• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Dane Scarlett could be in the same tier as Kane eventually... not saying they're identical types of strikers, but there is a lot of potential there.

We should get Youssouph Badji as a replacement.
I heard the same about Troy Parrot about 18 months ago. Harry Kane is an extremely special footballer. In the 40+ years I have been going to watch Spurs I have seen us produce two World class players - Glenn Hoddle and Harry Kane. Back when we had Glenn we were actually a team likely to win trophies, he left because he wanted to experience something different (a bit like Eriksen). Kane though will be leaving solely to ensure he has a better chance of not finishing his career potless.... and that is a real shame.

The Athletic article shows why it's worth paying for good journalism. Two top reporters splashing a bit of cold water onto the story and putting some proper perspective into place. Kane will play for Spurs next season, I have no doubt, because damn few clubs have the resources to pay Levy what he's worth. Or the patience to negotiate with him.

Do you read much from them?
-They will publish three articles on the same topic in a week, all with "sources" and all with completely different views/conclusions

-They will publish three articles on the same topic in a week, all with "sources" and all with completely different views/conclusions

Most things that are in the paper/sites are filler( they are doing a job), sad thing is that they are many who take what is written as gospel even as you say they change tack all the time. And the Athletic is not different then most others.

Money the recruitment department wasted on strikers since signing Berbatov

2006 Mido - 4.5m (14 PL goals in 48 games)

2007 Bent - 16.5m (18 PL goals in 60 games)

2008 Pavlyuchenko - 14m (20 PL goals in 78 games)

2009 Defoe (2nd time around) - 16m (48 PL goals in 137 games)

2009 Keane(2nd time around) - 15m (11 PL goals in 41 games)

2009 Crouch - 9.5m (12 PL goals in 73 games)

2012 Adebayor - 12m (35 PL goals in 92 games)

2013 Soldado - 26m (7 PL goals in 52 games)

2016 Janssen - 17m (2 PL goals in 31 games)

2017 Llorente - 12m (2 PL goals in 36 games)

£142.5m. Easily £350m in todays money

Here are our Top Striker every season post Berbatov:

2008/09 Bent 12 goals

2009/10 Defoe 18 goals

2010/11 Pav 14 goals

2011/12 Ade 17 goals

2012/13 Defoe 11 goals

Then the Kane era 21, 25, 29, 30, 17, 18, 22 goals a season.

We are fudged again if he goes and Hitchen and Levy are driving transfers.

2013/14 Ade 11 goals

Money the recruitment department wasted on strikers since signing Berbatov

2006 Mido - 4.5m (14 PL goals in 48 games)

2007 Bent - 16.5m (18 PL goals in 60 games)

2008 Pavlyuchenko - 14m (20 PL goals in 78 games)

2009 Defoe (2nd time around) - 16m (48 PL goals in 137 games)

2009 Keane(2nd time around) - 15m (11 PL goals in 41 games)

2009 Crouch - 9.5m (12 PL goals in 73 games)

2012 Adebayor - 12m (35 PL goals in 92 games)

2013 Soldado - 26m (7 PL goals in 52 games)

2016 Janssen - 17m (2 PL goals in 31 games)

2017 Llorente - 12m (2 PL goals in 36 games)

£142.5m. Easily £350m in todays money

Here are our Top Striker every season post Berbatov:

2008/09 Bent 12 goals

2009/10 Defoe 18 goals

2010/11 Pav 14 goals

2011/12 Ade 17 goals

2012/13 Defoe 11 goals

Then the Kane era 21, 25, 29, 30, 17, 18, 22 goals a season.

We are fudged again if he goes and Hitchen and Levy are driving transfers.

2013/14 Ade 11 goals

I don't agree that they were all wastes of money.

Mido was good value, scored some key goals and was a solid performer in a good team.

Bent, didn't we effectively make our money back on the deal? Scored a lot of goals in the Europa league too. I was not a big fan, he was a terrible footballer, but he did have his moments.

Pav, scored some massive goals for us.

Defoe, better than 1 in 3.

Keane, wasn't actually a fee was there, as the dippers still hadn't paid for him fully.

Crouch, no Spur has ever scored a more important league goal.

Ade, again better than 1 in 3.

Soldado, didn't work, bless his cottons.

Janssen, likewise, but he was a punt and that was reflected in the price.

Llorente, massive continental goals, old head around the squad.

If we have the same hit rate with the next 10 I'll be delighted.

My photo work is often published by them, so yeah, I keep close tabs on their coverage of NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, Motorsport and football in general, Spurs in particular.

By a long distance it is the strongest and fairest coverage in all of sport and the only one I pay for.

