• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

What has he said that's been wrong over say the past couple of years? He's usually on the money about Spurs.
I think you mean what has he said that’s been right? He hasn’t called one thing all summer and flip flopped wherever the latest Spurs link is just like everyone else for clicks.

My favourite is that he uses the excuse that he’s on holiday whenever something happens at Spurs that he hasn’t called. Maybe once upon a time he had some great contacts but since I’ve been paying attention to him the last year or so he’s as poor as the rest of them. He gives some safe info like ‘Scarlett has trained really well and is highly thought of within Spurs’ that makes it appear as if he’s really well connected, but when it comes to sensitive stuff? He’s no better than anyone else. But hey, if you think what he says is gospel then good luck to you - just saying what I’ve seen from him….

Oh cease serving us your roostertail of misery, anti-Levy spite and doom-mongering for just a few days, would you?
As a favour to Spurs fans on the forum? There must be plenty of online avenues where you can also visit if you feel the incessant urge to spew wailing tripe alongside fellow misery addicts.

Or, at the very least, hold off it to see if Kane is actually sold and no replacement comes in, in which case most of us will commiserate and agree with you.

Sorry you seem really sensitive and emotional. And no this is a forum and if I feel like saying something I shall.

You can happy clap all you want and pretend that what I've written does not have a chance of happening like we have seen many times again.

You are borderline delusional if you don't even think that this is strong possibility. Why don't you go somewhere else if you don't want to read the alternative view. You do not speak for all spurs fans.

So I've suggest you counter without getting up yourself in future. There are other places that you can go like you suggested.

I think Foden has won more than Dele, so not sure about the proven winner statement.

You’ll see that I’m one of Dele’s biggest fans but they are different type of players and if anything their numbers aren’t actually that dissimilar, which includes a 20+ goal season that looks more and more like a freak event. Of course any individual success at City does need to be caveated with their dominance man for man across the pitch and you could make a case that in a better team Dele may hit the big numbers again.

City don’t really have a key player, maybe De Bruyne but he is seemingly become injury prone.

View attachment 12383

Foden contributed as much as most of his more experienced peers in terms of final numbers. I can’t think of a team in world football who wouldn’t be interested in him and any circumstance City would want to sell. Unless Grealish comes in and he ends up benched, can’t see why he’d want to leave.
If Grealish joins it will be interesting what becomes of him, he seems to relish in the responsibility of the Villa team looking for him to make something happen, can’t seem him getting anywhere near the same licence, passes or even game time at City.

Fair points made all through. Point for me is that Foden was more of a squad player rather than a key role or lynchpin in the league or cup success for City. Compare to Dele's role for Spurs in his earlier years.

That said let's see the next move in this saga.

I have no idea whether Laporte would want to come. It has been reported that he wants out of Emirates Marketing Project though and if we can't attract a player that wants out from their club then it shows how poor our direction these past few years as we would've been considered a club that could challenge Emirates Marketing Project for silverware 3 or 4 years ago.

Laporte's wages are said to be about £120k a week, so would be covered by us having shipped out Alderweireld (I'm guessing though that Laporte might want a wage hike to be prepared to 'drop down' to us. However Toby was reported to be on anywhere between £120k and £180k a week so our wage bill wouldn't really suffer - especially with our highest wage earner in Kane leaving the club).

We don't yet know what Emirates Marketing Project have bid for Grealish. It may be that Villa have put a more sensible price on his head than we have put on Harry Kane.

IMO an opening offer of £100m (even if made up of players) is a very large opening offer and suggests that getting it up to £150m might be achievable.

I agree with you though that they are likely to go for Haaland next summer (I actually wonder whether we'll end up keeping Kane for one more season then see him join Man Utd for £100m in a year's time).

If he's on 120K/week that's not a problem, I was just worried he was more like Sterling (who earns more than Kane if rumour is to be believed)

As we've reached 800 pages I thought I'd look at the first post. 800 pages, 7.5 years later and still the subject of "City" transfer speculation......

