• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Despite his 10 goals so far, Kane did miss a sitter in the second half even if it was offside.

[video]http://www.footballtube.com/vines/harry-kane-tottenham--incredible-miss-vs-asteras[/video]

Surely it will be one of the miss of the season, just like Acimovic's miss in 2003 and Soldado's miss against Dnipro last season. It was an embarassing miss which he should try to improve on.

Last edited:
I know, no one ever misses easy chances.

Except almost every striker that is willing to get on the end of something.

A quick you tube check and you'll find Raul missing the sitter - thank GHod we didn't buy any crap like him.

This place is f'ing ridiculous at times.
No out of touch with rationality

Paul Merson on TV today saying that the only reason he isn't starting is because he's not treated as well as Soldado and Ade, due to being a youth product. Reckons if he doesn't start vs Stoke he should ask for a transfer lol

Paul Merson on TV today saying that the only reason he isn't starting is because he's not treated as well as Soldado and Ade, due to being a youth product. Reckons if he doesn't start vs Stoke he should ask for a transfer lol

That's probably why Mason is treated so poorly too... Oh, wait.

Luckily Kane seems to have his head on straight. Signed a long term contract, works his socks off every chance he gets and looks likely to take his chance when he gets it.

That last comment was over the top, but there might be something in what they were saying i.e. the players who cost big wages/transfer fees may be in the manager's mind.

That last comment was over the top, but there might be something in what they were saying i.e. the players who cost big wages/transfer fees may be in the manager's mind.

In a way that would be understandable I suppose. But when Pochettino is starting Mason ahead of Paulinho and Dembele...? That undermines the argument a little bit. My own suspicion is that Pochettino has identified Adebayor as a potential disruptive influence and is trying to man-manage the situation until he can offload him. But that's pure speculation based on absolutely zero evidence. In the end, Kane should really be starting ahead of Adebayor, but the fact that Mason starts ahead of some "big fee" players does suggest that the manager isn't *totally* basing decisions on wages / reputation.

In a way that would be understandable I suppose. But when Pochettino is starting Mason ahead of Paulinho and Dembele...? That undermines the argument a little bit. My own suspicion is that Pochettino has identified Adebayor as a potential disruptive influence and is trying to man-manage the situation until he can offload him. But that's pure speculation based on absolutely zero evidence. In the end, Kane should really be starting ahead of Adebayor, but the fact that Mason starts ahead of some "big fee" players does suggest that the manager isn't *totally* basing decisions on wages / reputation.

I wouldn't say it's the case for all players and positions, but I think when it comes to strikers, one being the 2nd most expensive player at the club and the other being the highest paid player, it may be in his mind, it would not surprise me anyway. Wouldn't really shock if most chairman suggested cough cough that x manager play an expensive striker, Torres for example, that's the only reason I can think of as to why he was given so many chances.

True. On the other hand home grown players might at times get more time. Had it been a £15m youngster that struggled as much as Kane did earlier (read pre-Sherwood) in his Spurs career I think the criticism of him would've been even harsher.

I wouldn't say it's the case for all players and positions, but I think when it comes to strikers, one being the 2nd most expensive player at the club and the other being the highest paid player, it may be in his mind, it would not surprise me anyway. Wouldn't really shock if most chairman suggested cough cough that x manager play an expensive striker, Torres for example, that's the only reason I can think of as to why he was given so many chances.

I do agree that it's somewhat strange that Kane hasn't gotten a start in the PL so far this season. Hope he get his first one tomorrow!

so a full 90 mins and should have scored on a couple of occasions, I really dont rate him, but he's a better bet than soldado who's lost all confidence and an out of form ade

so a full 90 mins and should have scored on a couple of occasions, I really dont rate him, but he's a better bet than soldado who's lost all confidence and an out of form ade

Kane is not a striker.
Just because he's a big lad who can head the ball doesn't mean he's a striker.

Oh boy

zna15l.jpg

He's meant to be a striker, just not the big #9 that we want. Funnily enough though at U21 that is how he's used. Lets all remember though, he is still young.

But he plays best when alongside another striker, and on his own he ended up being wide too many times.

Kane should have been given a PL chance alongside Soldado

Not ready to be starting in the PL yet and definitely not as a lone striker. Did not think he played that well on Thursday either, there were some situations (one where he just fell over) that certain other players would have gotten slaughtered for.

Not ready to be starting in the PL yet and definitely not as a lone striker. Did not think he played that well on Thursday either, there were some situations (one where he just fell over) that certain other players would have gotten slaughtered for.
Of course he is ready to start in the PL, judge not as a lone striker. Not yet. In behind as one of the attackers is fjne

Back