• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Should we sell him cheap to help city?
I may have misread your post as I took it as he shouldn’t want 400k a week to stay here. But if you meant that he should look to take 200 instead of 400 to help City reach our valuation then it’s a fair point!

I didn’t want us to sell Walker to Emirates Marketing Project, let alone the best player we’ve had since the Prem started. We won’t use the money wisely, we won’t replace him with anything like similar quality and even if we did them they’d have their head turned a lot earlier than Kane may have.
I don’t blame him though, I’m just hoping he’ll give us one more season and see if having a better coached team and a refresh can get us back in contention. If he goes to Emirates Marketing Project that would put them into Bayern levels of dominance domestically, let alone If they add Grealish too.

I may have misread your post as I took it as he shouldn’t want 400k a week to stay here. But if you meant that he should look to take 200 instead of 400 to help City reach our valuation then it’s a fair point!

I didn’t want us to sell Walker to Emirates Marketing Project, let alone the best player we’ve had since the Prem started. We won’t use the money wisely, we won’t replace him with anything like similar quality and even if we did them they’d have their head turned a lot earlier than Kane may have.
I don’t blame him though, I’m just hoping he’ll give us one more season and see if having a better coached team and a refresh can get us back in contention. If he goes to Emirates Marketing Project that would put them into Bayern levels of dominance domestically, let alone If they add Grealish too.

no worries, it's all speculation and gossip, we don't really have a clue about any of whats going on.
its good to debate the possibilities though.

if city are offering a package of X, with y and z going to harry and spurs, and y is the stumbling block for spurs and harry really isn't bothered about the money and sees city as his best bet for medals, then why not offer a different split?

personally i'm ambivalent, i don't like the idea of hanging on to players who don't want to be here.
harry has done us proud and if he sees his future elsewhere then fair enough, but it will be on our terms.

I said at the very start that I expected Kane to go and thought we’d get £120 to £130m for him. I still think that will probably be the case and I think it may all get a bit nasty between now and the end of the window.

I said at the very start that I expected Kane to go and thought we’d get £120 to £130m for him. I still think that will probably be the case and I think it may all get a bit nasty between now and the end of the window.
He might sulk a bit, but he's going to miss the first couple of games anyway and the transfer window shuts on Aug 31st.
Once it closes he'll knuckle down and play as always. Either that or City pay what he's worth.

We really should make them squirm by taking Palmer and Delap from them as well.

I think if he does go in this window then it will be for £150-£160m. £120m is nowhere near enough. I think you may be right about things getting nasty. When it comes to selling your best player, there aren’t many chairmen you would want in your corner ahead of Levy. Yes he takes his time with negotiations which isn’t always the most helpful strategy for managers and having a settled squad in time for the start of the season but he always gets HIS price. The downside of that is the player thinks they have to act like a clam and down tools in order to get their move like Berbatov did, like Modric did and like what Bale did. Kane “may love this club” but he will look after himself first. Really hope it doesn’t come to that but this is a monumental transfer and it won’t necessarily happen by Kane being nice.

I do doubt however whether Emirates Marketing Project can pull off two massive deals in one window. FFP May as well be scrapped if they get Grealish AND Kane. You’re telling me they have the funds for both when stadiums have been closed for essentially a year and a bit?

250 million for Harry and Grealish is very strange.Definitely not subtle
They will need to sell a lot of players to balance the books …. Or not.

FFP is dead if they spunk 250 m on two players. Games gone in fact. Obscene transfer dealings. Drives the cost of mediocre players up as well.

Looks like Grealish is done the way Villa are spending, so reckon this is dead in the water. No way a team can spend 250m net in 1 window without questions from somewhere.

Biggest worry is it gets done last day of window. Club should set price and date. If it’s not complete by said date say mid August then no deal. Can’t leave ourselves short.

Biggest worry is it gets done last day of window. Club should set price and date. If it’s not complete by said date say mid August then no deal. Can’t leave ourselves short.
No thanks, it’s better it’s left late. If we know he’s going we sign our players first otherwise teams know we have a massive amount of cash to burn and hike the prices. Also I don’t want Kane potentially playing for them vs us so happy to leave it for a bit.

Also why are people going on about FFP as if it actually exists:D…..

No thanks, it’s better it’s left late. If we know he’s going we sign our players first otherwise teams know we have a massive amount of cash to burn and hike the prices. Also I don’t want Kane potentially playing for them vs us so happy to leave it for a bit.

Also why are people going on about FFP as if it actually exists:D…..

True regards FFP. Clubs will know what we are up to anyway if we start splashing the cash.

Back