• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I look at lamella and see how little he offered other than making the team look incredibly disjointed and allowing them to get into out half with ease

His performance today makes me believe in corruption in sport it was that bad!!!

We have go sign at least two strikers if we genuinely want to compete and one very good one if we want to stand still

I tell you this...my mate and I have defended Lamela for a long time, however today was a day when my patience might've gone. It was a woefully inept performance, and critically, he did not hustle like he usually does. It got me thinking further about Baldini. I was among those who genuinely felt he would bring some great players to us, and I admit that largely, he has not. I do not blame Levy one bit; he brought the guy in because he wanted the DoF system, and thus he did the right thing supporting it. However, what an incredible series of purchases he has turned out to make, when compared to either what was needed or the squad we had. Soldado, fine striker but not for our system. Pamela, perhaps a wonderful talent but maybe not Premiership style?

Anyway, in an effort to get this thread back on track, I thought Kane played two of there sublime passes we will see all season. The first to Chadli was just wonderful, wonderful, Hoddlesque!

I tell you this...my mate and I have defended Lamela for a long time, however today was a day when my patience might've gone. It was a woefully inept performance, and critically, he did not hustle like he usually does. It got me thinking further about Baldini. I was among those who genuinely felt he would bring some great players to us, and I admit that largely, he has not. I do not blame Levy one bit; he brought the guy in because he wanted the DoF system, and thus he did the right thing supporting it. However, what an incredible series of purchases he has turned out to make, when compared to either what was needed or the squad we had. Soldado, fine striker but not for our system. Pamela, perhaps a wonderful talent but maybe not Premiership style?

Anyway, in an effort to get this thread back on track, I thought Kane played two of the most sublime passes we will see all season. The first to Chadli was just wonderful, wonderful, Hoddlesque!

Kane was excellent before he went off

All good attacks came through him and his passes

The guy has it and just needs a goal to get going

Lamella was a player I wanted when I saw him at Roma

He now feels like a poisoned chalice to me

Walker was constantly berating him for not doing a job and when they scored the 2nd he was in complete dispair looking for lamella who was on the other side (Looled like a swap with erisken)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kane was excellent before he went off

All good attacks came through him and his passes

The guy has it and just needs a goal to get going

Lamella was a player I wanted when I saw him at Roma

He now feels like a poisoned chalice to me

Walker was constantly berating him for not doing a job and when they scored the 2nd he was in complete dispair looking for lamella who was on the other side (Looled like a swap with erisken)

I mean, I DON'T 'like' what you said but you are bang-on point! BTW, excuse the 'mod edit' it was to my own initial comment where some stupid spell-checker had butchered what I wanted to clearly say! ;-)

Kane did well to last the hour. As posted in the OMT, I saw him get a whack around the 20min mark and kept my eye on him for a while. Seemed to be shaking it off, but a couple of Stokies got him again later in the first half.
Denied what could have been the nail in the coffin, by a top-drawer from Butland, that was the turning point of the match for me. Have always said we should have signed Butland before Stoke did, could have been our no.1 for years and years. Still could be, because if Lloris leaves next May, we should be on the phone trying to secure his signature for next season

Kane did well to last the hour. As posted in the OMT, I saw him get a whack around the 20min mark and kept my eye on him for a while. Seemed to be shaking it off, but a couple of Stokies got him again later in the first half.
Denied what could have been the nail in the coffin, by a top-drawer from Butland, that was the turning point of the match for me. Have always said we should have signed Butland before Stoke did, could have been our no.1 for years and years. Still could be, because if Lloris leaves next May, we should be on the phone trying to secure his signature for next season

Butland is a very good keeper but needs game time. We would have wasted him IMO

What a great pass by Kane to Davies in the build-up to the second goal! Sublime!

This seems to now happen regularly to our players now. When will WE stand up and give a whack back?? Reminds me of Modric standing by whilst Scotty Parker took a whack in the face from the clam Balotelli! :mad:

Anyway, in an effort to get this thread back on track, I thought Kane played two of there sublime passes we will see all season. The first to Chadli was just wonderful, wonderful, Hoddlesque!

genuine class moments from Kane

I thought Kane played two of there sublime passes we will see all season. The first to Chadli was just wonderful, wonderful, Hoddlesque!

I remember his pass to Mason when Mason took it on his hip and poked it goalward, great pass. And the through ball to Davies was good too.

PS - did you mean to call Lamela Pamela? Great nickname whether you did or not!

I remember his pass to Mason when Mason took it on his hip and poked it goalward, great pass. And the through ball to Davies was good too.

PS - did you mean to call Lamela Pamela? Great nickname whether you did or not!

:oops::)
I actually didn't mate, must've been my fat-fudge fingers again...it pains me to agree TBH...I desperately want it to happen for him, and there is a footballer in there, it's just like Bobby, I fear that footballer is not for your club! I thought yesterday was by far his worst appearance for us TBH...but I live in hope, and if the manager plays him, I will back him.

why is it that Kane is tired according to Poch because he played in the under 21s tournament until the 24th June, but Alexis Sanchez and Sergio Aguero looked really up to speed and sharp at the weekend and they both played in the Copa America final on July 5th

More than anything id say Kane is being starved of good service and support in attacks imo

Lack of signings? We've signed 4 first-team squad players. Also, Harry Kane just gave an interview where he spoke about the togetherness of the squad. Has your mate been speaking to Aaron Lennon? Sounds like it :)

why is it that Kane is tired according to Poch because he played in the under 21s tournament until the 24th June, but Alexis Sanchez and Sergio Aguero looked really up to speed and sharp at the weekend and they both played in the Copa America final on July 5th

More than anything id say Kane is being starved of good service and support in attacks imo

I agree with the second part (being starved of service), but Kane is younger and still developing physically compared to Aguero and Sanchez who are more developed. Add to that the fact that Kane played in the post season tour of Australia, then the Under 21 tournament then two pre season games only a couple of days before the season started and it's not hard to believe why he may be in need of a rest.

Really I do think Poch should have stuck to what he said he was going to do and give him a prolonged rest. In the short term we would have really, really missed him but in the long term and for the rest of the season it would have been for the greater good. Can't risk burn out because then we are in trouble.

Hopefully we get in Berahino to go with N'jie to take away some of the burden.

I agree with the second part (being starved of service), but Kane is younger and still developing physically compared to Aguero and Sanchez who are more developed. Add to that the fact that Kane played in the post season tour of Australia, then the Under 21 tournament then two pre season games only a couple of days before the season started and it's not hard to believe why he may be in need of a rest.

Really I do think Poch should have stuck to what he said he was going to do and give him a prolonged rest. In the short term we would have really, really missed him but in the long term and for the rest of the season it would have been for the greater good. Can't risk burn out because then we are in trouble.

Hopefully we get in Berahino to go with N'jie to take away some of the burden.

yeah but when he said it i dont think he expected us to start the season, and to go into the 3rd week of the season, with no strikers apart from Kane;)

Don't know the best thread, but why is this place ground to a halt? Everything takes an age to load, can't post more than once every 5 minutes?!?!

Waiting for the end of sale bargain at Curry's before buying one.

Possibly, i heard the sale ends on Sept 1st and there will be some big last minute reductions. Just hoping there are some left by then!! As well as the server, we could do with a new fax machine, you know just in case. They tend to break down at the worst time possible;)

Back