• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

This is exactly what Ange wants to build, as I see it. Players who care and are leaders even if not officially so.

It filters through the entire collective, you love to hear it.

Plays with his brain and his heart, but maintains his calm. Seems pretty consistent, too. Almost every keeper will have at least one or two bad games a season, but I don't think Vicario has had one really bad match yet. Maybe if we're in Europe next season, he'll be tested on a different level but his confidence should be sky high by then if he keeps playing the way he is.

Plays with his brain and his heart, but maintains his calm. Seems pretty consistent, too. Almost every keeper will have at least one or two bad games a season, but I don't think Vicario has had one really bad match yet. Maybe if we're in Europe next season, he'll be tested on a different level but his confidence should be sky high by then if he keeps playing the way he is.

There's only a handful of teams in europe better than premier league teams. Don't really think it's a different level.

I can't imagine what our goals conceded this season would look like without him. Easily another 10 goals at least right now and I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say it could even be 15 plus.

Amazing signing, hopefully with the addition of the right DM and a further development of the system and structure the rest of the team will help him get the clean sheets and the full plaudits he deserves.

I can't imagine what our goals conceded this season would look like without him. Easily another 10 goals at least right now and I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say it could even be 15 plus.

Amazing signing, hopefully with the addition of the right DM and a further development of the system and structure the rest of the team will help him get the clean sheets and the full plaudits he deserves.

I hope so, a top level 6 to protect the back, he deserves way more clean sheets

Re the first point, some of his saves have been absolutely insane, especially live where you tend to have a broader view of the action and you are thinking "we are fudged" and there he is ..

I hope so, a top level 6 to protect the back, he deserves way more clean sheets

Re the first point, some of his saves have been absolutely insane, especially live where you tend to have a broader view of the action and you are thinking "we are fudged" and there he is ..

A lot of his top class saves have been when the oppo are miles offside in acres of space and he still touches it just over the bar or wide of the post, his concentration is excellent.

A good first season, reminds me a little of the young Pat Jennings in his first season 1964/65.

Good shout, if he gets near the level of Jennings ( best keeper i have seen in our shirt) then we will have a great keeper.

There's only a handful of teams in europe better than premier league teams. Don't really think it's a different level.
On paper, sure. But when it actually comes down to winning games and progressing, it's a different story. Just look at our results from the last time we were in the CL. Teams we should be beating handily but end up struggling against.

It's the stage, not the team.

On paper, sure. But when it actually comes down to winning games and progressing, it's a different story. Just look at our results from the last time we were in the CL. Teams we should be beating handily but end up struggling against.

It's the stage, not the team.

Yet we still got to the last 16. In our worst season in a decade.

Yet we still got to the last 16. In our worst season in a decade.
That’s because, as you say, the prem has teams that are much better

Brighton got spanked because they were naive and inexperienced. It can happen.

West Ham were unlucky
Pool smashed their tie
City did
Arsenal will win their home leg

This year there has been the Saudi Sportswashing Machine and United failings but Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a tough group and United are just crap

That’s because, as you say, the prem has teams that are much better

Brighton got spanked because they were naive and inexperienced. It can happen.

West Ham were unlucky
Pool smashed their tie
City did
Arsenal will win their home leg

This year there has been the Saudi Sportswashing Machine and United failings but Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a tough group and United are just crap

Saudi Sportswashing Machine had injuries. They're not there yet.

Back