• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

What we need to remember is he is in among the players he's relying upon to help him win trophies all the time. He watches them on the training ground, in the dressing room and observes their attitude, their level of commitment, their abilities, their men tality, everything. We know from comments made by Poch before he left and the way JM spoke to the media about certain players, plus also from the rubbish performances from some of his teammates that there were problems within the squad.

He also joins up with internationals from other clubs on a regular basis and inevitably hears talk about how well things are run at successful European clubs. He gets a perspective from that, all of which presumably tells him about his chances of winning trophies here as compared with the top clubs.

He has said often enough he would stay only if he felt the club was ambitious enough to match his aspirations. I therefore assume his conclusion was that the club failed that test. It hurts to say it but on that basis I do not blame him for wanting out.

He deserves better, so the best we can hope is that he goes abroad to achieve his ambitions.

I agree with most of that, what I would say though is that it seems that's the message poch was trying to push to Levy with the be brave.
Off load some of these players that look good but aren't up to it/up for it.
Kane must have levys ear, why didn't he back the manager up?

I don't think not signing Skiniar was the main mistake - we have a good enough squad to have been going into the last weekend with a sniff of Top 4 and that imo was down to Jose's spineless tactics. Perhaps not strengthening in Jan 2020 when Kane was injured and it was made clear by Jose that he couldn't function without a number 9 (to hit it long to) was more the key mistake (both in terms of us not pushing on to top 4 then and Kane thinking nothing will ever change now)

Can’t agree mate, Skriniar is a world class defender and we seriously missed the boat on him as there was no competition at the time but we wouldn’t spend the extra 10m or whatever it was.

The alternatives are two heavily flawed players in dier and sanchez and then rodon whilst the best to partner toby imo, is still a kid who isn’t there yet. Partnering skriniar with toby could have been immense but no hope of getting him now as he has unsurprisingly re-established himself as first choice for inter, who were always reluctant sellers in the first place.

Everything seemed to begin to fall apart under jose when wham came back from 3-0. That clearly stunned him that such a thing was possible and I dont see that happening with skriniar in the team.

Personally I think we’d be finishing at worst 3rd this season under jose if we’d have got him.

What we need to remember is he is in among the players he's relying upon to help him win trophies all the time. He watches them on the training ground, in the dressing room and observes their attitude, their level of commitment, their abilities, their men tality, everything. We know from comments made by Poch before he left and the way JM spoke to the media about certain players, plus also from the rubbish performances from some of his teammates that there were problems within the squad.

He also joins up with internationals from other clubs on a regular basis and inevitably hears talk about how well things are run at successful European clubs. He gets a perspective from that, all of which presumably tells him about his chances of winning trophies here as compared with the top clubs.

He has said often enough he would stay only if he felt the club was ambitious enough to match his aspirations. I therefore assume his conclusion was that the club failed that test. It hurts to say it but on that basis I do not blame him for wanting out.

He deserves better, so the best we can hope is that he goes abroad to achieve his ambitions.

These are fair comments about what he's observed.
If there are players phoning it I'm surprised that 4 or 5 of the top pro's didn't round on them and set them straight. They'd be pinned up against the wall in the old days to remind them of their responsibility.
Part of me thinks that was needed and part of me thinks that the whole thing came tumbling down because Mourinho came in and did that exact sort of thing creating fractures in the group.

The whole squad was a tightly-knit unit under Poch. What happened for it to fray so badly? I just can't believe that we went from being a professional, tight group to a rabble in the space of 6 months or even less.

And if all that is true, I agree Kane should go and good luck to him. But it doesn't say much for us as fans if we have to continue to watch a disinterested shower on our home turf!

Jose would have still made an excuse to play 6 at the back and still complained about 'not being backed'...it's what he as a busted flush does now.

As i say, Levy not buying a striker/number 9 in January 2020 was more damaging long-term imo

I think getting a striker in january is harder to get in the window vs getting a quality CB at the start of the season. Well as you say ... you say ... Mourinho could have played 10 defenders with Dier in defence and it would not have made a difference.

A busted flush? Really since when? Since he was at spurs ... previous to that this busted flush won more at United than we have in 20 years.

I think getting a striker in january is harder to get in the window vs getting a quality CB at the start of the season. Well as you say ... you say ... Mourinho could have played 10 defenders with Dier in defence and it would not have made a difference.

A busted flush? Really since when? Since he was at spurs ... previous to that this busted flush won more at United than we have in 20 years.

So have Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers etc.
Jose has shown with us he's on a downward spiral; regardless of what you or I think of Levy and how he operates, the fact Jose is now at Roma in such quick fashion (instead of waiting to see what jobs at the biggest clubs might come up in the summer) is proof of that

Shearer won one medal then turned his back on the biggest and most powerful club in the country who were winning trophies every year to play for his boyhood club.
I admire shearer for that, I hope I would have done the same, but it is hypocritical for him to suggest Harry does different.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine were really striving to try to win things back then.... the opposite of what our owners are doing at Spurs.

Kane will do to city. I have no doubts about it
But it will be in Levy’s terms and that’s the kicker in the whole thing
If anyone thinks levy is going to bend on anything it will not be the transfer of his best player
He’ll get bent over and fcuked in the exact position that Emirates Marketing Project or Man Utd or whoever want to fcuk him in like he always does....

Saudi Sportswashing Machine were really striving to try to win things back then.... the opposite of what our owners are doing at Spurs.

This is very true. It's easy to forget that the Saudi Sportswashing Machine that Shearer joined was a totally different beast to the one we might remember in his latter years of playing...

He’ll get bent over and fcuked in the exact position that Emirates Marketing Project or Man Utd or whoever want to fcuk him in like he always does....

If City/United/Whomever bid 100M+ and we accept, i think that'd be fair and not bending over at all.

What we actually do with that money is another thing entirely, however..

And then he won’t sell
Exactly like he did with Modric
And exactly why happened with Berbatov and Walker
They go on his terms after signing thelong contract for record fees

Especially with Southgate going to run him into the ground during the euros.
And the pressure of dealing with all the gossip and pressure if it's dragged out.

yeah, might be better if he plays lights out in the Euro's and someone makes a massive bid based on that

Back