• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

It's the combination of it all. New goalkeeper, two entirely new defenders, one that was only here for half of last season. One new midfielder and two who played very little last season.

Romero and Porro are the only first choice players from last season that remain first choice out of that midfield, defense and gk.

But if Lloris was still first choice we would be quite a lot worse, I'm certain of it.
Lloris would have conceded more of the shots and his passing would have put us under so much pressure. No way would we be unbeaten.

Iirc Vicario currently has the best save % in the PL. Not a bad stat to have at all and while he's not being overworked he is making absolutely key saves when called upon.

None of the goals that have been scored have made me feel like he could have done better and the same couldn't be said of Lloris in the last 3 or so years.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Lloris would have conceded more of the shots and his passing would have put us under so much pressure. No way would we be unbeaten.

Iirc Vicario currently has the best save % in the PL. Not a bad stat to have at all and while he's not being overworked he is making absolutely key saves when called upon.

None of the goals that have been scored have made me feel like he could have done better and the same couldn't be said of Lloris in the last 3 or so years.

No argument that Lloris was poor, but Forster played a large chunk of last season and our defensive issues didn’t go away.

Very true but by that time our defenders had no confidence in themselves let alone a new keeper who only played a dozen or so games in the Prem for us.

Surprised no one has yet touched on some of the saves he made against Fulham, the header from the corner, another when the Fulham player was offside. Had one hairy moment with a pass in the second half but was pretty outstanding imo

That fudging save for the header, live was even crazier ...

723zxdlog4wb1.jpg

Surprised no one has yet touched on some of the saves he made against Fulham, the header from the corner, another when the Fulham player was offside. Had one hairy moment with a pass in the second half but was pretty outstanding imo

Hairy moment fit in well with some of the others in the second half. For whatever reason we dropped off a bit.

Otherwise excellent, as he's been all season. If he keeps up this kind of form he'll be a star for us.

Bit too early to judge him. A couple of minor errors yesterday with his distribution that could have been punished but I think he’s been excellent so far. Seems a lot more confident and proficient on the ball than Lloris which helps the back four.

He is a fudging monster. I don't want to get carried away at all, but I really think he's making all the saves Lloris didn't.

There are chances the opposition are getting where you just know the ball is gonna rustle into the back of the net but no, Vicario keeps them out and these are chances at key times. Over the years how many times have we played fairly well in a match but not gotten the opener only to then get sucker punched by the opposition's first real attack? It used to happen all the time even under Poch but with Vicario he just keeps those chances out.

He gives the side time to breath and grow into the match because he's not going to concede the silly chances where you just think the keeper should have done better there.

I had wanted Sanchez (I liked him as a keeper) and was fully open to Raya as well due to his quality but I have to admit I think we have pulled a rabbit out of the hat. He's looking better than both and maybe even a level or two ahead of the pair of them.

He is a fudging monster. I don't want to get carried away at all, but I really think he's making all the saves Lloris didn't.

There are chances the opposition are getting where you just know the ball is gonna rustle into the back of the net but no, Vicario keeps them out and these are chances at key times. Over the years how many times have we played fairly well in a match but not gotten the opener only to then get sucker punched by the opposition's first real attack? It used to happen all the time even under Poch but with Vicario he just keeps those chances out.

He gives the side time to breath and grow into the match because he's not going to concede the silly chances where you just think the keeper should have done better there.

I had wanted Sanchez (I liked him as a keeper) and was fully open to Raya as well due to his quality but I have to admit I think we have pulled a rabbit out of the hat. He's looking better than both and maybe even a level or two ahead of the pair of them.

yjpweohhz5wb1.png

He has been very good so far ( one or two scary moments) but he does not lack confidence and has made a couple of great saves for us this season.

I haven’t seen yesterday’s game or any highlights thanks to being overseas but I can guarantee he made a couple of full stretch saves from well hit shots that he just put away from danger. It’s him doing what looks like the basics brilliantly and frequently that has made him stand apart
Allison is great at it and is IMO the best in the league but this season Vicario is edging every keeper

Back