• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guess our line up against Brentford

The formations will undoubtedly be fluid though. Players form what I have seen and read, and I get can change, is that Ange teams expect players to change dependant on with or without ball, the inverted FBs stuff etc. I think you will see players in midfield being a 2 when needed to be deep and then a one with the ball with one of them moving more advanced. Thankfully with say Benta and Bissi you have two players who are good on the ball and equally able to sit deeper, so I think that works well, Maddison can also pick the ball up deeper so a three of them can work in more than one way, which is what we need IMO

I’d be very happy to see that kind of movement and rotation - felt like it was so lacking under Conte!

Could we not just play Bissouma and Bentancur deeper and let them both (not at the same time) break forward?

Gives another option for the CB's to find a player when playing out from the back.

Vicario
Royal Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma Skipp
Porro Maddison Son
Kane​

Could we not just play Bissouma and Bentancur deeper and let them both (not at the same time) break forward?

Gives another option for the CB's to find a player when playing out from the back.

Vicario
Royal Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma Skipp
Porro Maddison Son
Kane​

Not Kulu fan? With 2 players holding, you could have:

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma Skipp
Kulu Maddison Son
Kane​

Spence could rotate with Porro. One of Bissouma and Skipp could cover the FBs.

Last edited:
Not a fan Kulu? With 2 players holding, you could have:

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma Skipp
Kulu Maddison Son
Kane​

Spence could rotate with Porro. One of Bissouma and Skipp could cover the FBs.

I kept swapping between Porro and Kulusevski. Went with Porro just because the way he ended the season.

I was questioning my self on Skipp as well as he will miss a lot of pre season still playing for the u21's

I kept swapping between Porro and Kulusevski. Went with Porro just because the way he ended the season.

I was questioning my self on Skipp as well as he will miss a lot of pre season still playing for the u21's

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma Bentancur
Kulu Maddison Son
Kane
With Bentancur this is an appealing line up. All players who are comfortable on the ball. Technically good. Yes there are serious questions as to how Porro and Udogie defend the flanks. But I think Postecoglou may get more out of Porro defensively. And if you have Bissouma and Bentancur covering and filling in, the full backs can be more like wing backs.

Its a big IF, but if we can defend well enough, I'd be excited to see this side playing. Everyone comfortable playing the ball which is what Postecoglou wants.

I think Royal (or Spence) is probably more likely at RB as neither Romero or Porro are tall commanding defenders. At least Royal can defend well.

Last edited:
After seeing the friendlies, think this line up makes sense. Perisic defo a good sub, and rotation option for Son. Hard not to play Bissouma and Skipp after their showing. So much energy and didn't put a foot wrong. PEH is fine too, but would play him later in the season and rotate in spells.

Vicario
Royal Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Skipp Maddison
Kulu Kane Son​

Last edited:
How do we think the squad is shaping up based on preseason/what would you hope to see come the end of the window?

Vicario
???
Royal Romero VdV Udogie
Porro Sanchez ??? Davies
Bissouma
Skipp
Maddison Bentancur
GLC Sarr
Kulu Kane Son
Solomun Veliz Richarlson​

How do we think the squad is shaping up based on preseason/what would you hope to see come the end of the window?

Vicario
???
Royal Romero VdV Udogie
Porro Sanchez ??? Davies
Bissouma
Skipp
Maddison Bentancur
GLC Sarr
Kulu Kane Son
Solomun Veliz Richarlson​

GK -> Vicario, Forster, Austin, don't think we see a change here, maybe in next window or two
FB -> Royal, Porro, Udogie, Davies, Sess, could Sess moving on in Jan window, Davies will run out his contract and we need a new LB next summer
CB -> Romero, Ashley, VDV, new CB, Dier, Davies a utility cover, Dier's contract is up at the end of year, new CB next summer
CM -> Bissouma, Skipp, Maddison, Lo Celso, Bentancur, Sarr, this assumes Atleti ponies up the money for PEH, if not he stays, think this is the set part of squad, highly unlikely we look to add here
AM/CF -> Kane, Richarlison, Veliz, Deki, Son, Solomon, Perisic, most unknown, Kane question, talks about Orban, see Solomon mostly as Son cover but can play both sides, think Perisic will get game time, Porro upfield?

Just gonna guess here for the fun of it.

Vicario,
Udogie, Romero, VDV, Royal
Bissouma, Maddison, Sarr
Son, Kane, Kulusevski

Just gonna guess here for the fun of it.

Vicario,
Udogie, Romero, VDV, Royal
Bissouma, Maddison, Sarr
Son, Kane, Kulusevski

Not sure if you wrote that in a mirror?

- Not sure Bissouma is fit enough to play again after that shift, so might be PEH to start
- Don't see VDV up to speed with system in less than a week, especially when half the team was away, think Davies will get the nod.

Not sure if you wrote that in a mirror?

- Not sure Bissouma is fit enough to play again after that shift, so might be PEH to start
- Don't see VDV up to speed with system in less than a week, especially when half the team was away, think Davies will get the nod.

I did indeed! Haha, my bad. Yeah, I'm not sure Bissouma will play, but would like for him to do so. VDV is probably a little early, but I don't see why not. He might play. Just my wishes though. We'll see. We'll put a more than decent side out either way. :)

-----------------------Vicario----------------------------

----Royal--------Romero-----VdV---------Udogie-----

-------------------------Bissouma---------------------------

-------------Skipp-----------Maddison-------------

--Kulu------------------Kane/Richy-------------------Son-------

Back