• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

never got any better than playing off 18, I was never going to improve, as I never learned to love it like my Dad did.

oh I know loads of people love it - as do a lot of people love fishing

just too dull - I like NOW sports

A lot of people love hunting deer too, but that hasn't anything to do with golf either ;)

A lot of people love hunting deer too, but that hasn't anything to do with golf either ;)

not sure I see the point, I was just explaining why I'm not one of the millions who love the sport

not trying to denigrate it as a pastime, nor compare it to fishing (except to quote another sport with a large following that also does nothing for me personally)

never got any better than playing off 18, I was never going to improve, as I never learned to love it like my Dad did.

oh I know loads of people love it - as do a lot of people love fishing

just too dull - I like NOW sports

When I play golf, it tends to happen.....NOW!!!!!:D

Played North Wales Golf Club today, shot a 79 on a course ive never seen yet alone played. Quite nice actually but was playing very easy as the fairways and greens were slow - would be a cracking challenge in summer. Anyone played anywhere nice in the UK recently?

Played North Wales Golf Club today, shot a 79 on a course ive never seen yet alone played. Quite nice actually but was playing very easy as the fairways and greens were slow - would be a cracking challenge in summer. Anyone played anywhere nice in the UK recently?

Maybe when/if the snow thaws in the south-east later this week. It's been lying for 9 days now, and froze solid after. Taking a while to clear.

Maybe when/if the snow thaws in the south-east later this week. It's been lying for 9 days now, and froze solid after. Taking a while to clear.

Bad times, im not that far away in Portsmouth and its golf weather all week. Two competition rounds for me... Wed and Sunday, managed to get an early tee time sunday to watch the footie when i get in - result.

Bad times, im not that far away in Portsmouth and its golf weather all week. Two competition rounds for me... Wed and Sunday, managed to get an early tee time sunday to watch the footie when i get in - result.

Bloody hell.......we still have 3-4 inches of lying snow on my local course.

I live next to a golf course
I take my dog for a brick on it.

(I do take a trowel and clean up as well, I'm a responsible dog owner)

The view is stunning, but you can lose a lot of balls in the sea

I'll post a nice piccy for you golphists

Last edited:
I had a week off work last week, with the plan to play golf. fudging weather put paid to that. Means I will have only played once by the time of my next lesson #-o

Still, starting to stay light longer, in a couple of weeks I'll be able to get out and do a few holes after work.

I had a week off work last week, with the plan to play golf. fudging weather put paid to that. Means I will have only played once by the time of my next lesson #-o

Still, starting to stay light longer, in a couple of weeks I'll be able to get out and do a few holes after work.

Counting the days mate. Counting the days.

Its summer when i appreciate shift-work, and days off during the week.

Am looking to really get back into my golf this year

Going to change my wedges and putter, will stay with my irons and driver, woods, hybrids

Have 2 Titleist Vokey oil can wedges and a Odyssey 2 ball white hot putter, am going to get these new Mizuno wedges, not sure on which putter as yet though

View attachment 112

I'm thinking about having another stab at it. Lots of mates who never used to play have started getting into it recently. I haven't lifted my clubs in about 5 years.

Counting the days mate. Counting the days.

Its summer when i appreciate shift-work, and days off during the week.

Yeah last summer i was doing 3 day weeks, plenty of time for golf, now I do Monday to Friday but finish at 4 so can still get out. Best thing about being a member, can just drop by the course and play as many holes as I want

I live next to a golf course
I take my dog for a brick on it.

(I do take a trowel and clean up as well, I'm a responsible dog owner)

The view is stunning, but you can lose a lot of balls in the sea

I'll post a nice piccy for you golphists

432136_10150657791029120_692629119_10933096_1299205693_n.jpg

this hole is about 200m from my house
they don't open the course from nov-march, due to the freezing cold winters, so its a bit overgrown

WGC Matchplay this week, means an extra day of golf on the box. Matchplay is always more enjoyable to watch, they need another couple of events a year in this format.

Slight change of plans as to my plan of getting the Bridgestone J38 DPC's, I bought Wilson Pi7 instead... Got a set of 3-P with TT DG R300 shafts, factory specs, used 1 season for $120 off the bay. I've hit the Pi5's a few times indoors and I liked how they set up, so I figured for the price I'm not really running any risk if I don't like them.

pi7-peformance-irons.jpg

I'm thinking low 70's :-k

Slight change of plans as to my plan of getting the Bridgestone J38 DPC's, I bought Wilson Pi7 instead... Got a set of 3-P with TT DG R300 shafts, factory specs, used 1 season for $120 off the bay. I've hit the Pi5's a few times indoors and I liked how they set up, so I figured for the price I'm not really running any risk if I don't like them.

pi7-peformance-irons.jpg

I'm thinking low 70's :-k

Bloody show off :evil:

Back