• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Can you imagine if he'd have started the season in the starting eleven?!
If his form since gameweek 11 is anything to go by (15 goals in 18 league starts) Kane would quite possibly well on his way to joining Greaves, Smith and Allen in the pantheon of Spurs players to have scored 30+ league goals in a season!

2utteg8.jpg

Can you imagine if he'd have started the season in the starting eleven?!

I think his slow introduction was a key part of his emergence, I can understand your question but confidence is such a key thing and he managed to find that consistently to the point where it was crazy that he wouldn't start a premier league game. Playing against not top level opposition helped get the fans behind him in my opinion. There was not 32000 singing he's one of our own at the start of the season but because of Poch's handling of him as well as his quality obviously, there is now.

I didn't mean to do the midfield a disservice, but without Kane's goals, we would be in the bottom half.

Without Eriksen or Chadli's goals our situation wouldn't be do rosy either. Without Lloris's top saves, we wouldn't be great either. Thanks to a combination of these plus the contribution of the other players in the team, added to Kane's already mentioned excellent season, then we are doing well & have chance for too 4.

Kane is doing well but let's give others credit too.

Without Eriksen or Chadli's goals our situation wouldn't be do rosy either. Without Lloris's top saves, we wouldn't be great either. Thanks to a combination of these plus the contribution of the other players in the team, added to Kane's already mentioned excellent season, then we are doing well & have chance for too 4.

Without all the important contributions of the squad we'd have zero points (serious relegation fears) and the worst goal difference in history.

Without all the important contributions of the squad we'd have zero points (serious relegation fears) and the worst goal difference in history.

Exactly. So I'm unsure as to why people go overboard about removing a player's contributions to the side. The player is a part of the fully functional squad even if they are playing at a higher level than expected.

Exactly. So I'm unsure as to why people go overboard about removing a player's contributions to the side. The player is a part of the fully functional squad even if they are playing at a higher level than expected.

Can you imagine where Chelsea would be without Diego Costa???

Also, there is a logical fallacy at play if we were to discount Kane's contributions, with the assumption that we'd be playing with 10 men instead of 11.

Kane is doing well but let's give others credit too.[/QUOTE

Of course, but Kane's contributions have won us the most points.

Also, there is a logical fallacy at play if we were to discount Kane's contributions, with the assumption that we'd be playing with 10 men instead of 11.

Always said this when this sort of thing comes up about any player at any club. Remember they said similar about Ronaldo when he was at United even though without Ronaldo they could be bringing in someone else to replace him for £80m which isn't bad going.

This sort of stat is just as useless as one used for players: If you take away [insert name here] four against [insert team] and hattricks against [insert teams] then he'd only have [insert how many goals].

Taking a way a players best games doesn't reflect fairly on him as a player. Taking a way a teams best player doesn't reflect fairly on them as a team. Simples.

I think his slow introduction was a key part of his emergence, I can understand your question but confidence is such a key thing and he managed to find that consistently to the point where it was crazy that he wouldn't start a premier league game. Playing against not top level opposition helped get the fans behind him in my opinion. There was not 32000 singing he's one of our own at the start of the season but because of Poch's handling of him as well as his quality obviously, there is now.

Couldn't agree more. Poch's refusal to bow to fan pressure and to instead make Kane taste success and have to work harder and harder to force his place has done him wonders. That and of course Tim Sherwood. ;)

Couldn't agree more. Poch's refusal to bow to fan pressure and to instead make Kane taste success and have to work harder and harder to force his place has done him wonders. That and of course Tim Sherwood. ;)

Tim Sherwood is responsible for the success of Bill Nicholson AND Keith Burkinshaw.

That's questionable. How many times had Lloris pulled off a save, at the end of a game, that wins us the match? If we had Vorm in goal, we'd not be winning nearly as many points.,

That's questionable. How many times had Lloris pulled off a save, at the end of a game, that wins us the match? If we had Vorm in goal, we'd not be winning nearly as many points.,

too easy to say that. with vorm in goal, we may also keep possession better meaning less chances for the opposition.

If his form since gameweek 11 is anything to go by (15 goals in 18 league starts) Kane would quite possibly well on his way to joining Greaves, Smith and Allen in the pantheon of Spurs players to have scored 30+ league goals in a season!

2utteg8.jpg
So that's 14 goals in 13 PL starts since 14 Dec. Seem to remember Lineker going on a prolific run like that back in the early nineties, also Sheringham. Not sure it's been done since. Not over so many games anyway.

Back