• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I was fuming at Lamela for not just throwing his body on the ball, but easy to say watching it on TV. Didn't really have time to properly react.

You would always back an attacker there though as he was the nearest player but you have to be brave and gamble

Lamela actually went at it to block it like a defensive move

In fairness to Lamela, he is clearly not sure where it will rebound and is awaiting a Buffon save/ the ball hitting the post and bouncing out rather than across the line. I didn't realise this is what people were blaming Lamela for, I think thats incredibly harsh.

Couldn’t agree more. They were having a pop on Irish tv last night too but the ball is inches away from hitting the post in a place where it would have rebounded to him. Also, if Buffon gets something on it, it’s more likely to land where Lamela was than where the ball ended up. 100% not his fault.

Wtf is this, lamela wasnt close enough to ball to get it.
Where is all this criticism for a player that was on for 15 mins playing against a team with one of the best defences in Europe with 11 men behind the ball.
What about son, who to me looked like andros last night, running into trouble and refusing to pass. He had a fresh air shot in front of goal, totally missed another and if it hadnt hit his standing leg it would have been another fresh air.
Why no praise Dele, why I thought was back to his best.
Our two full backs were very good as was sanches, a real pity about the second goal.
Also thought dier did really well.
Not great from eriksen or dembelle imv.

We didn't lose because of lamela, just like we wouldn't have won just because of him, we didn't finish our chances and got complacent thinking we'd already won.

We really were the better team and deserved to go through.

Where is all this criticism for a player that was on for 15 mins playing against a team with one of the best defences in Europe with 11 men behind the ball.
What about son, who to me looked like andros last night, running into trouble and refusing to pass. He had a fresh air shot in front of goal, totally missed another and if it hadnt hit his standing leg it would have been another fresh air.
Our two full backs were very good as was sanches, a real pity about the second goal.

We didn't lose because of lamela, just like we wouldn't have won just because of him, we didn't finish our chances and got complacent thinking we'd already won.

I thought Dembele was pretty good, and that Son played well in the first half, he was a passenger for most of the second though.

In fairness to Lamela, he is clearly not sure where it will rebound and is awaiting a Buffon save/ the ball hitting the post and bouncing out rather than across the line. I didn't realise this is what people were blaming Lamela for, I think thats incredibly harsh.

I think that's what marks winners from losers. I'm not saying Lamela is a loser but just it's that fine line again. It's like how Chellini defends with all his life.....you have to anticipate, do whatever it takes to block a shot or in thus case bundle the ball over the line

Think, the Juve defender managed to react quickly enough to the rebound to get to the ball and hook it away. What Erik was attempting was just weird

I think that's what marks winners from losers. I'm not saying Lamela is a loser but just it's that fine line again. It's like how Chellini defends with all his life.....you have to anticipate, do whatever it takes to block a shot or in thus case bundle the ball over the line

Think, the Juve defender managed to react quickly enough to the rebound to get to the ball and hook it away. What Erik was attempting was just weird

I think that’s harsh on Lamela. Chiellini was immense last night but in the first half, Harry bullied him off the ball and should have scored when he rounded Buffon. Didn’t he also go to ground and could have given a pen away by handling the ball.

Lamela gambled, arguably playing the percentages of where the ball was most likely to land, and lost.

I think that’s harsh on Lamela. Chiellini was immense last night but in the first half, Harry bullied him off the ball and should have scored when he rounded Buffon. Didn’t he also go to ground and could have given a pen away by handling the ball.

Lamela gambled, arguably playing the percentages of where the ball was most likely to land, and lost.

Lamela stopped actually and watched it as he thought it had gone in

The frustrating thing is he was furthest forward but got beat to it .... by a player who should have been sent off

And son did fade in the second half but he had been kicked to bits along with Alli by that point

Both had very good games to me

Son was brilliant last night. He missed chances but he doesn't hide and always puts himself in positions to score and causes havoc when he runs at defences.

Besides from when he scored you mean? :) He was close to scoring a second goal which in all fairness, the one he missed with his left foot you would expect him to score but it wasn't a glaring miss.

The goal was a fluke, he fudged it up and got lucky.
Can you imagine if that was sissoko.
I'm not criticizing son, he does a more right than he does wrong, but he's part of a team in a team game that lost he is as culpable as anyone, including lamela.

The goal was a fluke, he fudged it up and got lucky.
Can you imagine if that was sissoko.
I'm not criticizing son, he does a more right than he does wrong, but he's part of a team in a team game that lost he is as culpable as anyone, including lamela.

No such thing as flukey goal. Don't matter how they go in.

Agree with the rest.

It was exceedingly easy for me to suggest a different action for Lamela. Had he followed the ball as it did travel not how anticipated and it had bounced out to where he was I'd be upset he didn't anticipate THAT outcome.

Its only a flukey goal if you did not mean for it to be a goal. It was a mishit shot, so still meant.

I think Llorente is more at fault here. Lamela was probably expecting the ball to be saved by the goalie and get deflected to him. Instead, the ball hit the post and went backwards towards the goal line. This is where Llorente should have been to tap the ball in. Despite all his failures, we still brought him on in a crucial CL match to find the much needed goal but he was just ball-watching in this occasion. Just imagine, if Llorente had put some effort to be near the goal and managed to score the equalizer, all the media would be praising him by now.

Back