• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

“I would have signed in blood. I would have walked from Italy.”

:D
Being a cynical old man, I view such quotes with a degree of suspicion.

If taken at face value, on the other hand, one has to question why...

Did Vicario see it as his chance to become long term #1 keeper at a major club? That'd imply a decent degree of footballing knowledge, knowing Lloris was on his way down.

Are we particularly well-known in Italy? I can imagine that the CL fixtures against Inter and AC Milan would have stirred the imagination of many. The CL final run only adds to that.

Is it the stadium and training ground? Ours must be viewed as one of the best in the world.

Either way, it just adds to the positive vibe at the moment. Bring on Crystal Palace!

Did Vicario see it as his chance to become long term #1 keeper at a major club? That'd imply a decent degree of footballing knowledge, knowing Lloris was on his way down.

Are we particularly well-known in Italy? I can imagine that the CL fixtures against Inter and AC Milan would have stirred the imagination of many. The CL final run only adds to that.

Is it the stadium and training ground? Ours must be viewed as one of the best in the world.

Either way, it just adds to the positive vibe at the moment. Bring on Crystal Palace!

He may have just felt it was the right fit. Not as much pressure as say going to utd or city. But big enough to show the world what he can do. Might love london.

You'd have to ask him.

He may have just felt it was the right fit. Not as much pressure as say going to utd or city. But big enough to show the world what he can do. Might love london.

You'd have to ask him.
And even that would show good introspection. Regardless of his reasons, he seems an excellent mix of sense and passion. A real leader at the back.

“I would have signed in blood. I would have walked from Italy.

:D

Is this walkable in 30mins?

giphy.gif

Probably we were the biggest team that were after him and about the biggest team he could see going for him?

This was the big move. It happened. Even though a couple of years ago that probably didn't look as likely. Can understand the cynical viewpoint, but probably he was really fudging happy to sign for us.

Probably we were the biggest team that were after him and about the biggest team he could see going for him?

This was the big move. It happened. Even though a couple of years ago that probably didn't look as likely. Can understand the cynical viewpoint, but probably he was really fudging happy to sign for us.
That seems pretty fair. While Vicario seems a brilliant signing in hindsight, there were plenty (myself included) wondering why we were taking a punt on a relatively unknown young Italian when a decent keeper with Prem experience was available.

The prem is massive
We are a huge club
Despite what our fans think we’re in the top 10 sides in the world
The other leagues in Europe really don’t count anymore

What a fudging save last night. The one down to his left. That was world class, and probably won us the game - would have been very different going 1-0 down against a very well-organised Palace team.

What a player he has looked so far.

I agree, and he has made a couple of saves for us this season that have been special. Still fairly young for a keeper(27) so he should get/may better as he gets older.

So far. Think it's out of maddison and vicario as best signing of the season.

Sure other clubs fans may disagree. But they'll have to look up while doing so.

Read Ange's comments about why he wanted Vic. He was his no.1 choice because of his choice and his journey. Those things matter.

Read Ange's comments about why he wanted Vic. He was his no.1 choice because of his choice and his journey. Those things matter.
We turned down another option because he wanted to leave his club
Not because he wanted to join us
I guess that may have been Reya

Reya is, IMO very very good
He has t clicked at arsenal yet and may not with the additional pressure because if their set up
But Vicario is outstanding

I've mostly seen him when we've played Brentford, but he has always struck me as insecure.

Back