• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I genuinely find his ankle comments are odd
It’s like saying a players knees are weak after he gets taken out knee height
If Kane was getting injured ankles from running on them I’d agree

Not now, keep repeating for the next 5 years or so and eventually you might be

Kane wont be here in 5 years, unlikely to be playing in 5 years anywhere and if we dont sell we will have wasted an asset.

If he was such a great asset we would have won the champions league final, we would have won a bricky f.a. cup and we would have got top 4 last year.

He is a good player but much like our current government when you want him to deliver he just does not. Add to that the is the suspicion with me he cares more for England than Tottenham. I don't care about England, I care about Tottenham.

Injury prone, good player but like stevie me at Liverpool stops others from playing and a big game bottler.
Kane wont be here in 5 years, unlikely to be playing in 5 years anywhere and if we dont sell we will have wasted an asset.

If he was such a great asset we would have won the champions league final, we would have won a bricky f.a. cup and we would have got top 4 last year.

He is a good player but much like our current government when you want him to deliver he just does not. Add to that the is the suspicion with me he cares more for England than Tottenham. I don't care about England, I care about Tottenham.

Your confusing so called big teams with matches of importance. Hell Shaun Goater scored against man u, liverpool and arsenal.

Kane is actually like the rest of the squad, bottles it when it matters. He has had his stint here to prove his worth. If he and the asian Defoe were as amazing as everyone keeps telling me we would have got over the line once in all that time.

But apparently they all desperate to win something, yeah sure they are. People actually lap that stuff up, well if you do I got a bridge to sell you haha.

Spurs till I die and will always support us, but honestly you would do better off ignoring who plays in the shirt itself because they are a fcuking waste of space.

Like Ndombele and would fill the team with another 10 of him fancy but fruitless football for me please.

Are you sure he merits that accolade?

Mystifying why modern players don't show any loyalty and chase the £ when fans view them like this. Which, incidentally, Kane hasn't done to date despite having chances to do so. He's given us the best years of his career.

fudge assets, fudge values, fudge money. In fact, fudge trophies. Some things mean more.

The 'bottling' thing is nonsense. The fact that Harry Kane always steps up and pretty much always scores penalties tells you immediately that he is anything but a 'bottle job'.

In fact look at the last World Cup.... Kane, Trippier and Dier all stepping up, taking and scoring penalties.

The whole bottle jobs thing about Spurs is also nonsense. We lose Cup finals against teams with bigger, deeper, more expensive squads at the end of the season when their bigger, deeper, more expensive squad is less fatigued than ours. That is it really.

The exceptions to that were Portsmouth under Harry (when we managed to miss a bunch of great chances) and Blackburn under Hoddle when one or two of our players conned the manager into picking them when they looked as though they were clearly not fit.

Regarding Harry, I do think that we should look to sell him one day. I'm just not sure when that day is. I don't think it is quite yet but equally I'm not sure it is more than a couple of years away either. What we do not want to do is keep him until his body starts to give up more and more and leave us little money to bring in our next option for the long term.

I can't help but think that the decision will be taken out of our hands anyway. I doubt Harry wants to go a whole career without winning the big trophies and I doubt he sees us moving forward to do that over the next few years while he is at his peak. I shudder at the thought of how many goals he would score for a team like Emirates Marketing Project and it wouldn't surprise me to see him start to angle for a move to them. Once he does start to angle for a move somewhere we have to simply be clever and get the most money we can for the player and then make sure we're entrusting that money to the right person for our rebuild (I think that person is more a Mitchell or Campos type than Mourinho and Mendes).

Last edited:
Mystifying why modern players don't show any loyalty and chase the £ when fans view them like this. Which, incidentally, Kane hasn't done to date despite having chances to do so. He's given us the best years of his career.

fudge assets, fudge values, fudge money. In fact, fudge trophies. Some things mean more.

He does not care about the club, he cares about the national team but not us.

The 'bottling' thing is nonsense. The fact that Harry Kane always steps up and pretty much always scores pelanties tells you immediately that he is anything but a 'bottle job'.

In fact look at the last World Cup.... Kane, Trippier and Dier all stepping up, taking and scoring pelanties.

The whole bottle jobs thing about Spurs is also nonsense. We lose Cup finals against teams with bigger, deeper, more expensive squads at the end of the season when their bigger, deeper, more expensive squad is less fatigued than ours. That is it really.

The exceptions to that were Portsmouth under Harry (when we managed to miss a bunch of great chances) and Blackburn under Hoddle when one or two of our players conned the manager into picking them when they looked as though they were clearly not fit.

Regarding Harry, I do think that we should look to sell him one day. I'm just not sure when that day is. I don't think it is quite yet but equally I'm not sure it is more than a couple of years away either. What we do not want to do is keep him until his body starts to give up more and more and leave us little money to bring in our next option for the long term.

I can't help but think that the decision will be taken out of our hands anyway. I doubt Harry wants to go a whole career without winning the big trophies and I doubt he sees us moving forward to do that over the next few years while he is at his peak. I shudder at the thought of how many goals he would score for a team like Emirates Marketing Project and it wouldn't surprise me to see him start to angle for a move to them. Once he does start to angle for a move somewhere we have to simply be clever and get the most money we can for the player and then make sure we're entrusting that money to the right person for our rebuild (I think that person is more a Mitchell or Campos type than Mourinho and Mendes).

I wouldn’t say it’s nonsense. Forget about the resources, the facts are we had teams that were absolutely capable of winning trophies in the last 12 years. I accept the overall squad needed reinforcements at times but we didn’t turn up in a lot of big games, I won’t wast time going through all of them individually. Arsenal for example have beaten Chelsea twice in FA cup finals in recent years despite having worse players and similar/lesser resources, they also beat city in the semi finals in both those years two IIRC. The squad clearly went stale at the end of Poch’s reign and the transfer windows were woefully mismanaged but that said I still think we underachieved on the pitch by winning nothing. Just to be clear that’s a completely different argument than saying we overachieved in terms of net spend, wages etc which we did. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

He really isn’t injury prone
He is a player that gets injured through tackles.,, that’s very different to a Lamela for example who gets injured sitting on the loo
Give me a player who gets injured getting a wack on the pitch every day of the week

maybe he didn’t used to be but he is now. His ankles are compromised and he’s more likely to pick up those injuries as they are weaker with the accumulation of injuries to them

maybe he didn’t used to be but he is now. His ankles are compromised and he’s more likely to pick up those injuries as they are weaker with the accumulation of injuries to them
He gets battered every game. And once you have had significant injuries to any area of the body they are weaker. But remember, he's pretty much played non-stop (apart from injury breaks) for years, and every game gets the living sh1t kicked out of him.

Back