the required money.....

Then signing a new deal lol

This is going to get horribly messy and be a massive hinderance to the start of our season.
I think I said much earlier in this thread that Kane had asked to leave last summer and Levy had asked him to give one more year. It was all quite amicable and kept out of the press as a result. My guess is that Levy has reneged on the agreement (Modric had a similar situation as well I remember).

fudging hell mate, is there anything that doesn't come back to a Levy problem for you? does your dislike of Levy go so far that you think he should give away the most valuable asset the club has? for who's benefit, City need a hand out?

Lets say they agreed Kane could leave this summer

Do you really believe the club agreed (gentleman's or in any way)
- To sell him for way below market value at £100M (his market value at the time of that conversation would have been £150M)
- To sell him to a PL rival for said way below market value?

Would you have told Kane he could leave for £100M to another PL club? would anyone have agreed to that?

The only way your "Levy reneged" flimflam has legs is if City has an offer on the table north of £150M right now, and if they did it would be all over the press, because that would be genuine pressure.

This is Eriksen and Toby all over again, yes you can go, if someone actually wants to buy you, your overestimation of certain clubs actually wanting you is not Spurs problem.

I’d be stunned if Levy put any kind of figure on the sale to Kane last summer, he’s well aware of the way valuations move, way more than a player would be.

isn’t it much more likely that Levy said if someone comes up with an acceptable offer we won’t stand in your way?

If the player (like Modric back in the day) translates that to “any” offer then I’m not sure you can blame Levy for a players stupidity?

i know there are assumptions in the above but there are just as many assumptions and illogical ones at that in thinking Levy has reneged on an agreement.

And so the negotiations begin.

It's going to be a media circus for a while. If nothing else, hopefully it will allow Paratici to get on with other acquisitions in the background whilst Levy handles the Kane saga.
But it's clear Levy is going to hold out for a PL rival-premium if it's City.
I really don't see how Harry stays and comes back from all this with anything near the same level of reputation and adoration from the fans. Does he even care?
This was about the amount that I thought that Levy would end up selling him for.

I think what will happen in the end is that there will be various bonuses in the deal and at least one player (overvalued) so that we can announce a headline figure of ££150 or £160m that in reality is more like £120m or £130m. The only question now is the timing IMO along with whether we only have money from sales to spend this window or whether we can spend what we generate plus another £40 to £50m. If the latter then we could come out of selling Kane in a better place overall for the medium term future of the club.

In some ways this is where having a chairman who is reasonably unpopular with the fanbase hurts us. Levy may dig his heels in so as not to become even more unpopular with the fans when in actual fact bringing in a good number for Kane and giving the new manager new players early on to strengthen the squad would be the right thing to do. Leicester's owner is far more popular with their fans than Levy is with ours and this has allowed them to benefit from selling their best player for decent money at the right time.

I think we have to accept that Kane will not be at Spurs next season. If he is then we'll have £120m+ hole in our finances for strengthening the team along with a player who won't be putting his all in (as we saw with Eriksen in the last 18 months or so of his contract).

The chairman needs to sanction the DoF to spend the money for Harry's replacements (and it needs to be two players) right now so that we have a strong hand here and not let us go into the season with only one senior centre forward on the books who doesn't want to play for us.

If this had been blown out of proportion, I think you would have seen some sort of PR to quash all this rather than let it run. More than likely you are going to see Kane backing down with City not coming up with the required money.....

Eh? This is the PR to quash. It’s also the backing down.

This definitely sounds more plausible, although Tottenham or Kane’s reps should have come out and quietened the noise if that’s the case
Or Kane suddenly realising he's made a boo-boo. 'Oh you said back on the 2nd? I thought you said the linen'

But you have no evidence to suggest that a price was agreed. Seems you are not keen on Levy so you are desperate to paint him as the bad guy.

In other news Grealish reports to training even though he wants to join Emirates Marketing Project

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
There is no evidence that a price wasn't agreed either....
Grealish wasn't looking to leave Villa a year ago and told that if he gave another year he would be allowed to leave so the situations are completely different.

Last edited:
Eh? This is the PR to quash.
I mean a hell of a lot sooner - everyone has seen the brick storm this has caused over the past 24 hours. A two line tweet claiming Kane thinks this has been blown out of proportion would have been done a lot quicker and a lot more made of it yesterday rather than waiting until he hasnt turned up for a second day had this really been the case....

Whack in Laporte or Silva and I think thats a good deal.
That would be £80m and one of those players.
I think we'll end up with £80m + a player + some not too easily achievable bonuses (though for Emirates Marketing Project I'm not sure what targets are 'difficult'?).... We can then say the price was £80m + £60m + £20m which looks like we've got a very good fee, while City haven't decimated their cash position too much.

How has Kane not turning up been blow out of proportion? He’s obviously made a decision to down tools. This has been reported upon as such and people are voicing their opinions about it. If there was another reason for his failure to attend, other than throwing a tantrum as we won’t let him join City for sofa change, then I’m sure that would have been reported too.

How has Kane not turning up been blow out of proportion? He’s obviously made a decision to down tools. This has been reported upon as such and people are voicing their opinions about it. If there was another reason for his failure to attend, other than throwing a tantrum as we won’t let him join City for sofa change, then I’m sure that would have been reported too.

Wasn't he late back last season too? The guy deserves a longer rest to be fair.

Back