• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

This wouldn’t surprise me as he is irreplaceable and the last time we tried it with Bale they saw what happened.

So in terms of the team it is an almighty gamble on an epic scale and levy and enic will know on top of that, that in the eyes of the fans they are finished if he is sold to another english club.

I don’t think that the “eyes of the fans” matter to Levy or to Enic as much as you think they do. Nor do I think that they should. “Finished”, forsooth.

How many times? They own a football entertainment business. Their customers are media businesses. A small, querulous section of their customers’ customers is not something that can “finish” them.

I think it's a gamble either way, if he stays then we ultimately lose out on £100m-£150m.

One thing I would say, all the best teams are able to improve after player turnover. Man United used to be the best at making sure they got money for their players, Liverpool with Coutinho recently etc. We arguably messed this up with Eriksen and Rose in particular.

Ultimately, keeping him and ENIC improving the squad is the best outcome. But if we are going to sell him, then while there's lots of bargains to be had across Europe due to Covid is a benefit.

I don’t think that the “eyes of the fans” matter to Levy or to Enic as much as you think they do. Nor do I think that they should. “Finished”, forsooth.

How many times? They own a football entertainment business. Their customers are media businesses. A small, querulous section of their customers’ customers is not something that can “finish” them.

I see what you mean and its a cynical view that I do in principle share.

But the ESL fallout has been significant and whilst I would normally think the apologies etc is nothing more than pandering, its a big shift to get them to put a fan in a senior role (non exec or something) and by the sounds of things this role could yet be even more relevant by the time its agreed. Further, the clubs image is so important these days and protests saying ‘levy out’ ‘enic out’ does not look good to sponsors or potential ones.

And I reiterate those protests will increase in number and ferocity ten fold if Kane goes to another english club. Whilst a good number like me will see this as the last straw and pack football in for good.

I think it's a gamble either way, if he stays then we ultimately lose out on £100m-£150m.

One thing I would say, all the best teams are able to improve after player turnover. Man United used to be the best at making sure they got money for their players, Liverpool with Coutinho recently etc. We arguably messed this up with Eriksen and Rose in particular.

Ultimately, keeping him and ENIC improving the squad is the best outcome. But if we are going to sell him, then while there's lots of bargains to be had across Europe due to Covid is a benefit.
We don’t lose out
He has to be replaced if he goes
If he stays it’s a good message for the club and he has cost us £0 in transfers

The timing stinks. I wonder whether it’s Kane or City that are behind it. Either way, it’s obviously designed to cause maximum destabilisation in the season’s final week - while Champions League football is technically still to play for! - and demonstrate to the club that there are no lengths they’ll go to to secure the move.

Bye Harry. Thanks for the memories. Now let’s bank the c£120m we’ll probably end up getting offered - lower than he’s worth to us, but lower as he’s agitating for a move - and reinvest WISELY in a buyer’s market.

I don’t think I’ll be able to take a whole season’s nonsense in the media if we force him to stay. In fact, I think it could be very detrimental to us in terms of how it impacts the rest of the squad.

The timing stinks. I wonder whether it’s Kane or City that are behind it. Either way, it’s obviously designed to cause maximum destabilisation in the season’s final week - while Champions League football is technically still to play for! - and demonstrate to the club that there are no lengths they’ll go to to secure the move.

Bye Harry. Thanks for the memories. Now let’s bank the c£120m we’ll probably end up getting offered - lower than he’s worth to us, but lower as he’s agitating for a move - and reinvest WISELY in a buyer’s market.

I don’t think I’ll be able to take a whole season’s nonsense in the media if we force him to stay. In fact, I think it could be very detrimental to us in terms of how it impacts the rest of the squad.

If there is one thing we should have learned being spurs fans is that we wont achieve anything whether he stays or goes. That’s our curse and our fate.

So we dont bend over to Emirates Marketing Project again. He goes to psg out of our respect for what he has done or if he doesnt like that he has to stay and wait 3 years for his contract to run out

The Athletic article shows why it's worth paying for good journalism. Two top reporters splashing a bit of cold water onto the story and putting some proper perspective into place. Kane will play for Spurs next season, I have no doubt, because damn few clubs have the resources to pay Levy what he's worth. Or the patience to negotiate with him.

If there is one thing we should have learned being spurs fans is that we wont achieve anything whether he stays or goes. That’s our curse and our fate.

So we dont bend over to Emirates Marketing Project again. He goes to psg out of our respect for what he has done or if he doesnt like that he has to stay and wait 3 years for his contract to run out
Read the quotes again. Kane has asked to leave. If he is joining any team in England - preference is City. We have more conflict with the others that can afford him than City.

If it is outside England, for me it better not be Juventus.

Lots of fuss about this. If we sell Kane and spend it well, we could arguably be in a stronger position.

Say we sign 2 CFs for £100m combined and a £50m RW. Those are big fees this summer.

We'll no longer be reliant one man
Our season may no longer be susceptible to him getting kicked on the ankle
We might hopefully have broader threat
We can balance our CF options better so that we take off the main CF (say a £60m-£70m signing) and bring on his deputy (£30m-£40m signing) when the main man is off form
We can bring in 3 players who will be at spurs for 10 years if we target the right age range

I'm not saying that I'd want Kane to leave, but get the right manager and use the money sensibly, and this could help the team.

Say we sign 2 CFs for £100m combined and a £50m RW.

giphy.gif

Read the quotes again. Kane has asked to leave. If he is joining any team in England - preference is City. We have more conflict with the others that can afford him than City.

If it is outside England, for me it better not be Juventus.

You need to read The Athletic. Their highly credible reporting says Kane asked to leave after last season and has been chatting up the City players at England training camps. This whole kerfuffle that's suddenly shot up in the birdcage tabloids is merely media mischief heading into the final week. We've always been a soft target for those actions.

Back