• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

By my reckoning, in 12 final/semi-final games for club and country he scored just the once in open play - in the FA Cup SF 2-4 defeat to Chelsea in 2016/17.

For such a prolific striker one solitary goal in 12 finals/semi-finals is a freaky stat. Sad really because he certainly had his chances to win silverware with Tottenham.
It’s sad because he really is a difference maker. The guys work class and carries the weight of the fans on his shoulders
The longer it takes the bigger the pressure id argue
But as said, we have had opportunities. Quite a few in his time. But he isn’t unique in not shining in those games

IF he did say that he wanted to leave in private last year, it was never public. We’ve been fortunate that Kane has not allowed transfer talk to disrupt any of or our summers or leveraged rumours to get himself a better contract (although I hope he is doing it this time!)
Post CL did feel like the end of an squad wise, Poch then left and Mourinho had done little to excite when he took over. It’s a short career and as a footballer who obviously loves and understands the game you can see why he could have been disillusioned at that point.

Bale signed a new deal a year before he left I think, Kane hasn’t said he won’t honour his and has seemingly asked if we’d consider offers for him.

Personally I think Kane has been little short of a once in a generation godsend for us, we couldn’t sign a player of his proven ability and even if we could history tells us they would have been off the minute a double your wage offer came from and elite club. He’s delivered the best goal return per game year after year and this season leads the assist charts too. Never stepped out of line or embarrassed himself or the club.

The negative things that are being attributed to him are exactly the type of things we’d rebuff as jealousy from other clubs. It’ll be one season wonder, then that he dives and if nothing left it’ll be the way that he speaks.

I like to think this is a coping mechanism for him leaving.

By my reckoning, in 12 final/semi-final games for club and country he scored just the once in open play - in the FA Cup SF 2-4 defeat to Chelsea in 2016/17.

For such a prolific striker one solitary goal in 12 finals/semi-finals is a freaky stat. Sad really because he certainly had his chances to win silverware with Tottenham.
It's because he has to play every game, and come back from injury too soon. By the time the semis and finals come round he's knackered. He shouldn't of started the last two finals IMO.

And another thing - if Levy knew this situation was brewing why did he wait so long before swinging the axe on Mourinho? Hung on until all hope of top 4 was lost. Absolute shambles while down the road Chelsea make the change early and get the results.

I actually suspect Kane was very pro-Mourinho and his sacking just before the Carabao Cup final made up Harry's mind to want to leave

I actually suspect Kane was very pro-Mourinho and his sacking just before the Carabao Cup final made up Harry's mind to want to leave

Maybe, but the chairman has been indecisive all along. Not going all in to get Mourinho what he wants and bombing out the wasters in the squad.
And not taking the other option of bombing out Mourinho in Jan/Feb when results & morale tanked. He really should've been paying for his own flight from Zagreb (along with most of the squad that night).

Instead he sat on it, didn't consult senior players and then sacked him when basically Levy was the last man standing still supporting him. Madness.

IF he did say that he wanted to leave in private last year, it was never public. We’ve been fortunate that Kane has not allowed transfer talk to disrupt any of or our summers or leveraged rumours to get himself a better contract (although I hope he is doing it this time!)
Post CL did feel like the end of an squad wise, Poch then left and Mourinho had done little to excite when he took over. It’s a short career and as a footballer who obviously loves and understands the game you can see why he could have been disillusioned at that point.

Bale signed a new deal a year before he left I think, Kane hasn’t said he won’t honour his and has seemingly asked if we’d consider offers for him.

Personally I think Kane has been little short of a once in a generation godsend for us, we couldn’t sign a player of his proven ability and even if we could history tells us they would have been off the minute a double your wage offer came from and elite club. He’s delivered the best goal return per game year after year and this season leads the assist charts too. Never stepped out of line or embarrassed himself or the club.

The negative things that are being attributed to him are exactly the type of things we’d rebuff as jealousy from other clubs. It’ll be one season wonder, then that he dives and if nothing left it’ll be the way that he speaks.

I like to think this is a coping mechanism for him leaving.
What are the negative things?
Ultimately the guys world class, homegrown and part don’t be fabric of the club
He has exceeded expectations constantly
But.... if you want to win trophies rather than just be known for being the best individual player you have to do it in the games that win those pots. He has had opportunities but like so many they never took them. It happens
Eriksen made a blunt comment that it easier to win trophies at inter. That’s actually quite odd as during his time here inter didn’t win a thing. And we beat them quite a few times too. But to shows the pressure and mind set here.
the scariest thing now is city will add to the squad that really should have won everything this season if we’re honest

What are the negative things?
Ultimately the guys world class, homegrown and part don’t be fabric of the club
He has exceeded expectations constantly
But.... if you want to win trophies rather than just be known for being the best individual player you have to do it in the games that win those pots. He has had opportunities but like so many they never took them. It happens
Eriksen made a blunt comment that it easier to win trophies at inter. That’s actually quite odd as during his time here inter didn’t win a thing. And we beat them quite a few times too. But to shows the pressure and mind set here.
the scariest thing now is city will add to the squad that really should have won everything this season if we’re honest
I haven’t got time to quote them but this talk of how he has somehow let us down because he hasn’t single handedly dragged us to win a one off game that we we weren’t favourites in. How he shouldn’t consider asking for a move as he is still under contract.

