• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

What's your best ever putting round guys?

I had 28 a couple of years back, with nil 3 putts, ten 2 puts and 8 singles.
Not bad for a hacker!!!

Don't think I've got near that since, but putting has always been good for me, and is often my hole saver.

a 76 on a 71 course, Clacton Golf Club, I was playing off 12 at the time

Back in my junior days during the summer holidays I was playing 4-5 times a week and managed to score 75 (3 over par). I was level on the front including 1 birdie and 1 bogie and then 3 over for the back. Playing off a handicap of 20 I couldn't believe it. If I was to play now I would be happy to go round under 100.

When it comes to putting I always mark them down next to my score and aim to get under 36. I think my best is about 31.

What's your best ever putting round guys?

I had 28 a couple of years back, with nil 3 putts, ten 2 puts and 8 singles.
Not bad for a hacker!!!

Don't think I've got near that since, but putting has always been good for me, and is often my hole saver.

My putting average over last 20 rounds is 1.81 per hole. Without sounding like a dingdong i need to be getting that down to near 1.7 which is around 30 putts per round.

But how can putting stats like that make sense?

Surely if you miss the green with your approach shot, chip on up to the hole and tap it in, that counts as 1 putt

Whereas if you hit the green and 2 putt... that is better golf but looks worse on the putting stats?

Surely if you miss the green with your approach shot, chip on up to the hole and tap it in, that counts as 1 putt

Whereas if you hit the green and 2 putt... that is better golf but looks worse on the putting stats?

Putting is a game within a game.

I get your point and to answer, my putts per hole in relation to greens hit in regulation is 1.98 which is, quite frankly, brick for someone who plays of 6hcp. You could say my style is Lee Westwood; tee to green i dont think there are many better than me in my club but my putting lets me down, big time.

I get your point and to answer, my putts per hole in relation to greens hit in regulation is 1.98 which is, quite frankly, brick for someone who plays of 6hcp. You could say my style is Lee Westwood; tee to green i dont think there are many better than me in my club but my putting lets me down, big time.

Its the old addage Drive for Show, Putt for Dough

Played off the whites, shot 86 with 2 lost balls and 2 3 putts in there, played really well, some pucker drives again

184435_10200189665685621_1218742634_n.jpg

Mate took a pic of probably my worst swing on the round typical haha

Last edited:
Mate took a pic of probably my worst swing on the round typical haha

Your shoulder turn is asymmetric to your left kneecap - you should rotate your right nipple seventeen degrees beyond the plane of least resistance whilst auto-rotating through the arc of impact.

What do you do when you lose a ball and just drive one deep into the trees... do you drop another and play '3 off the tee' or do you just drop one and think 'f*** that super harsh rule man'?

I always feel it is too harsh, you drive slightly off line and drop 2 shots and it's impossible to fight back from that and save a good score, especially when you do it 2 or 3 times per round like me :D

If the course was busy I would drop one roughly where the ball went out of bounds and carry on.

Merion playing as tough as expected, only 3 under par half way through the 2nd round !!!

Its golf as it should be not -25 under par winning it

Playing here today on a works golf day, meant to be a very nice course

http://www.westerhamgc.co.uk/golf/overview

I love Westerham. Spent a lot of time round that area, and that course is stunning in places.

Before the hurricane of 1987, it wasn't even a golf course. With the damage after, they decided to just clear it and make the course.
There is a 200+yard par 3 that they didn't cut a single tree down for.......the eye of the storm went right through this spot and just cut a swathe through the trees.

Jealous. Must play it again.

I love Westerham. Spent a lot of time round that area, and that course is stunning in places.

Before the hurricane of 1987, it wasn't even a golf course. With the damage after, they decided to just clear it and make the course.
There is a 200+yard par 3 that they didn't cut a single tree down for.......the eye of the storm went right through this spot and just cut a swathe through the trees.

Jealous. Must play it again.

Shot 33 points today playing off 16, it was blowing a gale too, lovely course really enjoyed it

I was MAV Champion !!!!

BM0v_fCCUAA7biu.jpg

If it was down to me, I would throw out every dumbass Yank who shouts out get in the hole or something equally fudgewitted after each shot

Playing here............ http://www.hornepark.co.uk/ this afternoon with my youngest lad, who is just 13.
He will beat me, and out-drive me on most holes.

My excuse is I am off of a night shift. That, and I'm not as good as my sons. 8-[

Back