• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He's going to have a lot of vicious chants in the coming weeks.

Perhaps. If you go back 30 years, fans largely supported the England team irrespective of club allgiances

Then there was a period where club allegiances I think meant that England fans disliked players from other team when they were playing for England

I think its more balanced now

I thought Pickford might have done better with the first and Maguire ( and others) left Giroud unmarked from a cross , that's his bread and butter and Maguire could see him all the way and didn't get in front of him and goalside.

It's always poor to get beaten from that far out, you can see on the slow motion replay how far the ball moves beyond Bellingham before Pickford reads it, Bellingham could have closed down better too. Pickford is a solid keeper for England though, a mistake from him is rare, unlike when he puts that Everton shirt on.

The second was poor, especially as Giroud was completely unmarked in a similar position 2 mins earlier, Maguire was sleeping on the job.

But we signed Romero who equally would have had other suitors
Make the right offer and then sell the club to the player
He didn't have the type of suitors that Gvardiol will have. He's probably been the best CB in the World Cup and that is going to increase the already big interest in him.

If he had his way he would be at City now instead of Haaland.

Literally no sympathy for anything he does when not in a Spurs shirt here.

I hope he gets back to training early and doesn't let this affect his Spurs season. That's it. Anyone who is "sad for Harry" needs to sort themselves out. He's not your mate. He's a mercenary that plays for our club and messed up his move out.

I hope he gets back to training early and doesn't let this affect his Spurs season. That's it. Anyone who is "sad for Harry" needs to sort themselves out. He's not your mate. He's a mercenary that plays for our club and messed up his move out.

Yawn

Haven’t watched this World Cup given the background but kept an eye on results. Sickened for Harry. There was already an undercurrent of nastiness against him from England fans and this will unleash it. Took a glimpse at social media and it’s everything you’d expect.

Hilariously infuriating seeing some fat, hate filled keyboard warrior whose sporting achievements begin and end with Championship Manager saying “Kane bottled it” or “he can’t do it in the big games” or “he’s a serial loser”. You really should need a license to post in a public domain.

Harry will come back stronger, I’m sure of it. And he’ll do it with us. As said elsewhere, it’s up to us to drown the macarons out with support when proper football starts again.

Great, good for you. I think that is precisely the sort of small-minded, regressive and utterly unhelpful gonad*s that I was preparing myself for from other supporters, not our own. As for your ‘anyone who is sad for Harry needs to sort themselves out’ rubbish, no thanks, quite happy feeling sorry for a great player who is now about to become an even greater butt of people’s pathetic abuse. I felt the same for Waddle, for Pearce, for Southgate, for Saka, Sancho, and Rashford, because missing a penalty in such fashion is incredibly tough and I have a sense of empathy. Yes thanks, I am well aware they Kane is ‘not my mate’, but I am proud to be above the sort of small-mindedness that is born of bitterness such as yours. As for saying ‘I hope he gets back to training early and doesn’t let this affect his Spurs season’, it goes without saying that might be a tiny bit harder than usual if there are enough people with your approach lurking in our support.

Back