• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guess our line up against Brentford

Gv​
Royal, Romero, Tapsoba, Davies
Maddison, Skipp, Højbjerg
Porro, Kane, Son

Davies over Udoggie? …or Sessengon …or the Phoenix Regulion? I actually think he could rise from the ashes and at least be a backup and rotation option.

--------------------Lloris
Spence--Romero---Tapsoba--Udogie
------Kulusevski---Skipp----Bissouma
Porro-------------Kane---------------Son

Subs: Vicario, Royal, Dier, Adarabioyo, Davies, Maddison, Sarr, Soloman, Richarlison

------------------------Vicario----------------------------

----Royal--------Romero-----VdV---------Udogie-----

-------------------------Skipp-----------------------------

-------------Bisouma-----------Maddison-------------

--Kulu------------------Kane-------------------Son-------

------------------------Vicario----------------------------

----Royal--------Romero-----VdV---------Udogie-----

-------------------------Skipp-----------------------------

-------------Bisouma-----------Maddison-------------

--Kulu------------------Kane-------------------Son-------

This seems the most plausible as we stand today. Maybe Tapsoba for VdV which gives the backline a bit more heft. The concern is that backline. Udogie, untested. Good going forwards but can he defend? We know about Royal and Romero. Royal is never going to be brilliant attacking, he's decent, able to move up the pitch and offer simple passes. But he's no attacker. So we might end up with a lopsided attack where Udogie has more license to get forward.

But the team in front of our backline is exciting. Skipp/Bentancur the anchor. BIssouma and Maddison together is tantalising. Feeding 3 of the best attackers in the world.

I’m surprised everyone has Bissouma at 8 - everything I’ve seen and read suggests he primarily played as a 6 for Brighton, and that his defensive abilities are his biggest asset.

This seems the most plausible as we stand today. Maybe Tapsoba for VdV which gives the backline a bit more heft. The concern is that backline. Udogie, untested. Good going forwards but can he defend? We know about Royal and Romero. Royal is never going to be brilliant attacking, he's decent, able to move up the pitch and offer simple passes. But he's no attacker. So we might end up with a lopsided attack where Udogie has more license to get forward.

But the team in front of our backline is exciting. Skipp/Bentancur the anchor. BIssouma and Maddison together is tantalising. Feeding 3 of the best attackers in the world.
Backline will be a bit of a wonky, Royal staying back and Udogie is allowed move forward joining in the midfield. It seems to be Anges favoured approach that the LB moves into almost a midfield role with the ball.

My prediction is that our team will be almost exactly that of our final friendly but with one change made. Beyond that who knows, wither way this is one of the worst OMTs that I’ve ever seen.

I’m surprised everyone has Bissouma at 8 - everything I’ve seen and read suggests he primarily played as a 6 for Brighton, and that his defensive abilities are his biggest asset.

I think his pace/strength/drive are his best assets. That can be used with the ball from an 8 position and also defensively to press from there. I'm not sure that Ange's system allows for a 6 who bursts forward and takes him out of position, but could be wrong on that.

Separately, my starting 8s would be Bentancur and Maddison, so Bisouma is just a stop gap for a few weeks

So he could take the Skipp role at the base of midfield? Bissouma does have ability to drive past people, and has a shot on him too...

So he could take the Skipp role at the base of midfield? Bissouma does have ability to drive past people, and has a shot on him too...

Yeah that's where he mostly played for Brighton - the deepest of three midfielders. That's not to say he can't play further forward, I was just surprised that almost everyone seems to be thinking that he will.

Yeah that's where he mostly played for Brighton - the deepest of three midfielders. That's not to say he can't play further forward, I was just surprised that almost everyone seems to be thinking that he will.

The formations will undoubtedly be fluid though. Players form what I have seen and read, and I get can change, is that Ange teams expect players to change dependant on with or without ball, the inverted FBs stuff etc. I think you will see players in midfield being a 2 when needed to be deep and then a one with the ball with one of them moving more advanced. Thankfully with say Benta and Bissi you have two players who are good on the ball and equally able to sit deeper, so I think that works well, Maddison can also pick the ball up deeper so a three of them can work in more than one way, which is what we need IMO

Back