• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sorry mate I don’t follow, I’m sure your point is a valid one though:D

I was lamenting what the narrative should have been, they were a team full of scumbags, some convicted racists, and had a higher net spend than us, yet we were somehow the “establishment club” trying to tinkle on a miracle.

(Same as we were the following year when the opposition was plucky little Chelsea, obviously.)

I can only imagine that they are chipping off about Kane now due to some latent inferiority complex.

That’s the issue, there have been strikers today talking about their similar experiences - but no one has ever actually stooped to appealing to the FA to take the goal off their teammate. Will be interesting to see if Kane has now set a precedent...

“Stooped to appealing”? That’s a bit harsh. Maybe those other players didn’t have the support of their team mate and club to make the appeal. Maybe they didn’t really have the courage of their convictions to challenge the ruling.
Whatever, their lack of action doesn’t make the decision of Spurs to appeal wrong.

“Stooped to appealing”? That’s a bit harsh. Maybe those other players didn’t have the support of their team mate and club to make the appeal. Maybe they didn’t really have the courage of their convictions to challenge the ruling.
Whatever, their lack of action doesn’t make the decision of Spurs to appeal wrong.
Indeed hence why i say will be interesting if has set a precedent...

What evidence are you expecting? Hotspot like the cricket? In cases like this, where you can't see one way or the other, Harry's word should be good enough for anyone.

A camera angle that gives even an inkling that he touched it. Every single angle I’ve seen makes it look like Eriksen’s goal.

Turns out Harry’s word is good enough for the FA. He looks petty and selfish though and I hate saying that because the lad has been outstanding for us based on his phenomenal talent and character. Always comes across as hard working and immensely likeable. The sort of fella who loves the club and does everything for the team.

Sadly this takes some of that gloss away. Still if it’s the worst thing he ever does, he’ll be a lot better than 99.99% of people. As disappointed as I am with him for this, I still have unlimited man-love for him.

A camera angle that gives even an inkling that he touched it. Every single angle I’ve seen makes it look like Eriksen’s goal.

Turns out Harry’s word is good enough for the FA. He looks petty and selfish though and I hate saying that because the lad has been outstanding for us based on his phenomenal talent and character. Always comes across as hard working and immensely likeable. The sort of fella who loves the club and does everything for the team.

Sadly this takes some of that gloss away. Still if it’s the worst thing he ever does, he’ll be a lot better than 99.99% of people. As disappointed as I am with him for this, I still have unlimited man-love for him.

A huge deal has been made out of this

Let’s use the VAR rules instead

They ref gave it to Kane. Was there a clear error? No so it’s Kane’s goal

Do you know for sure that the FA found the video to be inconclusive and took Harry's word?

My point would be you shouldn't have to do all this appeal gonad*s, in fairly rare situations like this can they not just ask him afterwards if he touched it, he says yes, so they credit it to him. No fuss at all.

Are footballers considered so dishonest by their league/FA (whichever it was) that they don't trust them not to nick a goal off a teammate?

That’s the issue, there have been strikers today talking about their similar experiences - but no one has ever actually stooped to appealing to the FA to take the goal off their teammate. Will be interesting to see if Kane has now set a precedent...

When you say ‘taking a goal off of his team mate’ do you honestly think Eriksen gives the slightest brick?

Do you know for sure that the FA found the video to be inconclusive and took Harry's word?

The Premier League statement said they took Harry’s testimony into account in awarding him the goal. They mentioned the match footage too but there is no angle that’s been shown that even suggests Harry got a touch.

I've definitely seen 2 occasions where the goal scorer has changed post match. One was a similar free kick that drifted inside the far with a striker attempting to head it. The second was a shot that went through a players legs. TV replays couldn't catch a touch but it looked close. I remember finding out afterwards (like a week) later that the goal scorer had changed.

And no, i don't know if it changed because of an appeal and no for the life of me i can't remember the players involved, which kind of makes my whole post worthless really.

