• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane's stats so far this season are freakish even by his own standards. Eight goals and seven assists in 569 minutes on the pitch (all competitions).

That's a goal or an assist every 38 minutes.

He also currently tops the PL charts for total shots and total shots on target,

Strikers dont score under Mourinho though..

His all round game has really come on this season and i hope we/he can get the trophy"s to make sure he ends his playing days here.

He always could pass, and I do remember the conversation of him being more Sheringham than Shearer early in his career.

I think what has happened is our front three (tactically) now have the freedom not just to swap places left to right, but to go deep as well. And with Son's pace to run beyond, and the intelligence of both players, they are being a complete nightmare for the opposition.

Is Kane the most complete player that we have ever had? Is there anything that he cant do with excellence ... ok set-pieces being the only one that comes to mind.

He always could pass, and I do remember the conversation of him being more Sheringham than Shearer early in his career.

I think what has happened is our front three (tactically) now have the freedom not just to swap places left to right, but to go deep as well. And with Son's pace to run beyond, and the intelligence of both players, they are being a complete nightmare for the opposition.

I said on here about 5 years back that he reminds me of Sheringham, he see a picture of the game and has the ability to make the killer passes. I would not be surprised to see him drop back in that posistion as he get older.

I see Sterling is “injured” and has pulled out of squad.

hope Kane picks up the same injury

I am surprised we haven't withdrawn him. There was a bad tackle on him yesterday that we could have used as the perfect excuse, but probably HK has said he wants to play for England. I think he is eyeing up Rooney's goal tally as well as Shearer's PL record and Greavesie's Club Record

I am surprised we haven't withdrawn him. There was a bad tackle on him yesterday that we could have used as the perfect excuse, but probably HK has said he wants to play for England. I think he is eyeing up Rooney's goal tally as well as Shearer's PL record and Greavesie's Club Record

Think that is spot on.

Don't want to go full on doomsayer but imo this will be the last summer transfer window without the circus coming to town over a Kane move, especially if we don't achieve an awful lot other than something horrendously boring like getting CL football.

Hope the squad realises that and gets their brick together for the long haul. It feels like a bit of a fresh start with the new faces and obviously pretty good vibes considering our start but money will come back on the table next summer from the chequebook clubs. We have to be able to show evidence to Kane why he should stay, to not have this "we'll be back stronger next season" flimflam come the end of the season because that won't fly from his perspective, holds himself to much higher standards much like Jose fortunately enough.

A bit off topic but it's been nice to not have that worry for a couple of windows, where we are concerned with losing our top players to rivals. I guess Eriksen wasn't a fun situation though, a bit like you're Mrs breaking up with you, still living with you but not helping out with the washing up any more and the whole situation dragging out for 2 years...*

I said on here about 5 years back that he reminds me of Sheringham, he see a picture of the game and has the ability to make the killer passes. I would not be surprised to see him drop back in that posistion as he get older.
He's not one or the other, he is both Shearer and Sheringham imo. Easily finishes as well as Shearer and I think is a better passer than Teddy. Teddy was maybe a bit cuter in his play.

Back