• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Greatest debut albums

Lifestylez%2BOv%2BDa%2BPoor%2B%2526%2BDangerous%2BFront%2B001.jpg

TheProdigyExperience.jpg

The album that got me into dance music (even though I think music for the jilted generation is probably their best album)

I've not heard of Big Star. When did that happen?

1971 the album came out. It's brilliant, a bit like a heavier Beatles. If you've ever watched 'That 70's Show' then you'll know the theme tune. There is a documentary that has just come out in America about them

[video=youtube;gxAbkqRGxqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxAbkqRGxqY[/video]

The smiths? One of my top 3 bands but their debut wasnt amazing.

That's what opinions are about I guess... Still ill and This charming man blew me away when they came out, and that was why I love this album. Meat is Murder and Louder than Bombs were good, but the first album had me hooked straightaway, so it's my fave.

That's what opinions are about I guess... Still ill and This charming man blew me away when they came out, and that was why I love this album. Meat is Murder and Louder than Bombs were good, but the first album had me hooked straightaway, so it's my fave.

Queen is dead all the way!

Queen is dead all the way!

I went through Meat is Murder, then Queen is Dead being my faves, last few years its been Strangeways. I just think musically they were really starting to push things, would have loved to have seen where Marr would have taken them.

Have to say though Viva Hate is one of my all time favourite albums and debuts, made a great come down album at the time :lol:

I went through Meat is Murder, then Queen is Dead being my faves, last few years its been Strangeways. I just think musically they were really starting to push things, would have loved to have seen where Marr would have taken them.

Have to say though Viva Hate is one of my all time favourite albums and debuts, made a great come down album at the time :lol:

I never really gave strangeways much time until this year.... its quite an odd album on the first few listens but its on at least once a week now.

The problem with the Smiths as an album is that the versions of the songs on Hatful of Hollow are far better. The production on the Smiths stinks.

1971 the album came out. It's brilliant, a bit like a heavier Beatles. If you've ever watched 'That 70's Show' then you'll know the theme tune. There is a documentary that has just come out in America about them

I only got around to picking up a copy of Sister Lovers/Third recently. I think that it is their best but that shouldn't take away from #1.

If you are old like me then think 1977 - Ian Dury and the Blockheads - New Boots and Panties.

Billericay dingdongie has one of the greatest rhyming verses ever created:

Had a love affair with Nina
In the back of my cortina
A seasoned-up hyena
Could not have been more obscener
She took me to the cleaners
And other misdemeanours
But I got right up between her
Rum and her Ribena

A few I can think of:

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
NWA - Straight Outta Compton