• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He was on the bench today

and even though he's scored a few this season, he should stay on the bench for a while! Should keep today's line up for league games for a whlie to let things bed in and then rotate for the cup and Europa. Has everyone else seen how many games we have coming up?!? 10 games between now and jan 3rd I think

Fantastic first half from the lad! Really outstanding stuff... Faded a bit in the second, but still good and worked himself into the ground like the rest of the team.

Has made himself undroppable at the moment, for his and our best. Absolutely loving it, as I'm sure he is too!

Football is a funny old game, at the beginning of last season I did not imagine for one moment that Kane make his career as an important player in our first team. Then for the past 2-3 months I have been among those saying he has to start for us and now I cannot not imagine him not starting for us in an important match at the moment.

The most important thing about Kane is that he is still just 21 (and does not turn 22 until July) but plays as if he is one of the senior players in the team. Watching him play football he plays with a footballing intelligence that belies his years

A lot of people need to eat humble pie on him. He is starting to look a class act and he is doing nothing exceptional to make me think this is flash in the pan. He looks a very promsing player to me.

Funny thank when TS waxed lyrical about him and his ability to be our number 10 people jumped on TS for being deluded and only able to look at english hard working players..... Anyway he is starting to show what a lot of people at Spurs have been telling us for a few years

Football is a funny old game, at the beginning of last season I did not imagine for one moment that Kane make his career as an important player in our first team. Then for the past 2-3 months I have been among those saying he has to start for us and now I cannot not imagine him not starting for us in an important match at the moment.

The most important thing about Kane is that he is still just 21 (and does not turn 22 until July) but plays as if he is one of the senior players in the team. Watching him play football he plays with a footballing intelligence that belies his years

He's obviously faced some disappointments since first being on our bench aged 16 (iirc). 4-5 years to get regular games and make himself first choice, but it seems to have done him good. Loving his attitude and in addition to the footballing intelligence you mention he seems to be showing new abilities month to month. The way he's taking on players now with confidence and getting past them, we know he can strike a ball really well, we know he can hold the ball up. Some great first touches today and growing really composed.

The only english or academy player that I am not sure will be good enough for us is Townsend who I think might be a squad player at best unless he improves his decision making. But I would be happy for him to continue being a squad player as he is a good option on the left where he crosses more.

I just wonder whether under poch Livermore and Caulker could have got more game time, certainly I do not see Lallana being any better then Livermore.

Back on Kane, well I love him because he does play like Sheringham. Hope he keeps playing like this because England have not had a player like him since Scholes someone intelligent to actually read the game.

Kane would actually be really well suited to international football as well I think a bit like I how I thought Huddlestone would have been.

braineclipse you are dead right about him showing new abilities, even though I have been saying he should start for a while I did not know he had this capability of running with the ball the way he does. He uses his strength well and is much more skillful than I first thought, and he is also an excellent crosser of the ball.

The one thing I picked up sometime ago is that he can shoot from outside the box with both feet which is always an advantage

Am I the only one who irrationally can't warm to Kane as a player? Let me make it clear that he's on a great run of form and I have a lot of affinity for the guy, but for some reason I keep on expecting him to fail, as if his current impact is just down to luck rather than actual quality... I think it's because he somehow looks sort of hunched and clumsy...

... is it just me?!

Anyway long may his form continue - well done lad. Seemed to have an extra bit of pace today!

I've never been convinced Kane was Premiership level, I thought his touch and his pace were not quite good enough. But on today's performance he certainly is. He has improved a lot of aspects of his game over recent seasons, and his confidence is obviously up too, but physically he seems stronger, his touch is good, and although he will never be really quick, he is a very powerful runner. He has a good footballing brain and a great attitude, and it will be interesting to watch him develop as a player. I'm very pleased for him.

Am I the only one who irrationally can't warm to Kane as a player? Let me make it clear that he's on a great run of form and I have a lot of affinity for the guy, but for some reason I keep on expecting him to fail, as if his current impact is just down to luck rather than actual quality... I think it's because he somehow looks sort of hunched and clumsy...

... is it just me?!

Anyway long may his form continue - well done lad. Seemed to have an extra bit of pace today!

I feel bad for it, but I have the same feeling. I can't explain why but I have an uneasy feeling when he is in possession. I think he looks uncomfortable with the ball i don't know. Long may he keep proving me wrong though

braineclipse you are dead right about him showing new abilities, even though I have been saying he should start for a while I did not know he had this capability of running with the ball the way he does. He uses his strength well and is much more skillful than I first thought, and he is also an excellent crosser of the ball.

The one thing I picked up sometime ago is that he can shoot from outside the box with both feet which is always an advantage

Cheers, and agreed.

I know, comparison overdrive and premature jumping to conclusions, but his running with the ball and some of his touches were almost Berbatov-esque (in addition to the obvious, and apt, Sheringham comparison).

Trying not to get ahead of myself. He's obviously young and the set backs will come. But right now he's doing really well and he seems to have his head on straight and wants to improve. If he keeps working hard on and off the pitch he can become a quality player.

... is it just me?!

I though that too. Not really quick -but quicker than he used to be. Or it might just be a more powerful runner than he used to be.

He seems to get more mobile game by game. The f**k did he get this dribbling ability from?!

Amazing what games can do for some players. When I first saw him, I thought "meh, another youth product who will probably end up at a Championship club." Shows what I know, he's been bloody brilliant! :lol:

I also get the impression that, like Teddy Sheringham, he is a player who will get better and better with age, like a fine wine.

Fantastic game from Kane today, even though he didn't score or assist.

He should have won a penalty too.

He seems to get more mobile game by game. The f**k did he get this dribbling ability from?!

Amazing what games can do for some players. When I first saw him, I thought "meh, another youth product who will probably end up at a Championship club." Shows what I know, he's been bloody brilliant! :lol:

This, he starting to run at defenders, and his strength is starting to get better.

Not, the quickest, but if he can use that bit of dribbling and start to bully defenders a little more, he will do well.

Of course, I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten more media attention, can you imagine a Scum 21 player doing exactly what Kane has for season? the media rim job that would be in effect?

Technical assist for the first today?

That was an exceptional bit of play. To hassle back and win the ball with a fair tackle from nearly-behind on the deck is tough to do. TO then come up with the ball and distribute so cleanly and simply shows the intelligence. Excellent goal that one, all three should take a massive bow.

Agree with all the posts above. He definitely looked a bit clunky when he was first on the scene, but now he has blossomed into King Kane of the Lane (TM).

Great footballing brain, knows how to weight a pass, where to play it, what to do... more important than just sheer pace.

Back