• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

What clubs!!!!!!! i like the 38 better, many on Golfwrx (forum) rate them better than the 40's. I had a Bridgestone J33r driver until last month..... amazing club. I would seriously consider Bridgestone but they dont have any custom fit facilities over here. Im a ping man now but if i had to pick anything now id have to seriously look at the new Nike VR pro combo... Taylor made TP MB or any of the new cleveland stuff.

I like the looks of the J38 better too, but I don't know if anyone even sells Bridgestone clubs here in Norway...

Fell asleep on the sofa last night, missing the last 3-4 holes and playoff then, dammit. Well rested today though :D

Epic choke from Kyle Stanley on the USPGA tour, was 7 in front at one stage he totally fell apart, 3 in front on the 18th, he ended up with an 8 and then lost the playoff

Ouch !!!!

Par 5 18th, 3rd shot he hit the green 4 yards from the flag no problem. But then the ball span rolled past the flag, off the green stopped in the rough, then rolled again into the water. He was still on the green in 5 so had 2 putts to win, but the first putt left him well short and then the second slid past the hole. Lost the playoff on the second hole. Gutted.

I think the main thing for guys on here is to get your clubs custom fitted if you possibly can, makes so much difference

Definitely, got my irons fitted so much better. Sadly, I have to get my woods second hand, can't really afford them first hand, even though I really want the Taylormade Rocketballz woods

I have had most of my clubs fitted but for me, my improvement has come from having a rangefinder. Knowing the exact yardage has made me commit to shots so much more than i would when just 'thinking' the yardage. If i know i have 170 to the pin i know full 6 iron will be within 10 yards of the pin (obviously if i hit it straight!) rather than trying to 'fiddle' a 5 iron of smash a 7 iron.

Best ?ú250 ever spent. I was saying to my dad the other day, i would rather forget both my driver and 3 wood than forget my rangefinder

Definitely, got my irons fitted so much better. Sadly, I have to get my woods second hand, can't really afford them first hand, even though I really want the Taylormade Rocketballz woods

You seen the Dustin Johnson rocketballz video's, hits a 3 wood 320 yard carry, nice hahah....hits them further than his r11s

You seen the Dustin Johnson rocketballz video's, hits a 3 wood 320 yard carry, nice hahah....hits them further than his r11s

I dont get these rocketballz things, a 3 wood that goes 320... whats the point? Im a believer that you need equal distance gaps in your bags set up.... soon 3 woods will be only 20 yards short of your driver. FOr most players 3 woods are so long now they lose their purpose, most people would be better off with a 4/5 wood @ 16*-19* i use my taylor made v-steel 17* so much more than my 3 wood.

I dont get these rocketballz things, a 3 wood that goes 320... whats the point? Im a believer that you need equal distance gaps in your bags set up.... soon 3 woods will be only 20 yards short of your driver. FOr most players 3 woods are so long now they lose their purpose, most people would be better off with a 4/5 wood @ 16*-19* i use my taylor made v-steel 17* so much more than my 3 wood.

I used to have an old v-steel 7 wood before i changed for a hybrid. Such a great sound & feel when you connected properly.

All my woods are Taylormade,have been for a while,lovely clubs

Played today..............brick me was cold!!!

Shot 5 over my handicap, but considering the conditions, that wasn't bad, and have hardly played since November.

Noticed how little the ball was flying due to the cold air.

Played today..............brick me was cold!!!

Shot 5 over my handicap, but considering the conditions, that wasn't bad, and have hardly played since November.

Noticed how little the ball was flying due to the cold air.

Have a hand warmer in your pocket with a ball then swap each hole....

Have a hand warmer in your pocket with a ball then swap each hole....

Warming the ball up wont really make any difference. Its all to do with the density of the air, colder air = higher density and therefore more friction on the ball. The opposite happens when you play at high altitudes where the air is much thinner - the pros are hitting 1 to 1.5 clubs less than normal.

It's been a few days, but what about Kyle Stanley in the last few weeks ey? Final day on the weekend was a great watch, everyone in contention messed up coming in on the final holes. Levin looks like a guy easy to dislike, so I was hoping for a meltdown. Then I felt a bit sorry for him, but I'm ok now.

Roll on the weekend and the big guns at Pebble, should make a fun watch :D

Meh it's a pro am, looking forward to the Dubai desert classic more.

Great mental strength from Kyle Stanley, really impressive

I played Golf alot as a kid, but feel pretty meh about it now.

michaeldouglas.jpg

Attachments

• michaeldouglas.jpg
    michaeldouglas.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1
I played Golf alot as a kid, but feel pretty meh about it now.

michaeldouglas.jpg

Its just gardening really - with balls.
Posibly the dullest way to watch your life evaporate before your eyes

My father wanted me to be the next Tony Jacklin and dragged me round every golf course in the world. Played my last game at 17 just before I joined the army and left home. Haven't picked up a club since.

I'd rather morris dance

American style, hit it as hard as you can off the tee, then hit it at the target green, not like an Open course where you have to play all sorts of shots

so not a lot of finesse involved then, just smash it as hard as you can. No wonder it's American.

Wow, you must have sucked pretty bad.

50 million think it's ok though.

never got any better than playing off 18, I was never going to improve, as I never learned to love it like my Dad did.

oh I know loads of people love it - as do a lot of people love fishing

just too dull - I like NOW sports

Back