If I was Harry I'd stay at Tottenham. What's the fudging point in winning a title with say Emirates Marketing Project? Anyone could do it. Stay at Tottenham and you'll get a statue outside the stadium eventually and will forever be loved by the fans.

He'll be loved regardless, obviously, but his rep still won't be as good as some of the greats. Leave when you're good just because your team is struggling? fudging dig in, man. Are you a team player or not?

Sorry, I guess I'm more of a loyal than an ambitious person.

If I was Harry I'd stay at Tottenham. What's the fudging point in winning a title with say Emirates Marketing Project? Anyone could do it. Stay at Tottenham and you'll get a statue outside the stadium eventually and will forever be loved by the fans.

He'll be loved regardless, obviously, but his rep still won't be as good as some of the greats. Leave when you're good just because your team is struggling? fudging dig in, man. Are you a team player or not?

I'd certainly never expect it of anyone else, but that is what I would do to.

Whats the point of winning if you need others to help you do it, I'd want to be the difference, for it to be all about me.

I think that shows the highest level of ambition.

Post of the year right there.

Sadly it seems there isnt people he trusts saying this to him and instead they are saying the usual gonad*s the media spout out, very sad

I'd certainly never expect it of anyone else, but that is what I would do to.

Whats the point of winning if you need others to help you do it, I'd want to be the difference, for it to be all about me.

I think that shows the highest level of ambition.

Totally agree, we have a club full of players not willing to be the one that makes the difference.
Happy to be part of a winning team, not able to make a winning team though.

He has been loyal enough and put the team before his own ambitions ... but its not his fault that the club are worryingly not willing to match his ambition.

We don’t lose out
He has to be replaced if he goes
If he stays it’s a good message for the club and he has cost us £0 in transfers

In theory him staying is good.
But, when he leaves we would then be left with a huge striker shaped hole and no cash to replace him.
Risk either way, but these are the types of problems a big club needs to get used to.

In theory him staying is good.
But, when he leaves we would then be left with a huge striker shaped hole and no cash to replace him.
Risk either way, but these are the types of problems a big club needs to get used to.
If he stayed for the next 2-3 years I think we would likely be in a better financial position by then(it’s not as if we haven’t spent money anyway) and the likes of Scarlett would be much more developed.

Either way I don’t want Kane to leave, the thought of him in another teams shirt makes me want to vomit. But I wish him all the best if he does....

He has been loyal enough and put the team before his own ambitions ... but its not his fault that the club are worryingly not willing to match his ambition.

There's no doubt we want to match his ambition, but money rules, and we don't have an unlimited amount of it, like some teams have.

I'm sure if you're a sportsman it's a big deal for you to win a trophy, be it with whoever you can. I guess I just don't see the merit in it. Ask Yanited fans, none of them have any particular affinity towards Berbatov or Sheringham, for instance, whereas they're both considers one of our all time greats. What are those titles worth to those guys now? I mean, it's largely accepted in football today that you should go to win stuff if you're a good player - but essentially, he's exchanging loyalty for an empty trophy. He'll win it with City, because they can pay for fudging everything. They're in cheat mode.

That's the way it is though. I'm not really bitter about it, I guess I just don't personally see the merit of winning anything with say City - it's just a given, with them spending 100x more than their competitors. But you know, it's his life. I won't blame him if he wants to leave - I guess I just don't really get it, seeing as he's got such a strong Spurs connection, and is supposedly a fan.

There's no doubt we want to match his ambition, but money rules, and we don't have an unlimited amount of it, like some teams have.

I'm sure if you're a sportsman it's a big deal for you to win a trophy, be it with whoever you can. I guess I just don't see the merit in it. Ask Yanited fans, none of them have any particular affinity towards Berbatov or Sheringham, for instance, whereas they're both considers one of our all time greats. What are those titles worth to those guys now? I mean, it's largely accepted in football today that you should go to win stuff if you're a good player - but essentially, he's exchanging loyalty for an empty trophy. He'll win it with City, because they can pay for fudging everything. They're in cheat mode.

That's the way it is though. I'm not really bitter about it, I guess I just don't personally see the merit of winning anything with say City - it's just a given, with them spending 100x more than their competitors.

I 100% agree with you but reality kicks in

I should say though - I'm sure if Harry Kane was left all to himself, he'd stay with us. But there's probably a massive pressure from agents, the media, people in his entourage etc etc for him to move, because they will make money from it. Football is a cynical sport with a lot of cash and people wanting to leech off of one another. If you get that in your ear day in day out for years, I guess it creeps in eventually. It's a point worth making.

Back