• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Surprised Keano isn't on there. But then, I guess he and Berbatov probably scored 20 each.

Pretty much...

2006/07: Berbatov with 23 (12 in the league), Keane with 22 (11 in the league)
2007/08: Berbatov with 23 (15 in the league), Keane with 23 (15 in the league)

Otherwise Keano didn't manage more than 17 goals in any of the seasons when Berbatov weren't around.

Too funny...

Kane plays well as a #10/support striker/attacking midfielder. People jump to conclusions that he has to play in that role and that he isn't a number 9. Plays tremendously in a couple of games as the lone striker, all of a sudden he has to play that role, no ifs or buts etc...

He's a very good player well capable of playing multiple roles.

Kane was awful yesterday, nothing was working for him, but still could've scored. A player you have to leave on though, can score from anywhere. Soldado just ain't going to work, devastated, but we shouldn't give him any chances in the league anymore.

only thing Poch got wrong today was playing him and Soldado the wrong way round

There's a huge man management issue with getting a player who probably regards himself as a goalscorer and who has played as a striker all his career to play as a midfielder.

Kane was awful yesterday, nothing was working for him, but still could've scored. A player you have to leave on though, can score from anywhere. Soldado just ain't going to work, devastated, but we shouldn't give him any chances in the league anymore.

He wasn't awful, didn't have his best game but wasn't awful

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn't awful, didn't have his best game but wasn't awful

Out of interest did you think soldado was better or worse then Kane.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of interest did you think soldado was better or worse then Kane.

Too funny...

Kane plays well as a #10/support striker/attacking midfielder. People jump to conclusions that he has to play in that role and that he isn't a number 9. Plays tremendously in a couple of games as the lone striker, all of a sudden he has to play that role, no ifs or buts etc...

Spot on

Too funny...

Spot on

There is going to be a debate about Kanes best position but lets look at his strengths. He is good in the air, he works tirelessly to close down defenders. can work hard on his own and has the ability to hit them from range. These attributes lend better to him leading the line than working the space in behind. Yes he also has a quite good eye for a pass, but that works well in spotting the runners off him when he is leading the line.

Yesterday I felt that we took a player who is currently in form and playing the best football of his life. Switched his position and lost him that momentum. Just to get Soldado in the side. That disappointed me a lot yesterday. Rose was a left winger but has played better as a full back. Does that mean you should keep trying to forced him forward just because he "used" to played in that position. Should Madrid put Bale back to left back as well.

Simply put Kane is playing his best ever stuff as a lead the line striker. Dont ruin it.

- - - Updated - - -

There is going to be a debate about Kanes best position but lets look at his strengths. He is good in the air, he works tirelessly to close down defenders. can work hard on his own and has the ability to hit them from range. These attributes lend better to him leading the line than working the space in behind. Yes he also has a quite good eye for a pass, but that works well in spotting the runners off him when he is leading the line.

Yesterday I felt that we took a player who is currently in form and playing the best football of his life. Switched his position and lost him that momentum. Just to get Soldado in the side. That disappointed me a lot yesterday. Rose was a left winger but has played better as a full back. Does that mean you should keep trying to forced him forward just because he "used" to played in that position. Should Madrid put Bale back to left back as well.

Simply put Kane is playing his best ever stuff as a lead the line striker. Dont ruin it.

- - - Updated - - -

He actually looks a natural born leader of the line to me, so yeah.

Don't for the life of me understand why we persist with Sold-a-dud-o when he continues to squander chance after chance every ****ing game. Play him in the cups only until he absolutely forces his way back into the starting line up by knocking them in regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Don't for the life of me understand why we persist with Sold-a-dud-o when he continues to squander chance after chance every ****ing game. Play him in the cups only until he absolutely forces his way back into the starting line up by knocking them in regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

and also we changed our formation as well to get him in the side. We need to get some continuity. I know that we cannot rely on Kane, we are overloading him at the moment. So if he needs the rest then put Soldado in instead of him. Not that I want to do that, but we dont want to over use him either. We need a striker to take over for him. It should Be ade. But he is a step down as well.

Exactly the same was said about Kane when he was playing well as a #10 and Poch moved him into the lone striker role.

Kane played as a lone striker against Palace and was no better or worse than yesterday really apart from the ball creeping in against Palace and striking the post yesterday.

He's a versatile and very good player, I really don't think he's a house of cards you can ruin by touching him. Poch is using his versatility to what he thinks is the best for the team, I really don't get the complaining. Young players moving around a bit and playing multiple roles/positions is pretty standard and can even be an aid in player development.

- - - Updated - - -

and also we changed our formation as well to get him in the side. We need to get some continuity. I know that we cannot rely on Kane, we are overloading him at the moment. So if he needs the rest then put Soldado in instead of him. Not that I want to do that, but we dont want to over use him either. We need a striker to take over for him. It should Be ade. But he is a step down as well.

We didn't really change our formation. We continued to play a fairly well defined 4-2-3-1. We don't have to make like for like replacements in the attacking 3 to grow continuity.

With Lamela still injured, Bentaleb gone, Mason injured and Paulinho/Capoue meh at best Poch's choices were essentially Soldado up front with Kane in behind or Townsend wide left and Kane as the lone striker. Soldado has been misfiring, Townsend has been no better than inconsistent and was poor in his last league outing. Giving Soldado the chance seems like a perfectly reasonable decision to me.

Last edited:
Kane is a better footballer than wellbeck.

I wouldnt say that he is as dangerous as daniel sturridge but i dont think there is much between them as overall players. One could argue that either is the better player

what i am trying to say is that i think Kane should be England's starting striker

oh and on a side note....i think southampton's romanian CB should be our next target

- - - Updated - - -

Kane is a better footballer than wellbeck.

I wouldnt say that he is as dangerous as daniel sturridge but i dont think there is much between them as overall players. One could argue that either is the better player

what i am trying to say is that i think Kane should be England's starting striker

oh and on a side note....i think southampton's romanian CB should be our next target

When Kane plays at #9 I think we hold a more natural shape and width. When he drops to #10, Eriksen plays on one of the wings and it negates his game + we get narrower. I prefer him leading the line personally.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="da"><p>Harry Kane earns bumper £35,000-a-week deal which keeps him at Tottenham until 2020 <a href="http://t.co/92qhrKuZT5">http://t.co/92qhrKuZT5</a> <a href="http://t.co/45yaUVywLv">pic.twitter.com/45yaUVywLv</a></p>&mdash; Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/559116539199492098">24. januar 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back