• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think if he does go in this window then it will be for £150-£160m. £120m is nowhere near enough. I think you may be right about things getting nasty. When it comes to selling your best player, there aren’t many chairmen you would want in your corner ahead of Levy. Yes he takes his time with negotiations which isn’t always the most helpful strategy for managers and having a settled squad in time for the start of the season but he always gets HIS price. The downside of that is the player thinks they have to act like a clam and down tools in order to get their move like Berbatov did, like Modric did and like what Bale did. Kane “may love this club” but he will look after himself first. Really hope it doesn’t come to that but this is a monumental transfer and it won’t necessarily happen by Kane being nice.

I do doubt however whether Emirates Marketing Project can pull off two massive deals in one window. FFP May as well be scrapped if they get Grealish AND Kane. You’re telling me they have the funds for both when stadiums have been closed for essentially a year and a bit?

FFP was dropped during Covid but was that just PL FFP or UEFA FFP? And whichever, or both, when do the rules get reinstated?

I think the Shieks at City raised about 100m in sales. Sane last summer, and some others likely this. They have a lot of assets.But still, it would make them look like they are buying the league, optics they may wish to avoid.

I think the Shieks at City raised about 100m in sales. Sane last summer, and some others likely this. They have a lot of assets.But still, it would make them look like they are buying the league, optics they may wish to avoid.
According to transfer market in the last year they sold €60m (inc Sane) and bought €160m, so net outlay of 100m. Could be on course to double that net outlay and some this year.

According to transfer market in the last year they sold €60m (inc Sane) and bought €160m, so net outlay of 100m. Could be on course to double that net outlay and some this year.

It is pretty disgusting. Abramovich toned down chavskis spending. But I am not sure why the nation was so outraged at the Super League yet barely kick up a fuss about city. Exposed for funneling cash into the club via fake sponsorships, warping fair competition in the PL; with cash derived from burning fossil fuels. They should spend their cash planting some forests or building orphanages or whatever, rather than skewing free competition.

Last edited:
It is pretty disgusting. Abramovich toned down chavskis spending. But I am not sure why the nation was so outraged at the Super League yet barely kick up a fuss about city. Exposed for funneling cash into the club via fake sponsorships, warping fair competition in the PL; with cash derived from burning fossil fuels. They should spending their cash planting some forest or orphanages or whatever, rather than skewing free competition.

said this a dozen times

- because Sky/BT/etc. say City and Chelsea are great but ESL bad, and the sheep follow ..

If they really do drop a quarter of a billion pounds in one summer on Grealish and Kane, then even Sky & BBC can't help but allude to the distorting power that oil money is having on their history.
Or perhaps they'll just slobber once more about how great it is to see Guardiola's genius team challenging again, Emirates Marketing Project undertaking the difficult and praiseworthy job of careful rebuilding/fiscally bludgeoning other clubs, and just avoid much critical analysis of resource disparity.

said this a dozen times

- because Sky/BT/etc. say City and Chelsea are great but ESL bad, and the sheep follow ..

Did you see the long story I wrote about it? If not, I think you’d like it…can be found on the homepage for the pod if you’re so inclined.

If they really do drop a quarter of a billion pounds in one summer on Grealish and Kane, then even Sky & BBC can't help but allude to the distorting power that oil money is having on their history.
Or perhaps they'll just slobber once more about how great it is to see Guardiola's genius team challenging again, Emirates Marketing Project undertaking the difficult and praiseworthy job of careful rebuilding/fiscally bludgeoning other clubs, and just avoid much critical analysis of resource disparity.

It's the right way, you know.

So if City are willing to pay £100M for Grealish, that must make Kane's value somewhere north of half a billion.

Levy needs to revise his demands.

Reactions: DTA
It is pretty disgusting. Abramovich toned down chavskis spending. But I am not sure why the nation was so outraged at the Super League yet barely kick up a fuss about city. Exposed for funneling cash into the club via fake sponsorships, warping fair competition in the PL; with cash derived from burning fossil fuels. They should spend their cash planting some forests or building orphanages or whatever, rather than skewing free competition.
The hypocrisy is nauseating, remember St Pep making his principled stand against the ESL with seemingly no sense of irony whatsoever.

No thanks, it’s better it’s left late. If we know he’s going we sign our players first otherwise teams know we have a massive amount of cash to burn and hike the prices. Also I don’t want Kane potentially playing for them vs us so happy to leave it for a bit.

Also why are people going on about FFP as if it actually exists:D…..
Do you not remember what happened when we left it late and sold Berba on the last day of the window? It meant we had no time to find a replacement.

This time we don't even have a backup striker. We need to just sell him for a decent amount and with decent timing if we have any intention of being serious this summer.

Last edited:
The hypocrisy is nauseating, remember St Pep making his principled stand against the ESL with seemingly no sense of irony whatsoever.

No irony required -> ESL "objectors" = City/Pep, PSG & Bayern, with Chelsea "reluctant" and first out -> clubs that enjoy how rigged it is for them now.

Do you not remember what happened when we left it late and sold Berba on the last day of the window? It meant we had no time to find a replacement.

This time we don't even have a backup striker. We need to just sell him for a decent amount and with decent timing if we have any intention of being serious this summer.

Or not sell him and have one of the top 3 forwards in the world for at least 3 more seasons.

Hearing rumours about a Kane showdown with Levy. If true, I have no pity for Harry. There is no way Levy should step back from Spurs requesting 160m value. Grealish who can't even touch the old Dele Alli's shoes is going for 100m. Ha!! If Kane likes, let him go on strike.

Back