• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He will play at similarly high level till he is 34-35 baring serious injury. His game may adapt he may rely more on strength then athleticism. But he has the brains to do that and do that well.

talk of replacing him out of choice is hilarious. He has scored four goals in four games and could have arguably scored 4 more, and he is not quite at it yet, as he always starts slow.

behave yourselves.

There will be a decline. It's difficult to say when.

Not really seeing it so far personally. 4 games in, looking a touch off his best, we've seen it before and he's always gotten back to his best. I think he will this time too.

Age catches up with everyone.
Harry is a freak, we can't expect our next striker to come in like harry did out of virtually nowhere and consistently bang in goals. There will need to be some overlap and we should be planning for that now.

How do you plan for something that is several years away? We're a relatively rich club in that we can buy 60m players to be rotation options - when the time comes that Kane needs replacing we will go out and buy a player that will command a starting spot there and then, we're not going to be thinking about that now as it is some way off.

If there are some talented youngsters available in the meantime we'll be no doubt be interested though

Age catches up with everyone.
Harry is a freak, we can't expect our next striker to come in like harry did out of virtually nowhere and consistently bang in goals. There will need to be some overlap and we should be planning for that now.
There's time enough for us to see if Scarlett and/or Parrott could develop further. Kane is a fantastic template for them to follow

How do you plan for something that is several years away? We're a relatively rich club in that we can buy 60m players to be rotation options - when the time comes that Kane needs replacing we will go out and buy a player that will command a starting spot there and then, we're not going to be thinking about that now as it is some way off.

If there are some talented youngsters available in the meantime we'll be no doubt be interested though

but we shouldn't be planning just for the end of kanes career, what if he walks away, what if he has a a really bad injury?
do we wait until until kane is no longer available and then start planning? i doubt it.

His main goal this year will be captaining England in the world cup.

I would expect his team have been instructed to get him in peak shape for November/December.

But he is certainly pulling his weight now. He will have to be rotated and managed carefully in October and November. I would not be surprised if he has 15 league goals by the time the world. Up comes around.

but we shouldn't be planning just for the end of kanes career, what if he walks away, what if he has a a really bad injury?
do we wait until until kane is no longer available and then start planning? i doubt it.

We'll replace Kane with the best striker/attacker we can afford to buy at the time it is required to do so, we aren't going to be doing that whilst he is still here scoring goals and playing as a starter

Reactions: DTA
There's time enough for us to see if Scarlett and/or Parrott could develop further. Kane is a fantastic template for them to follow

kane is a freak, i can't see us being lucky enough to pluck another consistent 20 plus goals a season player out of obscurity, thats not a template i'd be willing to hope we can replicate.

We'll replace Kane with the best striker/attacker we can afford to buy at the time it is required to do so, we aren't going to be doing that whilst he is still here scoring goals and playing as a starter

maybe i'm still in the old spurs mind set but i can't see our thinking being so short term.

maybe i'm still in the old spurs mind set but i can't see our thinking being so short term.

I don't really know what you expect to see - the club isn't going to splurge on a top level striker whilst Kane is still playing to a high standard and looking like a starter for the foreseeable, if you're talking about supplementing him with a young back up who has potential, like the lad at Blackburn for example, sure but unless the player progresses to an elite level we will most likely be going back in for a more proven top level player to replace Kane as a starter when the time comes rather than promote an understudy - when do top clubs succeed in that kind of succession planning as opposed to buying in a ready made talent anyway??

Reactions: DTA
We have Richarlison if he gets injured.

I don't really know what you expect to see - the club isn't going to splurge on a top level striker whilst Kane is still playing to a high standard and looking like a starter for the foreseeable, if you're talking about supplementing him with a young back up who has potential, like the lad at Blackburn for example, sure but unless the player progresses to an elite level we will most likely be going back in for a more proven top level player to replace Kane as a starter when the time comes rather than promote an understudy - when do top clubs succeed in that kind of succession planning as opposed to buying in a ready made talent anyway??

thats what i mean, the guy after harry, three years down the line say.
we are set for now, but whats next? will be interesting to see where we go.

He's been our top goal scorer for the last 8 seasons. Even last season when he had a dip he scored 27 goals. The last person to score more was klinnsmann in 94/95 with 29. It is going to be very hard to get anyone better.
It's going to be very hard, maybe even impossible but we will have to do it eventually. The important part and I think what Metal gear was alluding to is that we don't take too long to start the process.

We have a couple of young ones who might slide into his place in the perfect world but we can't be complacent. Kane won't go on forever.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We don't know that it's several years away though. I do like you think it will be some years from now but it doesn't always happen like that. Some players have a very steep decline, Toby springs to mind. One season arguably the best CB in the prem the next not even top 10.

The physical decline of a player can never be fully anticipated. I think the model we are taking is the correct one, a younger forward in Richarlison and then the two younger players getting games elsewhere and hopefully they are able to step up to a level we require but we can't just pretend Kane will definitely go on at a high level until his mid 30s. He might well not.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

kane is a freak, i can't see us being lucky enough to pluck another consistent 20 plus goals a season player out of obscurity, thats not a template i'd be willing to hope we can replicate.
It is unlikely. But while Kane is still prolific at the highest level, and we have two young players who show greater promise than average...it's worth playing the game with them.

Back