• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He actually said the issues were with how he was managed and treated
He was injured but played for most of the season before we sold him and was then told we will sell him...
Did he not make spme veiled reference to dressing room issues, all wasn't as rosey as perceived.

Yeah, that last bit might be harsh but true: didn't Messi intervene to stop Barca buying Eriksen because he felt he had a weak meteorology or something?

i am not sure that Eriksen had a week mentality he has shown at Inter the opposite, during his first season there he hardly got a full game very often but he stuck it out and he has just finished the second season as a Lge winner having played more games and established his place in the side.

Hmm, Toby, i'll give you that as clearly their relationship deteriorated and he wasn't starting games anymore after he got over his injury in early 2018. Wasn't that to do with Poch having got Levy top offer him a big payrise only for his agent (his dad?) to say "hang on we're not singing this as we verbally agreed as we've seen what Van Dyck is now getting at Liverpool and we want to equal that".
This for me was kind of a sly intentional shot across our bows by Liverpool and alongside the Jose bids for Dier were ways in which our rivals attempted to chip a little at our hard wall we'd bult (which they were very envious about).
But being fair to Levy he did put Toby up for sale but no-one came in for him....

Rose? Yes, many would have sold him after his 'Google' comments, but i'm not actually sure Poch was in that group before summer 2019 when we bought Sessegnon and Rose nearly joined Watford.

I also think Poch could be accused of being inconsistent in how he treated players who showed bad attitudes: how often did Poch play Eriksen even when he was phoning it in? Ditto Alli?
He bombed out Townsend for arguably less than what Rose did, yet kept Rose (i'm sure if he'd asked Levy to sell Rose to Emirates Marketing Project, Levy would have done it)

If it all comes out that we simply couldn’t find buyers for these players, then I’ll accept we were in a tough spot.

But it seemed with all of them that we didn’t help ourselves by pricing them the way we did. And this comes back to my whole thing with ENIC: on pitch success versus profit on their investment. Even if we accept they aren’t going to put money in, but we still want to compete for the big things, we have to compete on unity and culture. We just have to. There is no other way.

So to get the most on pitch success possible, we have to do what we can to maintain that culture, even if we have to take a hit on these players. No one wanted Toby at 60m? Lower the price. Jose definitely wanted him at United. Same with Rose. Same with Eriksen. I appreciate we may not have got the same money...but Rose and Eriksen ran their contracts down.

And as I said, if we let the culture go, we’ve already lost. The hit on selling Toby for cheaper is nothing compared to lost CL revenue now. And if no one wanted to pay him 200k a week when he looks outside, he knows he’s in the best place for him.

I think if we wanted success, it’s invest, or it’s maintain the culture. Or we bat at par. I don’t think there is another way around it.

i am not sure that Eriksen had a week meteorology he has shown at Inter the opposite, during his first season there he hardly got a full game very often but he stuck it out and he has just finished the second season as a Lge winner having played more games and established his place in the side.
Stuck it out is bit strong. No one was lining up to buy him.

England striker Harry Kane has identified Emirates Marketing Project as his preferred destination as he pushes to leave Tottenham at the end of the season. The 27-year-old also believes he has a verbal agreement with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to let him leave at the end of the season after he was convinced to stay for another year last summer. (Times - subscription required)

However, Manchester United are willing to offer France forward Anthony Martial, 25, plus 28-year-old England striker Jesse Lingard - who is on loan at West Ham - in part-exchange to bring Kane to Old Trafford. (Football Insider)

England striker Harry Kane has identified Emirates Marketing Project as his preferred destination as he pushes to leave Tottenham at the end of the season. The 27-year-old also believes he has a verbal agreement with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to let him leave at the end of the season after he was convinced to stay for another year last summer. (Times - subscription required)

However, Manchester United are willing to offer France forward Anthony Martial, 25, plus 28-year-old England striker Jesse Lingard - who is on loan at West Ham - in part-exchange to bring Kane to Old Trafford. (Football Insider)

Ah the old verbal agreement tactic

It's been a great journey with Kane, but all stories come to an end. If he does indeed desire a move now, better to cash in when he's value is high and use that to build the next team, at least you know Levy will get the best price for him.

It's been a great journey with Kane, but all stories come to an end. If he does indeed desire a move now, better to cash in when he's value is high and use that to build the next team, at least you know Levy will get the best price for him.

Yes. Hopefully by the time we have our next 'Kane' the clubs financial situation will be better and we'll have been able to invest enough to keep them motivated

Back