• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Probably a lot of fluffed chances where Yorke, Solskjær or Sheringham scored on The rebound
That would be difficult considering he was playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine :D

It was a bit of an in thing to knock Andy Cole back then but he was a very, very good striker. Yes he used to miss a fair few chances but most of the battle is ensuring that you are in the position to score and Cole had a real gift in that sense.

That would be difficult considering he was playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine :D

It was a bit of an in thing to knock Andy Cole back then but he was a very, very good striker. Yes he used to miss a fair few chances but most of the battle is ensuring that you are in the position to score and Cole had a real gift in that sense.

His big flaw was his conversion rate, Hoddle famously called him out on it.

Always thought Saudi Sportswashing Machine were mad to let him go, he was excellent there. People tend to forget the simple fact that in order to score that many goals with such a “low” conversion-rate you must be in the position to -get- the chances. And unless my memory has completly abandoned me, most of Andy Coles misses were proper misses, not just where he was just a tad to late to a cross, etc

moody and streaky, though. The Sadio Mane of the era?

Always thought Saudi Sportswashing Machine were mad to let him go, he was excellent there. People tend to forget the simple fact that in order to score that many goals with such a “low” conversion-rate you must be in the position to -get- the chances. And unless my memory has completly abandoned me, most of Andy Coles misses were proper misses, not just where he was just a tad to late to a cross, etc

moody and streaky, though. The Sadio Mane of the era?
Didn’t have much choice did they?

His big flaw was his conversion rate, Hoddle famously called him out on it.
I would rather have a striker who got himself into 8 scoring positions in a game and scored from 1 in 4 chances than a striker who got himself into 2 scoring positions a game and scored from 1 in 2 chances. The fact that Cole played for Man Utd for many years under the best modern day manager in England shows that he must've been a top class player.

I would rather have a striker who got himself into 8 scoring positions in a game and scored from 1 in 4 chances than a striker who got himself into 2 scoring positions a game and scored from 1 in 2 chances. The fact that Cole played for Man Utd for many years under the best modern day manager in England shows that he must've been a top class player.
He was an affective striker
He had flaws but he scored goals

Last edited:
Back