• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If its true, then possibly. £100m + Jesus is my prediction.

Jesus is 24, can play right side of a front 3 and would fit within our wage structure

Then sign two CFs and have more cash left-over in order to complete the rebuild this summer

He’d be better than Frazier Campbell for sure but I’ve never been convinced by Jesus whenever I’ve seen him. Would stick in the throat if we traded Kane for him and cash unless we used that cash very well.

I'd thought Kane had asked for a bit of a longer break, but if Ally Gold is saying he was expected back, then that's quite damning

That's what i thought - is this just not a second bite of the cherry for the gutter press who reported the original idea of him coming back later than the rest a couple of weeks back?

Agree about the out of character bit - its why I'm highly sceptical about this, compared to whether say Modric or Berbatov had of done the same thing.

I've said before that I dont think it matters whether he stays or not if we get £150m. If we got that fee and signed 3 * £50m players in the 20-23 age range, we'd be in a very good place
I know I’m in the minority but I’d still reject 150 if he wanted to stay, but if he makes life difficult it’s not often that gets turned around. Modric may have been a rare example where we got that extra year out of him and dictated that it wasn’t a sale to domestic rivals.

Wouldnt be able to get Laporte and at 27 years old, I'm not sure he fits the profile of players which we're signing. Bernardo Silva is also 27

Why wouldnt we? If they want him then they need to compromise/sacrifice if they aren't going to pony up.the asking price. We don't want their cast offs

Why wouldnt we? If they want him then they need to compromise/sacrifice if they aren't going to pony up.the asking price. We don't want their cast offs

As much about the player as the club.

And also we seem to be targeting younger players this summer (the italian keeper is young for keepers). 27 y.o. doesnt fit that profile

I don’t think Jesus is all that either, he’s probably too old to make any money back on but if we are taking a player Mahrez would be an upgrade our right side of attack and bring an uplift of 10 goals, then Kane’s replacement at CF will under a little less pressure to hit his numbers. I’m still gutted though, as a grown man in used to seeing players come and go but Kane is different. Seeing him and Grealish potentially leave their boyhood clubs for City, even if both cases they’ve given more than a player without a connection to the club would have just makes me sad about football in general.

Well in this case we are talking about Levy (whos reputation as a negotiator doesn't need to be elaborated on) negotiating a transfer for the best striker in the world, with 3 years left on his contract. It will be 150m or suck it up buttercup.
Yes what I was saying is if he didn’t refuse to rain etc I’m not sure the 150m would do it, ditto the Berbs Keane Modric and Bale transfers.

Well at least we know there isn't an agreement in place already for Kane to depart. Kane doing this, just create a tiny bit more leverage on his side. But can't see him holding firm. Time for the club to hold steady, and test his bluff.

I don’t think Jesus is all that either, he’s probably too old to make any money back on but if we are taking a player Mahrez would be an upgrade our right side of attack and bring an uplift of 10 goals, then Kane’s replacement at CF will under a little less pressure to hit his numbers. I’m still gutted though, as a grown man in used to seeing players come and go but Kane is different. Seeing him and Grealish potentially leave their boyhood clubs for City, even if both cases they’ve given more than a player without a connection to the club would have just makes me sad about football in general.

Jesus is only 24 and had a fantastic goal scoring record considering most of his appearances are off the bench.

As much about the player as the club.

And also we seem to be targeting younger players this summer (the italian keeper is young for keepers). 27 y.o. doesnt fit that profile

27 is exactly what we need to compliment a 23 yo CB. Young enough to have enough time, but old enough to have some experience.

Have you seen the crap kane does on social media?

That baby reveal thing got sent to me and I thought what a plonker, kane is all about himself. Good player but I would be disappointed if my son ever went like that.
No one laments a gender reveal more than me, but that was seriously out of character for Kane and I think his missus may have put him up to it. There’s not many footballers who conduct themselves better than Kane imo and to my knowledge he also has 0 tattoos.

As usual I’ve already spent too much time speculating on how I feel about something that hasn’t actually happened yet!

Would be a potentially great pair. I think they'd compliment each other. Laportes wages and the small issue of replacing Kane to deal with :)
If (if if) Kane goes, then his wages would still be a little more than what we're likely to offer Laporte.

But I think Emirates Marketing Project are actually in an awkward place here if we stick to a demand for a hefty amount of cash. There's no way they have enough to buy both Grealish and Kane right now. Even the powers that be couldn't turn a blind eye to them just buying the two of them now - whether or not another state sponsorship deal is announced. They need to sell players and many of the usual suspects who would pay for their squad members simply don't have money to spare right now

This was always going to happen and will stink up our club until the end of the window.

Nothing can be done and it will turn increasingly acrimonious.

Saw it coming a mile off too. But a lot of people will be shocked.

They bought into the one of your own PR. Even after the Neville interview.

There were non English people on here supporting fudging England at the Euros because of Kane ffs.

Jesus is only 24 and had a fantastic goal scoring record considering most of his appearances are off the bench.
I just think those stats are tempered with the fact he plays for City who create a lot of chances and those bench appearances would be against a knackered or deflated defence. Plus he wouldn’t really hold the ball up. Maybe if he was going to be our right sided equivalent of Son and both could then be the backup to our new number 9 it could be more palatable, but the position we are in I would hope this is something we were planning rather than trying to fit a player in to grease the wheels of Kane’s move.

There were non English people on here supporting sfudging England at the Euros because of Kane ffs.

You brought this up at the time. I don’t recall one person saying they were supporting England because of Kane. At most, he was part of the reason for supporting England but no more and no less than any other Spurs player who has ever represented them.

As I’ve said on this thread, Kane was never one of our own. But I have a huge amount of respect and affection for him for everything he’s done in our shirt.

There were non English people on here supporting fudging England at the Euros because of Kane ffs.

Don’t you think it’s a little hypocritical to support an English club side but be so anti English when it comes to the national team?

Back