• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Here's how Bale's best Premier League campaign compares to Kane this season (all Squawka figures per 90 minutes).

5kg55s.jpg

How do you compare players from different clubs on Squawka? Would be interested to see how he matches up to Sturridge (last season)

Edit nevermind, found it

xazqiDq.png

Last edited:
I still keep trying to tell myself that this is a purple patch and that the odds are massively against him continuing this way. Then he keeps scoring and convincing me he really is that good.

Must. Resist. Getting. Carried. Away.

The most interesting stat for Kane is the number of shots he takes.

I remember some people thinking early on that he seemed laboured and delayed shooting - but in fact he more considered about when he shoots. Such a good footballing brain - you cannot teach that

Gonna say something controversial but based upon this season for Kane and Bale's last season for us - I would take Kane all day long based upon those seasons alone (both of them would be nice ey).

In Bale's last season, i actually thought his performance level and general impact on games wasn't as great as it had been and he was simply scoring a lot of wonder goals/wonder moments regularly. In comparison, Kane is outscoring him currently and he is involved in everything we do, brings others into play well and his work rate for the team is unparalleled. He may not be as flashy as Bale but for me he is currently on a different level......

Sure a lot of people will disagree but I can't believe how good he has been for us and long may it continue.

Gonna say something controversial but based upon this season for Kane and Bale's last season for us - I would take Kane all day long based upon those seasons alone (both of them would be nice ey).

In Bale's last season, i actually thought his performance level and general impact on games wasn't as great as it had been and he was simply scoring a lot of wonder goals/wonder moments regularly. In comparison, Kane is outscoring him currently and he is involved in everything we do, brings others into play well and his work rate for the team is unparalleled. He may not be as flashy as Bale but for me he is currently on a different level......

Sure a lot of people will disagree but I can't believe how good he has been for us and long may it continue.

That is controversial. I know what you mean though.

Bale however did it for a few seasons. He was a marked man, people wanted to kick him or do whatever to stop him. He would be quiet for large spells, you're right but he could score a goal from almost anywhere. His pace and power frightened the life out of teams and they would adjust their entire thinking because of it.

If Harry continues in this vein then who knows. I can't believe this is even a serious discussion though. A few months ago I would have laughed in your face. What an incredible rise by Kane. It really is fairytale stuff

Another positive in his form is that (imv) he may have taken off some pressure on Lamela. If Kane wasn't the new golden boy, I reckon the press would be all over EL (perhaps even some of our fans). Eriksen has also taken some pressure away (imv).

Another positive in his form is that (imv) he may have taken off some pressure on Lamela. If Kane wasn't the new golden boy, I reckon the press would be all over EL (perhaps even some of our fans). Eriksen has also taken some pressure away (imv).
Very good point that.

Of course judgement is still premature since Kane has made, what is it, just fifteen PL starts this season? Also, any conclusions based purely on goals-and-assists stats risks dismissal as somewhat facile. But at the rate he is going it's more than conceivable that Kane's all-round contribution this season, that is including other factors such as hold up play, his dramatic impact on team morale and the turnaround that followed in results plus importantly the renewed connection with the fans, that all these things will enable him to eclipse even Bale's exceptional last full season with us. All this before we also take into account the possibility of one or more trophies and/or a place in the CL.

What a mouthwatering prospect.

how nice would it be to have Bale and Kane!! :)

Our team with a smattering of lost stars.

-----------------------Lloris-------------------------------

Walker-----King------------Vertonghen------Rose

-----------------Modric---Benteleb-------------------
--------------------Dembele---------------------------

---Bale--------------Kane---------------Eriksen------

one can dream!

I love this kid. He has scored so many different types of goals. Everything about his game puts a smile on my face.

The most interesting stat for Kane is the number of shots he takes.

I remember some people thinking early on that he seemed laboured and delayed shooting - but in fact he more considered about when he shoots. Such a good footballing brain - you cannot teach that

his delayed shooting is about not snatching at it, so that he can hit the sweet spot. his grounders at speed - a beauty to watch. So rare these days.

Back