• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

I am getting the impression certain posters on here were critical of last season and now the same is happening this year they have to spin facts to ensure they can be less critical this year because they like the man in charge?

'Getting the impression'? :lol:

I would be content finishing 5th, as i stated at the start of the season.

Its not that much of a paradox; if Arsenal replaced Chesney with Lloris and Cazorla with Parker they would have strengthened one position and
still become a weaker team. Simples.

Why do people keep mentioning Cazorla? He would be good on the flanks for us, but no way is he a better central midfielder than Sandro, Parker or Dembele. He simply isn't a central midfielder. And in the number 10 position he isn't as good as Bale. Arteta on the other hand is a player I am furious at Redknapp for not trying to get.

'Getting the impression'? :lol:

I would be content finishing 5th, as i stated at the start of the season.

Yes, that is my impression because it is the same on another forum I used to post at. I was hoping that this one would be less emotional and more realistic but the longer I am around the more I realise that Redknapp was as disliked on here as he was over there. I probably would have left this forum during that time as well.

Yes, that is my impression because it is the same on another forum I used to post at. I was hoping that this one would be less emotional and more realistic but the longer I am around the more I realise that Redknapp was as disliked on here as he was over there. I probably would have left this forum during that time as well.

:ross:

Supporting a club is based on emotion. So it follows that's what you'll get wherever you go.

if i was being cynical id say this whole stance of yours is nothing more than an extension of the Redknapp arguments last season :-"

last season it was clear throughout the whole season we were better than Arsenal and Chelsea until our collapse.

this season the same cannot be said at all (seeings as you've been one of the teams harshest critics this season id have assumed that you felt the same) and anyone who looked at the comparative fixtures between ourselves and Arsenal after the NLD knew that a 7 point lead was not that much in the grand scheme of things

=D> Spot on. Thanks for clearing that up in a concise manner.

And wasn't it 7 points but Arsenal had a game in hand anyway?

(also if i was being churlish - i would point out that this seasons "collapse" didnt start be squadering a two goal lead away at Arsenal. That added to the sense of meltdown and impending doom)

Why do people keep mentioning Cazorla? He would be good on the flanks for us, but no way is he a better central midfielder than Sandro, Parker or Dembele. He simply isn't a central midfielder. And in the number 10 position he isn't as good as Bale. Arteta on the other hand is a player I am furious at Redknapp for not trying to get.

:eek:

yeah, i'd ake Parker over Cazorla anyday of the week 8-[

Song had more assists the VDV last season and Arsenal lost him.

But anyway it's not just Arsenal we need to measure ourselves against. We finished 5 points ahead of Chelsea, 13 ahead of Everton and 17 ahead of Liverpool. At the moment it seems like there is going to be some pretty big points swings with the other top 4 rivals. Something is amiss and it can't simply be explained my selling Modric. The previous results without him and the fact we finished top 4 in 2009/10 with a much weaker squad show this.

Obviously we need to wait until the end of the season, as so much can change. But if we do fail, a lot of questions will need to be asked beyond the fact we sold some quality players.

if i was being cynical id say this whole stance of yours is nothing more than an extension of the Redknapp arguments last season :-"

last season it was clear throughout that we were better than Arsenal and Chelsea.

this season the same cannot be said at all (seeings as you've been one of the teams harshest critics this season id have assumed that you felt the same) and anyone who looked at the comparative fixtures between ourselves and Arsenal after the NLD knew that a 7 point lead was not that much in the grand scheme of things.

We may have played better than Chelsea last season but I still believe they had a bigger and better squad. Have people forgotten the semi final when they demolished us?

I would love someone to find a predictions thread from the start of last season and see how many posters actually believed we would be above Chelsea at the end.

has anyone been keeping track of Moonlight Knights alternative log-ins since he left? i think we're on about number six now.

was using two at the same time a while back :ross:

We may have played better than Chelsea last season but I still believe they had a bigger and better squad. Have people forgotten the semi final when they demolished us?

I would love someone to find a predictions thread from the start of last season and see how many posters actually believed we would be above Chelsea at the end.

hold on, just a minute a go you said goals and expectations change over a season - so why does it matter what people thought at the beginning of last season?

Chelsea won the Champion's League. I don't understand the following logic. Arsenal and Chelsea were inferior to us last season. This season they are both better than us. It just seems to be a convenient opinion to ensure that opinions can be maintained against evidence.

Where has anyone said in this thread that they thought we would finish ahead of Chelsea? Why are you running with that argument?

Ah yes, the semi final where we looked like we were coming back into it until they got that goal that never was..

Chelsea won the Champion's League. I don't understand the following logic. Arsenal and Chelsea were inferior to us last season. This season they are both better than us. It just seems to be a convenient opinion to ensure that opinions can be maintained against evidence.

winning a cup competition is no measure of a sides overall quality

Wigan & Emirates Marketing Project the two best sides in England in 2012/13 :eek:

Back