• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

England manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane will receive his first senior international call up with the Three Lions next month.

The 21 year-old Spurs academy product has scored 23 goals for Mauricio Pochettino’s side this season and such impressive performances have had many calling for his England call up with Hodgson now confirming he can no longer ignore the in-form forward.

“Yes, he’s ready for England, in the sense that you have to qualify that by what you mean ‘international’. Is he worth a place in the squad now? Of course he is

“If the question’s ‘Is he worthy of a place like Wayne Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge, whoever’, well, that’s something he’ll have to prove. But unless I give him a chance in the squad he’ll never get a chance to prove that.

“Certainly, I like to think I do show a certain degree of loyalty to players who have been playing for a while and who I know I can trust. But I also like to think that I’m prepared to give someone a chance when he’s really showing with his current form that he’s worthy of a place with us.

“I think he’s got the qualities that you’re looking for in a centre forward, in the sense that he goes both ways, he can be a target player and receive balls that are played up to him

“He’s not one who just stays on the shoulder and make runs, he’s quite prepared to take part in the build-up play, run the channels, receive the longer balls, fight with the centre halves but is also prepared to make those runs into the box.

“He’s good at attacking crosses, he’s good at making short runs to get played in. Really he combines everything that you’re looking for in a centre-forward.”

Should Kane make his Wembley bow as expected he will face Lithuania in a Euro 2016 qualifier on March 27th as well as potentially play away against 2006 World Cup winners Italy in a friendly just four days later, the players ‘Roy of the Rovers’ fairytale rise continues

"Is he worthy of a place like Welbeck?"

Err, no, because Welbeck shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, but once you're in and all that.

how nice would it be to have Bale and Kane!! :)

Our team with a smattering of lost stars.

-----------------------Lloris-------------------------------

Walker-----King------------Vertonghen------Rose

-----------------Modric---Benteleb-------------------
--------------------Dembele---------------------------

---Bale--------------Kane---------------Eriksen------

one can dream!

Wow what a team. Our own Bayern

Bale (Robben)
Eriksen (Ribery)
Kane (Muller)
Modric (Alonso)
Bentaleb (Schweinsteiger)
Lloris (Neuer)

Who am I kidding? We'd smash them

"Is he worthy of a place like Welbeck?"

Err, no, because Welbeck shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, but once you're in and all that.

It made me laugh how people on this forum were disappointed when we didn't sign that non scoring striker. "He's been played out of position at United, once he plays up front for scum he'll bang the goals in". How has that worked out?

Should be Kane and Sturridge with Rooney just behind the two of them.

It made me laugh how people on this forum were disappointed when we didn't sign that non scoring striker. "He's been played out of position at United, once he plays up front for scum he'll bang the goals in". How has that worked out?

He's mainly been played wide for Arsenal too from what I've seen.

Would have been much better cover for Kane than Soldado and Adebayor have been. And also a better wide option than Townsend.

B9unKVQIcAAdpOQ.jpg

I thought Wellbeck was Arsenal's best player against us last weekend.

Back