• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'm not sure we do. The less time we have to identify, secure and integrate targets the higher the benefit of keeping Kane comes.

It's an interesting one as in the past we've lost stars who openly agitate for a move, this doesn't feel like one of those.

I really hope Levy has learned his lesson that there is an opportunity cost to not bringing in players/ selling them as the window closes. For all the years I think we've kept players rather than accept an offer below their 'book value', Kane has a value of 0 as was never purchased.

Let's have a proper go this season, Kane will feel like a new signing and if we do well either he signs or we become a more attractive proposition for a replacement, to dare is to after all...

Will be interesting to see how the week pans out seeing as that seems to be Kanes deadline. The general consensus was we were skint and no more were coming in unless Kane was sold. Bodies are coming in now so if we are skint like was being said he is off...

Will be interesting to see how the week pans out seeing as that seems to be Kanes deadline. The general consensus was we were skint and no more were coming in unless Kane was sold. Bodies are coming in now so if we are skint like was being said he is off...
Yeah I just said to mate that the recent two announcements are making me nervous, keep Kane and considering we've only offloaded Winks it's been a really positive window. If we end up off setting a portion of his fee to the signings already made and we go into Brentford under cooked in terms of the number 9 (Richie hasnt started a game and only played 2 x 45 mins before we even think about integrating a new signing from a very limited pool) its going to feel like we've been short changed.

Yeah I just said to mate that the recent two announcements are making me nervous, keep Kane and considering we've only offloaded Winks it's been a really positive window. If we end up off setting a portion of his fee to the signings already made and we go into Brentford under cooked in terms of the number 9 (Richie hasnt started a game and only played 2 x 45 mins before we even think about integrating a new signing from a very limited pool) its going to feel like we've been short changed.

I personally don't subscribe to the skint idea and think other factors were at play for the delay, I fully expect others to go too. That said Kane could still go, but I don't think it will be to balance books

I just cant see us selling now 5 days before Brentford. Friday midnight should have been the deadline. If they had stumped what was required then fair enough, but they low-balled, like City, that should be it. Any higher bids should now be irrelevant.

I will disappointed if we take this alleged latest £95m bid at this stage of the week, especially if Richarlison is not fully fit.

It depends if we've lined up fees for the multitude of other surplus players we have.

Including PEH that could all add up to Kanes fee.

Plus I think we c.ould of afforded VDV anyway. The terms were all agreed but we were waiting to see if money was coming in to press the button on our no.1 target. Tapsoba.

Last edited:
We spent £80-100m net the last 2 summers too. Its the stadium dividend at last

Jordan on talkbrick today said he felt talking to Levy that the figure would need to be closer to £120m, now that would be hilarious if true and Bayern get a £100m bid thrown back at them

It depends if we've lined up fees for the multitude of other surplus players we have.

Including PEH that could all add up to Kanes fee.

Plus I think we should have afforded VDV anyway. The terms were all agreed but we were waiting to see if money was coming in to press the button on our no.1 target. Tapsoba.

Probably as much as case of good financial management than being skint though. Too many bodies on the books and need to get them on the wages. We know alot better about how much revenue the clubs making with all its different ventures, probably alot more scope to speculate no future income and dip in a little deeper.

How do they get to £94.6M ?!

It’s a fudging flimflam accountants number.

Tin pot fudging bastards.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back