• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Is that true? If so, that is ridiculous. Untill women become part of the men's game, which I wouldn't be adverse to as long as they are good enough. Then to stop using man of the match is ridiculous.
Possibly, but I suspect it's largely to do with Heineken being the title sponsor and some bright spark in Marketing coming up with the idea.

It's interesting that it's always been MVP in the US, which (until relatively recently) seems to have had very little by way of nationally watched/recognised women's team sports.

Reactions: DTA
Is that true? If so, that is ridiculous. Untill women become part of the men's game, which I wouldn't be adverse to as long as they are good enough. Then to stop using man of the match is ridiculous.
I would imagine that they are putting it across all forms of the game, so it does make sense.
But it does seem a bit crass.

Walker was very good. Sterling was good in patches, but like always, fudged up numerous times by running into trouble instead of passing the ball.

He does lose the ball on occasions ( like most players do) but he frightens brick out of the opposing players when he runs at them. And he does that better then any of the others imo.

Walker was very good. Sterling was good in patches, but like always, fudged up numerous times by running into trouble instead of passing the ball.
Walker has been outstanding this tournament
His interview also after the game really is a hell of classy listen
He speaks with a maturity which he has now got on the pitch

I worry that Sunday will be like losing to Juventus in the CL a few years ago. We got schooled in that tie -- Juve were more street smart, better at committing niggly fouls, conning the ref, and so on. Loathe it as I do, it's a skill. And Italy can combine that with lovely fluid play and sharp attacking. I don't think 2021 Kane has the pace or energy to trouble their centre backs. I hope I'm wrong though.

I was pleasantly surprised by Sterling on Wednesday...until he was switched to the right side (when for some bizarre reason Grealish was taken off for Trippier) and just stopped passing entirely. Sure, he won the penalty, but it was dodgy as hell. He's great at beating a defender so he's in the right place for a tap in, but that only really works on the left.

I was also impressed by Mount, who kept possession very nicely in the attacking third. I'll take Sterling-Mount-Sancho behind Kane on Sunday, please.

Back to Kane, how good would it be if he could score twice, nab the Golden Boot, and LIFT THE EUROPEAN CUP AT WEMBLEY?!

This is the EXACT game which has me thinking we will win. Kane will brickhouse those two IMO. We were fudged over in 2017; had we got past them we'd have won it, and they brickhoused us big time.

They're 2 centre backs are hardly speed merchants. Clever, positionally sound though. Kane will be well up for this, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't score or at the least assist a goal. Whether England win is another question, Italy are a very good side. Everything has been in our favour so far and we will need that fortune again to carry us to victory on Sunday night.

Sterling's problem is that he waits until he receives the ball before looking up. Then his first instinct is to dribble at players, so he has to try and look up and pick a pass whilst running at pace - the obvious result is getting tackled.

Compare and contrast with Kane, who checks over both shoulders before the player has even made the pass. So he knows where everyone is as he receives the ball and can immediately make the right choice.

Last edited:
They're 2 centre backs are hardly speed merchants. Clever, positionally sound though. Kane will be well up for this, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't score or at the least assist a goal. Whether England win is another question, Italy are a very good side. Everything has been in our favour so far and we will need that fortune again to carry us to victory on Sunday night.
Italy looked much better playing at home
There games have hit harder naturally as the tournament has progressed but I don’t think they have actually looked as good as they did in the group

Manchester United lead Chelsea and neighbours Emirates Marketing Project in the race sign England striker Harry Kane, 27, with Tottenham asking for £100m plus two of the Red Devils' first-team players. (Football Insider)

So £100m plus Maguire & Fernandes, seems a good deal to me

Manchester United lead Chelsea and neighbours Emirates Marketing Project in the race sign England striker Harry Kane, 27, with Tottenham asking for £100m plus two of the Red Devils' first-team players. (Football Insider)

So 100m plus Maguire & Fernandes, seems a good deal to me

I can't see him winning trophies there. Ole is never winning the league or CL. The only English clubs that are options for Kane if he wants medals are City and Chelsea. And if he goes to Chelsea he won't be much better than rSol in my eyes. Can't see him going there though and can't see Levy doing business with them.

Last edited:

So £100m plus Maguire & Fernandes, seems a good deal to me

Quite literally the only two players I would want from them.

I like if the rumours are to be believed that Levy wants his fee and nothing less.

Back