• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

"International Class", IMO, is flimflam. The Championship offers better quality football than most internationals.

Which makes perfect sense, at Intl level players only ever play together for a few sessions and matches here and there, how could it possibly better clubs working on building a team daily? Add to which the restriction on players and it becomes obvious that its a level below - not above, IMO.

All that being said, Vardy is a good striker - 23 goals (in 42 apps) last season to Rashfords 13 (in 52), and is perfectly suited to playing in that situation - IE tiring legs and space opening up.

I wouldnt have had an issue with Rashford coming on, but I absolutely didnt with Vardy either.

I’d back Spain, Argentina and Germany to do all right in the Chanpionship and they didn’t get anywhere at the Workd Cup.

Similar is happening with Alli. Unless you watch him/know what you’re talking about, you will assume that he is off-form rather than playing a team role. Same with Hazza indeed. We know of course. My continued disappointment is that the public don’t pay any attention to what they watch. I suppose I should know better!

It a football audience you are talkning about. There are there solely for being entertained while being drunk. Just a common freakshow. They are not intrested in perform a deep analysis of the whole pitch 5 seconds prior the ball has reach a certain spot, unless there is something entertaining going on, like a fight.

(I would also challenge that they have brain to do such analysis););)

Dad just walked past and went 'Is Kane injured?'

Dunno where he heard that. Any rumours going around?

Don't like the way the press are focusing on Harry with this captain fantastic attitude. If it all goes pears they are lining him up for the fall out.
Best England captain for years in terms of leadership, attitude, will to win and the sheer simple fact he isn't a clam

Last edited:
Don't like the way the press are focusing on Harry with this captain fantastic attitude. If it all goes pears they are lining him up for the fall out.
As long as he’s still scoring he’ll be ok, if he goes a few games without then they may sharpen their pencils.

Since the whole team sheet reveal furore the media have come in for a great deal of stick, they didn't really react well to that at the time so it will be interesting to see if it has sunk in yet that the public don't want their negative approach to covering this England side

Since the whole team sheet reveal furore the media have come in for a great deal of stick, they didn't really react well to that at the time so it will be interesting to see if it has sunk in yet that the public don't want their negative approach to covering this England side
They still went for Southgate after the Belgium game - a game they pretty much wanted us to lose in the first place - so, stand by.

And to think so many people believe that a captain should be a midfielder or a defender and never a striker, what tosh. What counts is the personality of the individual himself

He is already making history with this team in several ways, i think it will end well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

It has already ended well, IMO. With low expectations and an inexperienced team with plenty passengers, Southgate has now taken England to their third WC semi final ever. It will take a Germany-Brazil type battering for any sensible person to be disappointed in England's performance this WC.

Of course, with the opposition being Russia/Croatia rather than say Italy/Argentina in the semi, on paper this is a golden opportunity for you to actually reach the final. And once there, anything can happen, so disappointment will be understandable if you lose.

Back