• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

Vic has become overly reactive rather than proactive.
In a lot of his actions he is falling backwards over his line as he claws the ball away, rather than having forward momentum.
E.g. for the first goal yesterday, Salah ends up heading it from 3 yards out, but Vic is stuck to his line, falling back and gets a hand to the ball. If he had been super-proactive he had plenty of time to take 3 steps to the left as the cross came in and pluck it away from the dimunitive Egyptian.

This was what I disliked about Lloris when he was lacking confidence, he would shrink back and be falling over his own line clawing at the ball, rather than dominating like the best (Allison, Ederson, Schmeichel) who charge out and knee everyone in the spine.

Vic has become overly reactive rather than proactive.
In a lot of his actions he is falling backwards over his line as he claws the ball away, rather than having forward momentum.
E.g. for the first goal yesterday, Salah ends up heading it from 3 yards out, but Vic is stuck to his line, falling back and gets a hand to the ball. If he had been super-proactive he had plenty of time to take 3 steps to the left as the cross came in and pluck it away from the dimunitive Egyptian.

This was what I disliked about Lloris when he was lacking confidence, he would shrink back and be falling over his own line clawing at the ball, rather than dominating like the best (Allison, Ederson, Schmeichel) who charge out and knee everyone in the spine.
Yeah
That’s a great description
It’s a confidence call
But did you see ederson this weekend.. great assist for wolves goal
No keeper has been very good this season IMO
But Vicario has the talent and tools. He needs his confidence back

Personally I hope we are in contact with the EPL over this constant fouling on him. This cannot continue. yes he needs to be stronger at times. But also he should be allowed to not be obstructed and messed with.
See the Man U goal disallowed earlier today...NO consistency from PGMOL on this. None. Other than making sure Vic is immune to being fouled and is instead, apparently, always at fault.

It's become a bit like bullying, ejich is always ugly to wqtch. I think any keeper would struggle under this amount of pressure. Time to introduce Dragusin next to VDV maybe. Ange has to protect him more.

Back