There may have been an appeal but without the publicity and the fanfare

When you say ‘taking a goal off of his team mate’ do you honestly think Eriksen gives the slightest brick?

If Harry gives this much of a brick to take unprecedented action to get awarded the goal, what makes you think Eriksen wouldn’t give the slightest brick?

There will also be a goal bonus for this. If you’re Eriksen and that gets taken off you by a team mate who appealed the original decision, do you not think he might be slightly tinkled?

All speculation of course but the chances of Eriksen being tinkled are at least as likely as him not being bothered.

I imagine Eriksens's assist for that goal would be worth more to him as that's more of a key measure for an attacking creative midfielder.

Hey he's probably thinking we both come out with something. You get the goal Hazza, i get the assist. Otherwise it would be me getting the goal and you getting nowt, but i know how much goals mean to you

If Harry gives this much of a brick to take unprecedented action to get awarded the goal, what makes you think Eriksen wouldn’t give the slightest brick?

There will also be a goal bonus for this. If you’re Eriksen and that gets taken off you by a team mate who appealed the original decision, do you not think he might be slightly tinkled?

All speculation of course but the chances of Eriksen being tinkled are at least as likely as him not being bothered.
Let's have a whip around and send the extra cash to Eriksen so he feels better about it. And I doubt that our squad mentality (is it a winning mentality??) will be impacted by this.

Not really. Nobody really has much of an issue with him claiming it. That's what most strikers will do.

The petty and grubby part of this is that the club, presumably at Harry's behest, actually appealed the award of the goal to Eriksen. As far as I know Sturridge didn't do that and I can't recall any other striker ever doing it.

Other fans are right to mock Harry. We'd do the same to another striker. I just hope the club pays Eriksen the goal bonus for it because I still haven't seen an ounce of evidence that Harry got a touch on it.

Do you genuinely think they didn’t discuss it before lodging the appeal? Other fans are macarons to mock it, as for the dippers players, pathetic!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Fake news! Leon Osman was in 5 Live yesterday talking about having (unsuccessfully) appealed for a goal decision via the review system twice!!!! It is such a nothing story, but here we are, social media will vomit forth “controversy” and before you know it, history gets rewritten and context be damned!

And if you don’t think they haven’t either discussed that or Hazza’s taking The Eriksen’s for a royal dinner sometime, then you aren’t paying attention to our squad spirit IMO...

Fake news! Leon Osman was in 5 Live yesterday talking about having (unsuccessfully) appealed for a goal decision via the review system twice!!!! It is such a nothing story, but here we are, social media will vomit forth “controversy” and before you know it, history gets rewritten and context be damned!

For some this is 'the beginning of the end' of the Poch era. The moment it all went toxic and our best players decided to leave the club and return us to serious relegation fears.

For some this is 'the beginning of the end' of the Poch era. The moment it all went toxic and our best players decided to leave the club and return us to serious relegation fears.

It is unbelievable! I have to assume those with the whinging mentality never suffered the likes of Terry Neil, Ian McNabb, John Lacy, Paul Price, GGG, Andy Gray (not THAT one even), Dozey, I mean, it has been a pretty long fudging list! And here we are, with this superb set-up, and people want to moan!!!

I think this has all blown out of control from the start because of Harry's tweets to Gary Lineker ahead of MOTD. That's when his campaign to get the goal credited to him began. And then the whole "swear on my daughter's life"

He had every right to claim the goal if he got a touch but he should have done it with the club in private with the PL. Now it's just a social media sh!tstorm which does no-one any good.

The news outlets and fans of other clubs have been looking for this for ages. Some supposed "dirt" on Harry kane! Something to slate him for! He's a bad guy deep down, selfish! Build them up to tear them down type of story. What a surprise.

... And it's about a fudging goal he claimed! Haha. That's the best they got. It's so ridiculous it's laughable. :D

Back