• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Played 9 holes today and shot 38, personal best. Played the last 5 holes -1, finishing with a birdie. Hcp 11.5 now.

Best tip I've read: stand closer to the ball. Never had such solid contact with my irons before!

Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods were at loggerheads after the third round of the Players Championship at Sawgrass on Saturday.

The Spaniard blamed a roar from the crowd watching Woods on the par-five second hole after slicing his second shot from the fairway into the trees on the right.

Woods had sliced his tee shot deep into the trees on the left and the gallery had erupted during Garcia's backswing having seen world No 1 Woods reach for his five-wood for a daring escape.

Overnight leader Garcia went on to bogey the hole, while Woods birdied resulting in a two-shot swing that temporarily put Woods into a one-stroke lead over his playing partner.

"Well, obviously Tiger was on the left and it was my shot to hit," Garcia said. "He moved all the crowd that he needed to move, I waited for that.
Screaming

"I wouldn't say that he didn't see that I was ready, but you do have a feel when the other guy is going to hit and right as I was in the top of the backswing, I think he must have pulled like a five-wood or a three-wood and obviously everybody started screaming.

"So that didn't help very much. But it was unfortunate because - I mean I might have hit it there if nothing happens, you never know - but if I hit a good shot there and maybe make birdie, it gets my day started in a bit of a different way.

"There's really not much you can do. I think that I try to respect everyone as much as possible out there. I try to be careful what I do to make sure it doesn't bother the other players."

Woods denied any gamesmanship and directed a dig towards Garcia.

He said: "The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot, and then I hear his comments afterwards, and not real surprising that he's complaining about something."

Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods were at loggerheads after the third round of the Players Championship at Sawgrass on Saturday.

The Spaniard blamed a roar from the crowd watching Woods on the par-five second hole after slicing his second shot from the fairway into the trees on the right.

Woods had sliced his tee shot deep into the trees on the left and the gallery had erupted during Garcia's backswing having seen world No 1 Woods reach for his five-wood for a daring escape.

Overnight leader Garcia went on to bogey the hole, while Woods birdied resulting in a two-shot swing that temporarily put Woods into a one-stroke lead over his playing partner.

"Well, obviously Tiger was on the left and it was my shot to hit," Garcia said. "He moved all the crowd that he needed to move, I waited for that.
Screaming

"I wouldn't say that he didn't see that I was ready, but you do have a feel when the other guy is going to hit and right as I was in the top of the backswing, I think he must have pulled like a five-wood or a three-wood and obviously everybody started screaming.

"So that didn't help very much. But it was unfortunate because - I mean I might have hit it there if nothing happens, you never know - but if I hit a good shot there and maybe make birdie, it gets my day started in a bit of a different way.

"There's really not much you can do. I think that I try to respect everyone as much as possible out there. I try to be careful what I do to make sure it doesn't bother the other players."

Woods denied any gamesmanship and directed a dig towards Garcia.

He said: "The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot, and then I hear his comments afterwards, and not real surprising that he's complaining about something."

What a tit. No need for that.
And relying on a marshall to see if Srgio had hit? Like he couldn't see him in the middle of the fairway...............

Do you all wear gloves? I've played golf for about 20 years on and off and since ditching the glove,I am hitting the ball much more solidly and,more importantly,straighter.

Do you all wear gloves? I've played golf for about 20 years on and off and since ditching the glove,I am hitting the ball much more solidly and,more importantly,straighter.

I find a glove essential especially if the weather is a bit waffy

Nope, dont need them for most of the year if you have decent grips. I change mine every year. I occasionally need one if its really hot (30+) and my hands sweat. I have a wet pair if its really hammering down as well but only used those once this year.

Never wore a glove. When I first started I think I used to grip the clubs too hard as I would finish the round with a black hand. Also remember playing in heavy rain with my towel wrapped round my left hand because my hand had a giant blister on it and couldn't put my hand on the club.

Haven't played now since the end of 2010 :oops:

Nope, dont need them for most of the year if you have decent grips. I change mine every year. I occasionally need one if its really hot (30+) and my hands sweat. I have a wet pair if its really hammering down as well but only used those once this year.

was reading an article about the gripping of clubs, they said you should regrip every 50 - 75 rounds, i bet most club golfers dont do this at all

was reading an article about the gripping of clubs, they said you should regrip every 50 - 75 rounds, i bet most club golfers dont do this at all

What you can do, and some of the old pros do this, is just lightly sand your grips down with a fine sandpaper. To be honest, when my clubs need re-gripping i just end up trading mine in to buy a new set as it only ends up costing me £60 by the time ive taken into account buying the grips i like, taken 2 hours to put them on.

I've stopped wearing a glove, bloody wear spots had me questioning my grip... Besides, Couples doesn't need one either.

Sergio is a bottler and Tiger is a massive ****!

I would say sergio is one of the most naturally gifted players of his generation, if not the most. I think sergio never had to learn to grind it out or scramble a win or make a score as when he was growing up he was just so much better than anyone else in his competitions. He turned pro off +6.0 hcp, the closest to that was Rory off +4.

He essentially, like Adam Scott, plays what i call 'swing' which is a game to see who can knock it around 18 holes the prettiest, rather than 'golf' which is about getting it round in the fewest strokes. Scott has gone past that phase in recent years, i fear sergio will never get out of it.

Good grief.

Just played my first golf since middle of last year. Only played a local 9-hole, but it's a good one,

My 12 year old beat me by 5 shots, which included a 50yd birdie chip-in. :ross:

Back