• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I know some don't like Xg but Kanes total for the 5 WC games he played was just 3.07 which includes the 2 pens.

That is very low for a main striker, though truth be told he is that only in name for England. He is more of a number 10 and creates far more for others than they do for him. Something his media detractors will constantly overlook. It was this way in the Summer too during that run of poor results, he barely got a sniff unless it was a penalty.

He seems to not mind that role but it must be frustrating for him.
I think it’s the most effective way for the England team and the other players
Kane drops deep and the position panic like France did yesterday… they didn’t know who to pick up
He will far more concerned that he didn’t get the second goal than his Xg

The other thing I think we'll appreciate in the next decade is Kane is probably the first CF player to truly combine the 9 & 10 role. And for all we know it may remain an outlier. Alternatively it may be the start of something other players aspire to. Players, like Kane, who master it should easily be the most valuable players (£)

The other thing I think we'll appreciate in the next decade is Kane is probably the first CF player to truly combine the 9 & 10 role. And for all we know it may remain an outlier. Alternatively it may be the start of something other players aspire to. Players, like Kane, who master it should easily be the most valuable players (£)

The Zlatan too.

no mention in the headlines of the two soft goals that actually beat us, typical anti Spurs bias in the press
Soft? In what way? One was a screamer and the other was a very good cross combined with excellent movement in the box from Giroud. Nothing soft about any of the goals. Of course both could be avoided, but so can absolutely every goal ever scored. Doesn't mean it's soft though.

Was just thinking that. He changed depending who is partner was - 10 with Cascarino, 9 with Clough, 9 with Durie, 9 with Barmby, 10 with Klinsmann, 10 with Armstrong, 10 with Shearer.

Yep, he also suffered with knee/injurys which slowed him down so dropped deeper, Kane has done the same because of his ankle problems.

Soft? In what way? One was a screamer and the other was a very good cross combined with excellent movement in the box from Giroud. Nothing soft about any of the goals. Of course both could be avoided, but so can absolutely every goal ever scored. Doesn't mean it's soft though.

that shot was from miles out, Pickford didn’t read it well enough, soft

Giroud is in his 60’s, shouldn’t be beating anyone to anything, Maguire switched off, soft

yeah, I think you are right there, most goals are soft when you analyse the defending

that shot was from miles out, Pickford didn’t read it well enough, soft

Giroud is in his 60’s, shouldn’t be beating anyone to anything, Maguire switched off, soft

yeah, I think you are right there, most goals are soft when you analyse the defending
I'm 100% sure you would not even think about calling Giroud's goal soft, if it was scored by Kane at the other end! It would be hailed as excellent centre forward play, which it was.

I think you need to look at the stats more and see how many others miss as well as score and the quality of the chances
I think then and now stats will show a very different kane. Not surprising, father time gets to everyone.
Where does kane fit in a proper Conte team when he returns from the world cup ?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

One of the first to be truly exceptional at both at the same time at least. People mention Sheringham, and yeah, he could do both. Kane does both at the same time, both at an exceptional level.

Messi did both at his peak though, and at an even higher level.

I think it will remain rare. Players will aspire to do it, but it takes a wide range of different qualities all at a very high level and that will always be rare I think.

Why would his fit in the team be any different after the World Cup to what it was before?

It has been like 3 weeks he's been away. Probably incapable of playing up front by now. Pity as he was doing so well before the world cup, highest rate of scoring in a season so far in his career.

One of the first to be truly exceptional at both at the same time at least. People mention Sheringham, and yeah, he could do both. Kane does both at the same time, both at an exceptional level.

Messi did both at his peak though, and at an even higher level.

I think it will remain rare. Players will aspire to do it, but it takes a wide range of different qualities all at a very high level and that will always be rare I think.
What has always set Messi apart is his decision making. Yes he scores a bucket load of goals but he's quite prepared to play a pass if it ups the percentage chance of scoring.
What I will add about Kane is it's almost surprising he's developed his game in this way, he appeared so focused on goals and perfecting his various finishes that to now happily (and yes, I do think he gets a lot of satisfaction from it) lay on gems for others, can only indicate his thirst for improving and constant development.

Back