• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gorgeous-Kévin Nkoudou

I missed the whole black box thing when it surfaced a while ago. Can someone explain exactly what it is please??

…Preferably without the Ride On Time gags! ;o)

The black box is a room at southamptons training centre which they use to look over videos of players - someone has misconstrued that to think it's some kind of super computer which prints out lists of world class prospects

I missed the whole black box thing when it surfaced a while ago. Can someone explain exactly what it is please??

…Preferably without the Ride On Time gags! ;o)
Here's a pic of the black box:
blackbox2.jpg

PERVERT!

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/tottenham-are-killing-the-georges-kevin-nkoudou-deal/

Tottenham are killing the Georges Kevin Nkoudou deal
Following on reports from Le Phoceen this morning that detail the way in which Tottenham President Daniel Levy is supposedly killing a deal with Marseille for the transfer of Georges Kevin NKoudou with Clinton N’Jie being set to go the other way, Get French Football News can reveal new details about the saga.

Daniel Levy agreed a deal for the French youth international with Vincent Labrune for €13m plus bonuses, but the moment that Labrune quit his post, Levy went back on the deal, offering around €6m plus incentives in a move that utterly shocked Marseille.

Marseille were astonished – a pre-arranged deal was then renegotiated in bad faith.

New President Giovanni Ciccolunghi was thrust into a delicate situation incredibly quickly, and appears lacks both the contacts and the nous to repair such a deal or even conduct replacement business for the club, hence the appointment of a Sporting Director in Gunter Jacob.

Paul Mitchell, who pushed hard for the signing of Nkoudou, was just as flabbergasted by the perceived unprofessionalism from Tottenham, and it is understood to be a key factor in his departure that was announced just yesterday.

Clinton N’Jie, who was part of the deal and supposed to go the other way, was training with Tottenham Hotspur yesterday.

Marseille have demanded that Levy go back to the original deal on multiple occasions, but Tottenham have so far refused.

The only thing keeping this deal at all alive is that N’Jie continues to see sense in a move to Marseille and N’Koudou to Tottenham.

We are not quite dead in the water here, but we are dangling dangerously close to the edge of the ocean.

I heard he was haggling again recently. All I can say is, I sincerely hope that Poch is not unsettled by this. I wonder if Levy thought Mitchell would never do it, further if he never saw the obvious job on the table at Leicester. Poch is fairly plain when he speaks, and when he says something he will leave enough innuendo to answer questions I believe...let us hope Pochettino is on board. If not, Levy could be about to score the biggest own-goal of his career. I hear there are several new contracts/extensions about to be announced; let's hope they still are...

Neither do I. Rumours that Mitchell was keen on Nkoudou, but Poch wants to keep N'jie.

If that is the case, then I am happy enough. Poch should have the final say. His contract DID announce control of full-footballing matters, and what I had INITIALLY heard was that THIS had as much of an impact as anything else. We will probably never know the full set of reasons, again, the important thing is that Poch is OK with all which has happened. For what it's worth, Njie has been squad-integrated and appears to be a genuine talent.

To be honest, Levy is the best in the business when it comes to this. If Mitchell thinks he's bigger than that, he's wrong, as many others have found out. I'd enjoyed our recruitment with him here, but I'm not one to think that Levy will have let him go without learning everything possible about his method and systems.

To be honest, Levy is the best in the business when it comes to this. If Mitchell thinks he's bigger than that, he's wrong, as many others have found out. I'd enjoyed our recruitment with him here, but I'm not one to think that Levy will have let him go without learning everything possible about his method and systems.

Agree. With Levy and Poch we're fine

The report is coming from Marseille, it's not going to be anything other than anti-Spurs. Recently we heard something about Levy haggling, but then we got a big article out of SSN explaining how the change of leadership at Marseille was the real reason for the transfer being held up. I'm inclined to wait for more information before grabbing my pitchfork.

N'jie in the training pic's is nothing more than our press office showing that we are still willing to work with the player.

I think the opposite happened.The new guys came in saw that clubs are dropping 15-20mill on mediocre players and thought 13mill euros is really too cheap so they wanted more money and we never seemed overly keen on losing N'jie so its all collapsed.Maybe they even got a bigger bid or pretended they did to get more out of Levy .

I think the opposite happened.The new guys came in saw that clubs are dropping 15-20mill on mediocre players and thought 13mill euros is really too cheap so they wanted more money and we never seemed overly keen on losing N'jie so its all collapsed.Maybe they even got a bigger bid or pretended they did to get more out of Levy .

I think the first bit is certainly true. Some of the fees paid for players this summer are quite ridiculous

Would have been nice to have him on the bench on Sat. If he's barely trained, we probably wouldnt see him til Sept I guess

Would have been nice to have him on the bench on Sat. If he's barely trained, we probably wouldnt see him til Sept I guess

Poch tends to take a long time before deeming new signings are ready for the match. It would also be bad for teamspirit if he was dropped in ahead of someone like Njie, Chadli, Onomah or Edwards, who have been working hard all pre-season.

I can see the loan to buy ending up with us paying out a lot more next summer.

Also interesting that N'jie was the first player we saw on the SSN footage taken at the training ground today.

I can see the loan to buy ending up with us paying out a lot more next summer.

Also interesting that N'jie was the first player we saw on the SSN footage taken at the training ground today.

Why?

Do you really think Levy will pay more because its a loan or for any other reason reasonably imaginable?

Back