• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

So he manages to congratulate Justin Rose for winning a golf tournament, but not one post congratulating his teammates or the club for beating the champions or even a like on social media for any of the club’s or players posts about the game? After all he’s still a Spurs player right so there should be some element of happiness?
One of our own!

Today just highlights how important he could be to City. Torres isn't fit to clean Kane's boots (neither is Jesus for that, Gabriel not Christ). I can't see City waiting long before offering the 160m and concluding this saga. Whether Kane felt something in his Spurs loving heart while he watched that Nuno masterclass from a corporate box, who knows. That performance from our boys will have given him something to think about.

I hope Levy charged him full price for that box.

Today just highlights how important he could be to City. Torres isn't fit to clean Kane's boots (neither is Jesus for that, Gabriel not Christ). I can't see City waiting long before offering the 160m and concluding this saga. Whether Kane felt something in his Spurs loving heart while he watched that Nuno masterclass from a corporate box, who knows. That performance from our boys will have given him something to think about.
Sky said he wasn't at the stadium?

Sorry Steff but why exactly can’t he post anything about football? After all isn’t he still currently a THFC employee? Even just a brief post to say congrats to the guys today, brilliant performance. I don’t think that would be controversial at all and wouldn’t offend his possible future employers. Grealish managed to turn up to training on time and act professionally. I’d take the money provided it is what WE want and reinvest it in the club.
I don't think City would be offended, but the media and a lot of fans would try to interpret what it means.

As long as his future isn't decided I can understand him keeping quiet.

Edit: Either outcome seems OK to me right now. As long as he's happy to do the work him staying cold be a huge boost to our season. If we reinvest well it's the same, but we need the time to do that.

Just so I know exactly what went on (which will decide my emotion around Kane moving forward).

What is the single biggest piece of factual evidence we have that Kane disrespected the club/the fans? As a lot of the current language being used against him is pretty damning.

From the start it’s been “Sky understands this” or “The Athletic have been made aware of that”.

Im not saying there hasn’t been wrongdoing - but what are we working off here? Lots of articles shown yesterday that Kane was always due to miss that game (which I really don’t understand anyway).

For me - the charge sheet so far reads:

Only non injured England player not available for first game of the season, which happens to be against the club you want to join.

No social media well wishes to the team yesterday, or congratulations. We had a social media post in the week when he realised his reputation was on the line.

No evidence he was in the stadium yesterday (unless I missed this). Unacceptable for an employee of the club in his position.

The Neville interview where he suggests we should be looking to accept £100m for him.

Anything else?

Spot on. City will get a lot better without him too of course, Foden KDB, time for integration for Grealish. They will probably click into gear regardless.

He would offer them something completely different though, as well as being able to do what existing players do well. He's unique imo in the range of qualities he offers and the level he's at. Couldn't be a better signing for them, price should reflect that if he goes.

Michael Dawson said on Sky it's £160m - perfectly on message.
Do you think Spurs briefed him on stuff knowing that he was working for Sky that day, and being an ambassador for Spurs? I reckon they must have. Loved it when he interrupted Neville politely albeit. So happy he's an ambassador he loves the club, although not being from the area and a northerner who probably supported a different team. Love it.

True, but did you specifically see him at the stadium? It seems an odd thing to lie about if it can be easily disproven. They are normally s bit more generic in their lies

If he was there, he would've been way out of sight from both cameras and fans.

Not showing his fave on the stadium neither congratulation the team on twitter (Like he always does) means in my opinion he really really wants to leave and don't care about Spurs any more.

Do you think Spurs briefed him on stuff knowing that he was working for Sky that day, and being an ambassador for Spurs? I reckon they must have. Loved it when he interrupted Neville politely albeit. So happy he's an ambassador he loves the club, although not being from the area and a northerner who probably supported a different team. Love it.
100% briefed by club. He’s on their payroll as an ambassador and he will have been told to get it out there for sure.

Let's be real. Harry cannot post anything about football on his social media right now or else it becomes big news in the twisty winds.

I hope we turn ALL money down. THIS is the moment to stay strong and keep him. I'd welcome him back into the squad and let him work his way back into the side. Honestly. With hard training and peak fitness. BTW, if I'm Paratici, I'd be making sure to remind him how City have basically fudged around and not showing him the respect...

Agree with all that, apart from turning money down just to make a point. We should decide whether to accept/decline an offer based on what we can do with the £££

Just so I know exactly what went on (which will decide my emotion around Kane moving forward).

What is the single biggest piece of factual evidence we have that Kane disrespected the club/the fans? As a lot of the current language being used against him is pretty damning.

From the start it’s been “Sky understands this” or “The Athletic have been made aware of that”.

Im not saying there hasn’t been wrongdoing - but what are we working off here? Lots of articles shown yesterday that Kane was always due to miss that game (which I really don’t understand anyway).

For me - the charge sheet so far reads:

Only non injured England player not available for first game of the season, which happens to be against the club you want to join.

No social media well wishes to the team yesterday, or congratulations. We had a social media post in the week when he realised his reputation was on the line.

No evidence he was in the stadium yesterday (unless I missed this). Unacceptable for an employee of the club in his position.

The Neville interview where he suggests we should be looking to accept £100m for him.

Anything else?

Completely. I've said many times that a lot of fans are filling in the void in info with the worst case scenario and that Kane is 100% guilty.

The Neville interview was clearly wrong but there are big gaps in terms of info about what has happened in the last couple weeks

Given neither Kane nor the club have sought to fill in that gap, which suggests to me that they could be in cahoots about what has happened

It should have course that the worst case scenario that many are assuming is in fact true, but I think its premature to assume that

When the window ends, it would be nice if the club or Kane cleared things up - would help Kane a lot, and in turn help Spurs

What did he interrupt Neville about?

would have liked Souness to be challenged about his comment regarding Kane not training/something else going on there.

I love the way the media are telling us "Spurs fans will love to have him back" (BBC) and "Spurs fans absolutely love him and they'll show that when he puts the jersey back on" (Sky).

Not from what I've seen and it's not how I feel. You had a stadium singing "Are you watching Harry Kane?" and singing "He's one of our own" for another player.

Not sure the media get how much Harry Kane has disrespected our club. I wouldn't boo him but I've a feeling some will if he plays for us again. It's a long way to forgiveness from where he is.

One of our disowned.

Which is why they should have done the deal weeks ago ..

That said, Pep is an arrogant clam and is highly unlikely to suddenly go "oh' this false 9 brick only works against lesser teams"

The issue for City remains, is Kane worth the premium and market precedent when Haaland will be available in less than 12 months for €75M? (might even be able to do something in January)

Back