• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Not ready to be starting in the PL yet and definitely not as a lone striker. Did not think he played that well on Thursday either, there were some situations (one where he just fell over) that certain other players would have gotten slaughtered for.

Agreed. I can only imagine how much abuse Adebayor or Soldado would've got if they missed an open goal from 3 yards, like Kane did with that header from Chadli' cross in the 4th minute yesterday :eek:

I think yesterday's game showed how difficult it is for our lone centre forward whichever of the three players we have are selected there.

I think Kane is probably more effective as a number 10 and I would like to see him start in that position playing behind Adebayor (who is the most suited of our three at playing as a lone CF).

I don't think it will particularly matter who plays up front for us until we sort the rest of our midfield out however. We currently have no shape, pace, movement or desire in that midfield (other than from Mason - who is giving us all of those things other than pace). I still maintain that if we get Capoue out of the team and replace him with someone (ANYONE) else then things will improve both in an attacking sense and especially in a defensive sense.

I just don't see how you can play one up and have all the players in one half.

No room or time for attackers (unless really quick), and easier for defenders as the ball is always close - plus attackers are all back to goal waiting to see where the ball might be played.

Overall it's a rubbish system, and poor old Harry is the latest to suffer.

Pritchard and Carroll are playing well too.

I like the look of Pritchard whenever I see him play. I actually think he could have been a useful option to have in the squad at the moment.

Sell Lennon in summer and replace him with Pritchard - more end product and much more lively and pacey than Lennon these days

Dear me, Redmond just annoys me so much. The lad just doesn't think things through, needs to release the ball to someone better place.

Southgate rolled the dice very early. Gone 442 with Ings for Pritchard. Not a good idea imo as the midfield was where we were losing the battle and we have already seen two of our team leave the field from injury

His first was nicely taken.

Would love it if our academy players became the British core of our squad over the coming years, the same way Lennon, Dawson, King, Huddlestone etc did.

Good to see Kane get another couple goals. Think he deserves another start at the weekend and it won't hurt his confidence.

Pritchard and Carroll are playing well too.

I like the look of Pritchard whenever I see him play. I actually think he could have been a useful option to have in the squad at the moment.

Didn't watch it, but yeah Pritchard has impressed me too. Wonder if we could consider recalling him in January...

Pritchard showed flashes in the first half, but the French just had too much power all over the pitch and he struggled much as the rest did. Carroll I think is probably the most likeliest one we would recall, the lad looks the part. He sometimes goes backwards too easily, but he does keep the team moving.

We currently have no shape, pace, movement or desire in that midfield- said Finney.
We've got to hope that the horror show which was Stoke is not repeated any time soon. I thought it was the worst I've seen us play for a decade. Finney could be right, just sort out the DM and the rest will click. I would love to see Carroll in the team, a proper "spurs" type player, skill and precision passes, I hope he develops well this season.

I'd like to see Kane and Ade up front. I think they could work off each other and give us a powerful front line. It might also allow the midfield more time to defend properly as a unit - 4411 or 442

Back