I think Kane has scored as many final goals than Henry?

Shearer didn’t manager to score on either of this two FA cup finals?

Teams win trophies. That’s why there are some bang average players who play for big teams who have won them. Finals are a one off game and Kane has scored plenty of big goals for us, including several pressure penalties so it’s not a case of him choking personally.

Eriksen is a player I’d point the finger at more, he’s much more involved in play and doesn’t strike me as having anything like Kane’s mentality.

Kane will score in a final for City because the chances he will get and his surrounding team mates will be better than the opposition. Doesn’t change his qualities as a player imo, just the circumstances he finds himself in.

You are right about City - the league is in danger of becoming a procession and if they had someone who could score pens, let alone the type of goals Kane gets in open play they will walk it. They’d probably rotate him so he’d be fresher at the business end of the season too.

Last edited:
I haven’t got time to quote them but this talk of how he has somehow let us down because he hasn’t single handedly dragged us to win a one off game that we we weren’t favourites in. How he shouldn’t consider asking for a move as he is still under contract.

I think Kane has scored more final goals than Henry?

Shearer didn’t manager to score on either of this two FA cup finals?

Teams win trophies. That’s why there are some bang average players who play for big teams who have won them. Finals are a one off game and Kane has scored plenty of big goals for us, including several pressure pelanties so it’s not a case of him choking personally.

Eriksen is a player I’d point the finger at more, he’s much more involved in play and doesn’t strike me as having anything like Kane’s meteorology.

Kane will score in a final for City because the chances he will get and his surrounding team mates will be better than the opposition. Doesn’t change his qualities as a player imo, just the circumstances he finds himself in.

You are right about City - the league is in danger of becoming a procession and if they had someone who could score pens, let alone the type of goals Kane gets in open play they will walk it. They’d probably rotate him so he’d be fresher at the business end of the season too.
What final has he scored in?

One thing to note here. He asked to leave last summer? So within 12 months of being in a CL final he decides the club is brick and its time to move on?
I totally understand his pov this season. We've been treading water at best for 2 years. But last year *could* have been simply a bad year, traumatic after the CL final loss/manager change. Plenty of examples of other clubs dropping out of the top 4 for a season and then bouncing back. He didn't even want to entertain that? Wow.

I mean this situation is still down to Levy and incompetence on the football side but I think that's pretty damn impatient from Kane. You shouldn't have signed a 6 year contract in that case mate.
What we need to remember is he is in among the players he's relying upon to help him win trophies all the time. He watches them on the training ground, in the dressing room and observes their attitude, their level of commitment, their abilities, their men tality, everything. We know from comments made by Poch before he left and the way JM spoke to the media about certain players, plus also from the rubbish performances from some of his teammates that there were problems within the squad.

He also joins up with internationals from other clubs on a regular basis and inevitably hears talk about how well things are run at successful European clubs. He gets a perspective from that, all of which presumably tells him about his chances of winning trophies here as compared with the top clubs.

He has said often enough he would stay only if he felt the club was ambitious enough to match his aspirations. I therefore assume his conclusion was that the club failed that test. It hurts to say it but on that basis I do not blame him for wanting out.

He deserves better, so the best we can hope is that he goes abroad to achieve his ambitions.

Yep the failure to push the boat out and sign skriniar looks in hindsight to have been a catastrophic mistake.

I don't think not signing Skiniar was the main mistake - we have a good enough squad to have been going into the last weekend with a sniff of Top 4 and that imo was down to Jose's spineless tactics. Perhaps not strengthening in Jan 2020 when Kane was injured and it was made clear by Jose that he couldn't function without a number 9 (to hit it long to) was more the key mistake (both in terms of us not pushing on to top 4 then and Kane thinking nothing will ever change now)

I don't think not signing Skiniar was the main mistake - we have a good enough squad to have been going into the last weekend with a sniff of Top 4 and that imo was down to Jose's spineless tactics. Perhaps not strengthening in Jan 2020 when Kane was injured and it was made clear by Jose that he couldn't function without a number 9 (to hit it long to) was more the key mistake (both in terms of us not pushing on to top 4 then and Kane thinking nothing will ever change now)

What? Really? Why leave it to ridiculously thin margins like not signing a player that the manager wants ... Getting a quality CB and leaving Dier out of the team is worth 10pts plus at the very minimum.

What? Really? Why leave it to ridiculously thin margins like not signing a player that the manager wants ... Getting a quality CB and leaving Dier out of the team is worth 10pts plus at the very minimum.

Wonder how many goals have come from him not clearing crossed that were on his toenail.

Jose would have still made an excuse to play 6 at the back and still complained about 'not being backed'...it's what he as a busted flush does now.

As i say, Levy not buying a striker/number 9 in January 2020 was more damaging long-term imo

Back