Would you have him?
He's young, tall, blond and at Norwich.
I hear he's available. I also hear he fits our budget.
Cheeky deadline-day bid?????????????

And he's been around almost as long as Steff.

Sigh. I said it when we signed no one in 2018 - this was a dereliction of duty by an utterly mediocre, lying cheapskate whose only 'brand' is being a haggler with short arms and deep pockets, and it would hurt us for years and years to come.

So it's proven to be, with this just being one more blow to add on to all the rest. The abominable ENIC have got to go for the health of this club, this football club - that much is clear.

But you know what?

None of that absolves Kane, if (if) this news is true. If he didn't show up to training, at the club that pays him to train, we have all finally seen what Harry Kane really thinks about Tottenham Hotspur - nothing good.

If (again, if) he didn't show up to train, to respect his teammates and the fans that adore him and would have built him a statue - fudge him.

Stick him in the reserves, start fining him a week's wages for every day he misses, and add 5m to his price for each week that passes. We aren't about to be bullied by him, his gormless brother or a murderous Sheikh.

In the end, my loyalty's to Tottenham Hotspur - if Harry Kane wants to share in that, wonderful. If not - sod off, mate, because you mean utterly nothing to me. I've been through worse heartbreaks under 20 grinding, ambitionless years of ENIC, and before them as well.

I'm only sorry it came to this, is all.

Sigh. I said it when we signed no one in 2018 - this was a dereliction of duty by an utterly mediocre, lying cheapskate whose only 'brand' is being a haggler with short arms and deep pockets, and it would hurt us for years and years to come.

So it's proven to be, with this just being one more blow to add on to all the rest. The abominable ENIC have got to go for the health of this club, this football club - that much is clear.

But you know what?

None of that absolves Kane, if (if) this news is true. If he didn't show up to training, at the club that pays him to train, we have all finally seen what Harry Kane really thinks about Tottenham Hotspur - nothing good.

If (again, if) he didn't show up to train, to respect his teammates and the fans that adore him and would have built him a statue - fudge him.

Stick him in the reserves, start fining him a week's wages for every day he misses, and add 5m to his price for each week that passes. We aren't about to be bullied by him, his gormless brother or a murderous Sheikh.

In the end, my loyalty's to Tottenham Hotspur - if Harry Kane wants to share in that, wonderful. If not - sod off, mate, because you mean utterly nothing to me. I've been through worse heartbreaks under 20 grinding, ambitionless years of ENIC, and before them as well.

I'm only sorry it came to this, is all.

Agree. Pretty much everyone can see why he wants to leave but there are ways to go about it. Grealish managed to turn up to training so why can’t Kane? I really do hope the club fine him for every day he doesn’t turn up. Why should he collect his wages when he is not doing his job? I still like and respect Kyle Walker for leaving. A little envious that he has gone on to win nearly everything but you can’t begrudge that and I felt he acted professionally until he got his move. Yes he may have gone to Poch and said his head wasn’t really in it anymore but I believe that was caused by being told he was below Trippier in the pecking order.

can't say what happened.
have a feeling Levy makes everyone sign some serious non disclosure agreements but there has been some players - including Modric and Berbs - who voiced concerns that Levy did not honour verbal agreements. if that's the case then going on strike seems right imo.

Emirates Marketing Project clearly haven't got the cash, and player + cash deals are haaard (Lamela/Gil...I know)

Wonder whether Levy might try to agree, in writing, something with Kane about a release clause for next summer of say £100m - if the Spanish clubs are back able to afford players then, and Lewandowski is a furher year nearer retirement, Harry might get a move then?

can't say what happened.
have a feeling Levy makes everyone sign some serious non disclosure agreements but there has been some players - including Modric and Berbs - who voiced concerns that Levy did not honour verbal agreements. if that's the case then going on strike seems right imo.

Don’t disagree, but it has to be on our terms. Not Kane’s and not City’s. Kane coming out earlier and saying he thinks he is worth £100m doesn’t mean we have to accept that as an offer. Our valuation of him is clearly different to what City’s valuation is. Kane may not like it but it is what it is.

Back