• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don't think it will make much difference, fans of other clubs hate him and us anyway.

Rather than fighting fire with fire I think the time is right for all Spurs fans to don shirts with Kane printed on the back and offer hugs to all the gammons who will have taken it personally that Kane blazed the pen over the bar - Love is the answer.

As someone who often gets brick for wearing Spurs attire from randomers, including on an anti semitic level despite me not being Jewish, I predict that we (we being Spurs fans) are going to take some of the hatred from the clams that can't handle the Inglish national team standing against racism, homophobia and all other types of discrimination.

Harry has broad shoulders, playing for spurs and England you need them, he's never been fully accepted by England fans (bizarre as that seems) and it won't take him long to shrug this off.
He won't hide, he will put himself front and centre and try even harder, thats just the man he is.

Harry has broad shoulders, playing for spurs and England you need them, he's never been fully accepted by England fans (bizarre as that seems) and it won't take him long to shrug this off.
He won't hide, he will put himself front and centre and try even harder, thats just the man he is.
He is hated because he is the one striker England have had who hasn’t played for many clubs and had been elite with just one… a rival of the others
Shearer played for brick teams in reality
Rooney wasn’t popular with some fans but the alternative was none existing
Owen…. Same
Can’t comment on the 80s TBH
Lineker was popular but that was before anti social media

That for me is his biggest quality. I stand by my statement that he is not a truly top class finisher, but his strength is that when he does miss a chance he does not let that affect him and he is there to put the next one away. The single outfield goal he scored at the World Cup, he had ballooned a sitter over the bar five minutes earlier but he was stilling willing and ready to go again and didn’t let that miss affect him. Missing that penalty is not going to define him, the guy has ice in his veins…..

He is hated because he is the one striker England have had who hasn’t played for many clubs and had been elite with just one… a rival of the others
Shearer played for brick teams in reality
Rooney wasn’t popular with some fans but the alternative was none existing
Owen…. Same
Can’t comment on the 80s TBH
Lineker was popular but that was before anti social media

He’s hated because he plays for Spurs.

He’s hated because he plays for Spurs.

Serious question, what is it about spurs players and England?
Hoddle basically mocked when limited players like robson and Wilkinson revered.
Waddle and john barnes, who as i recall did nothing for England except score against Brazil in a friendly.
And now kane who is about to hold just about every meaningful goal scoring record there is in English football is compared to sterling.
Are spurs really that hated?

Waddle and john barnes, who as i recall did nothing for England except score against Brazil in a friendly.
And now kane who is about to hold just about every meaningful goal scoring record there is in English football is compared to sterling.

Do you even to have to ask.

Think back to 2016, Poch’s beautiful Spurs or a team of violent racists playing hoofball, who did the country want to win.

We view things thru the Spurs lense....
I know loads of people who hate...Sterling, Henderson, Stones, Maguire, Walker, Rashford etc I'm not sure if it's rooted in club allegiances or haters gonna hate by virtue of the thing attached to the end of their arm giving them constant access to plethora of platforms to unload their stream of consciousness.

If he had his way he would be at City now instead of Haaland.

Literally no sympathy for anything he does when not in a Spurs shirt here.

I hope he gets back to training early and doesn't let this affect his Spurs season. That's it. Anyone who is "sad for Harry" needs to sort themselves out. He's not your mate. He's a mercenary that plays for our club and messed up his move out.
Well said:rolleyes:. About the man whom is literally the living reincarnation of Jimmy Greaves.

That for me is his biggest quality. I stand by my statement that he is not a truly top class finisher, but his strength is that when he does miss a chance he does not let that affect him and he is there to put the next one away. The single outfield goal he scored at the World Cup, he had ballooned a sitter over the bar five minutes earlier but he was stilling willing and ready to go again and didn’t let that miss affect him. Missing that penalty is not going to define him, the guy has ice in his veins…..
If he isn’t a top class finisher then no one is … and I mean no one globally
His record is as good as any players in the world

If he isn’t a top class finisher then no one is … and I mean no one globally
His record is as good as any players in the world
His goals record is, but I still don’t think he is lethal, a very good finisher sure. Just take the World Cup for example - he had three big chances. The header at the end of the USA game that he didn’t even get on target, the one against Senegal he ballooned over, and the one he scored a few minutes later. He also had a good few half chances. He ended up with one outfield goal. I’m sorry but I just don’t think he’s the most lethal of finishers, if there was one player who I had to put my mortgage on to score a chance it would not be him. That doesn’t stop him scoring a bucket load of goals because he doesn’t hide and will keep on showing the determination and mentality to score the next one. I would say the likes of Augero in the past were better finishers than Kane, but I still prefer Kane because of his all round game. He’s my favourite Spurs player….

His goals record is, but I still don’t think he is lethal, a very good finisher sure. Just take the World Cup for example - he had three big chances. The header at the end of the USA game that he didn’t even get on target, the one against Senegal he ballooned over, and the one he scored a few minutes later. He also had a good few half chances. He ended up with one outfield goal. I’m sorry but I just don’t think he’s the most lethal of finishers, if there was one player who I had to put my mortgage on to score a chance it would not be him. That doesn’t stop him scoring a bucket load of goals because he doesn’t hide and will keep on showing the determination and mentality to score the next one. I would say the likes of Augero in the past were better finishers than Kane, but I still prefer Kane because of his all round game. He’s my favourite Spurs player….

I think you need to look at the stats more and see how many others miss as well as score and the quality of the chances

Augero played with a much better team, creating loads of chances and his goals per game ratio is more or less the same as Kanes, your argument completely falls apart if you look at the actual stats.

He was for a few years the best finisher in the world, from all angles, half chances, both feet.

I like to remain realistic on Kane and believe his skills mauly be in slight decline, but there was a time he was most definitely lethal

I know some don't like Xg but Kanes total for the 5 WC games he played was just 3.07 which includes the 2 pens.

That is very low for a main striker, though truth be told he is that only in name for England. He is more of a number 10 and creates far more for others than they do for him. Something his media detractors will constantly overlook. It was this way in the Summer too during that run of poor results, he barely got a sniff unless it was a penalty.

He seems to not mind that role but it must be frustrating for him.

Back