• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

I wouldn't know whether Mick or was, I haven't posted regularly in ages... And yes soemtimes it is honest debate and that's fine but recently it' only ever been bickering I've ever seen when I've had a look. But not postign replies or entering threads is what I've been doing. That's why I'm hardly ever on the forum, because it's everywhere! And trying to get a thread back on topic doesn't always work, you still get a few who'll gladly join in and run it on for a good few pages.

The easiest way to afford it is to respect people's opinions and argue your case but some seem unable to grasp that yet...

True, the OP sadly often being one of those...

I have just been released from my latest ban, where I was banned for pointing out to another poster what a knob I was when I was his age. So I was banned for self abuse - which, as far as I can tell would get an awful lot of posters on here banned as well.

I don't want to participate on this board anymore, as I don't like the way that it is being moderated, and that is my problem. The latest crop of moderators don't talk about Spurs or football in a manner that I find acceptable, and to be frank, the brick that was unleashed on this site at our last manager was the most shameful and mindless outpouring of filth and rubbish that I have ever had the misfortune to witness. If nobody wants to put a stop to that manner of expressing your feelings, then I'm happy to be excluded from this club.

There are some fantastic posters on here, and I will miss reading and chatting with them, but there are some mindlessly dreadful ones as well - and it saddens me that the moderators on here, are prepared to tolerate the sewer of rubbish that some of these plastic fans pour into this site.

You gave plenty yourself, fella. You just did it in a more snidey way at times and then got the hump when this was regarded as abuse. Like how you deride the fans in this post who aren't regulars at WHL. They can't just disagree with you, there has to be something wrong with them to disagree. Odd as you were a different poster on alt.sports.spurs but presumably loads on here rubbed you up the wrong way! Some probably understandable, others just disagreed strongly and the toys went flying from the pram.

* That said, if you were banned for that, that is absurd!

These are both true, in terms of the flood of the influx of annoying posters and silly posts (not sure about the modding, not on here much to see). The *, if that is the case then it's weird.

Ultimately, though, it is your choice to stop posting or restart posting, and there is an ignore function for the more idiotic members of the forum.

Used to post frequently on the old board but not so much on this one and these are my sentiments exactly.

To be honest Micks right about all the bicjkering on here... I don't visit much now at all, partly because I don't have the time but also because all the bickering on here is unreal and to be honest quite chldish... and that's coming from a bloody 18 year old!

And everything that went on will people abusing Redknapp was laughable conisdering everything he'd done. Think some have short minds and where all the nast snobbery has come from I have no idea. Tbh I think we've gone from having the best support in the country to being influxed with some of the worst fans I could think off, even worse than Arsenals and not to far of Chelseas!

Good post!

A shame both Mick and TMK feel the need to quit as they are two of the most knowledgable posters on this board IMO. Also a shame they both got derided for being loyal to our most successful manager in 20 years.

A shame both Mick and TMK feel the need to quit as they are two of the most knowledgable posters on this board IMO. Also a shame they both got derided for being loyal to our most successful manager in 20 years.

lol TMK and Mick were derided for their posting style - not for being pro Redknapp

Been a long time lurker, I don't always agree with you Mick you have your opinion, I have mind sorry to see you go, if we all thought the same way, the world would be boring.

One of the single most inaccurate comments I have read this season. I think when you read it back over you'll agree mate...

Yes, I saw that once I posted my comment.
But IMO their pro-Redknapp stance had nothing to do with it. The problem lies in not being able to accept that perhaps, just perhaps, not everyone shares the same view, and that this in itself is not enough to mark people as hypocrites, ignorant, haters or any of the other sometimes hysterical reactions genuine counterpoints would receive. Sorry mate, for all the criticism mods get on this board, the one thing they all have in common is the desire to have a forum where people can be passionate, strong and enjoy debate without it getting personal. That has always been the MO. I think suggesting otherwise makes it seem as though there is zero tolerance for anything other than a single viewpoint with regards to management, and sorry mate, that simply isn't accurate.

Yes, I saw that once I posted my comment.
But IMO their pro-Redknapp stance had nothing to do with it. The problem lies in not being able to accept that perhaps, just perhaps, not everyone shares the same view, and that this in itself is not enough to mark people as hypocrites, ignorant, haters or any of the other sometimes hysterical reactions genuine counterpoints would receive. Sorry mate, for all the criticism mods get on this board, the one thing they all have in common is the desire to have a forum where people can be passionate, strong and enjoy debate without it getting personal. That has always been the MO. I think suggesting otherwise makes it seem as though there is zero tolerance for anything other than a single viewpoint with regards to management, and sorry mate, that simply isn't accurate.

Just to back this up, there was barely a fag paper between my views on Redknapp last season and those of MLK and Mick. Infractions issued to Mick had nothing to do with his views and everything to do with the way he expressed them.

Just to back this up, there was barely a fag paper between my views on Redknapp last season and those of MLK and Mick. Infractions issued to Mick had nothing to do with his views and everything to do with the way he expressed them.

With all respect, not many posters on this board are going to go after a mod the same way they'd go after a regular poster.

I worked it a long time ago, do not post weird brick except in the vice den and dont call anyone anything that might be considered offensive and your fine and dandy, the mods are not all that serious they just don't like people to pick on others.

With all respect, not many posters on this board are going to go after a mod the same way they'd go after a regular poster.

Possibly but we try to take that into account. None of the admin team enjoy giving infraction points or banning people, it really is a last resort. Mick has been warned about his posting style for years, constantly been given another chance but has always failed to accept that he has done anything wrong and carried on as before. He is still free to post here but he needs to stick to the site rules, the same as everybody else.

I must be getting Kiwi-fied. Every time I catch the thread title my inner monologue reads it as 'fush'.

Back