• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Exactly, couldnt agree more. English premier league clubs in the premier league only! ;)

Im amazed i find something to agree with you on but i agree on this.

I do not mind the welsh teams as they have always played in the english league system and the welsh are not scum, a bit brick but not scum.

brick club, brick league it is a bit suprising though as I thought only thing keeping other clubs afloat in Scotland is the two Glasgow clubs or so that is what they try and make everyone believe

the fact Rangers would still be in second even if they get a 10 point deduction shows what a tin pot league it is

If we were deducted 10 points we'd still wouldn't drop a place either.

Although the league in Scotland really is a two horse race every year there is a bit of that elitism in most of the top leagues. If Rangers go bust Celtic support will drop off over time. It would be an unmitigated disaster for the SPL if Rangers disappeared.

The Old Firm will never, ever get into the EPL, and there are two absolute locks making that a certainty. First, it would require Chairmen of relegation-threatened clubs (and I'd put everyone from Everton and Aston Villa down in that boat, so more than half the league) to vote for their own demise. There will never be fewer than 6 or 7 objections at the very, very minimum. Second, such a move would cause absolute chaos for UEFA. You'd have Anderlecht looking to join the Dutch league, Copenhagen looking at the Bundesliga and Benfica eyeing Spain. It would be a disastrous precedent to set. Considering those two factors, I can't ever see it happening (thank GHod).

I actually feel sorry for all SPL fans. The Old Firm fans so desperately want their teams to matter (which no doubt is part of the reason for Rangers' financial problems) and yet all they have is each other, 4 times a year. That's it. Regular European involvement seems beyond either of them and the league is so weak that's unlikely to change. So they have each other in an annual death embrace, and nothing else. For clubs with big supports and great traditions (vile sectarianism aside) that must be so frustrating. And other SPL fans have to put up with 3rd place being the best they can ever do, and the odd bit of fun when they go to one of the Old Firm grounds. It's all just rather wind-swept, second-rate and sad.

The Old Firm will never, ever get into the EPL, and there are two absolute locks making that a certainty. First, it would require Chairmen of relegation-threatened clubs (and I'd put everyone from Everton and Aston Villa down in that boat, so more than half the league) to vote for their own demise. There will never be fewer than 6 or 7 objections at the very, very minimum. Second, such a move would cause absolute chaos for UEFA. You'd have Anderlecht looking to join the Dutch league, Copenhagen looking at the Bundesliga and Benfica eyeing Spain. It would be a disastrous precedent to set. Considering those two factors, I can't ever see it happening (thank GHod).

I actually feel sorry for all SPL fans. The Old Firm fans so desperately want their teams to matter (which no doubt is part of the reason for Rangers' financial problems) and yet all they have is each other, 4 times a year. That's it. Regular European involvement seems beyond either of them and the league is so weak that's unlikely to change. So they have each other in an annual death embrace, and nothing else. For clubs with big supports and great traditions (vile sectarianism aside) that must be so frustrating. And other SPL fans have to put up with 3rd place being the best they can ever do, and the odd bit of fun when they go to one of the Old Firm grounds. It's all just rather wind-swept, second-rate and sad.

Chancer, do you think it would be better for the SPL in the long run that the Celtic/Rangers rivalry was removed from the landscape, so to speak?

You gotta love the Inland Revenue. They harrass Harry for ?ú40K that he does not owe them but at the same time allow Rangers to rack up a tax bill of over ?ú50 million.

Football is starting to get its act together this side of the border as we have seen by the january transfer window spending amount.

Scottish football is shiiiiiiiittteeeee

They need Harry to be their Barrister... he knows how to tinkle off the inland revenue.

They should have put the money in the name of shaggy the dog

Serves them right

Spending beyond your means = administration

They should be demoted 2 leagues and go and play out on the Highlands somewhere

They are just the same as Chelsea and Leeds - scum that paid above what they should

No sympathy here - sod em

Back